Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - the Warlord - managed vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Has shown more leadership and endeavour than blokes with 7-8 years on the list. Even though he isn't 100% fit or conditioned for AFL footy, he has always put his body on the line. He was absolutely cooked because he was carrying the entire team on his shoulders like Sheezel was. It wasn't LDU, it definitely wasn't Jy, it wasn't Lmac, it wasn't Cam Zurhaar and certainly wasn't Corr or any other of the senior players. Pathetic.

Why is it so difficult for our more experienced players to show the way compared to our 18/19 year olds? They need to ******* own up to the lack of leadership going on. Comben can't scream and yell every week, Sheezel can't slam the ground with his hands after a teammate let's him down, Wardlaw can't be getting so cooked that he looks like he spent 5 hours in a boot camp right in the centre of Australia.

When does this bullshit stop?
I feel this is very unfair to Corr who is doing a fantastic job of yelling and pointing :D

I genuinely don't mind him spending some time in the VFL being the hit-to if that's his future (especially if LDU is leaving) but if we bring in someone just as unaccountable as the other two mainstays then it's all for nought.

The balance? He's the only one playing with any accountability in there, lol.
100pct he's in, its George Wardlaw, if you're worried about balance give Jy a break, love him, but he just hasn't looked right this season since that head knock. In fact, give him a week off, get out of town and see the family and forget about footy.

Good to see George back…I’ll watch him all game regardless of results…but sophomore???? Wtf. We ain’t an American college football / basketball side….geez which wiz in our media team had the bright idea let’s use this big word…..please..just keep it simple……
It’s like the use of pissed and pissed-off which creeps into our lexicon. For the record, I am pissed off with my teams level of effort atm, and might need to stop getting pissed each night after they play a game 😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that they have Brayden George and Hardeman named right below in that article. No real mention of Miller Bergman.

I think we will see one or two of them in with Harry moving up the ground.
“Jaydin Stephenson or bring in pacey small Robert Hansen jnr for a season debut.”
Spare me ! Are we scraping that far the bottom of the barrel ?! We are ducked. 🤦‍♂️

Interesting that they have Brayden George and Hardeman named right below in that article. No real mention of Miller Bergman.

I think we will see one or two of them in with Harry moving up the ground.
We're due yeah? A quarter of the season is a fair enough shake for the incumbents in those roles, time to mix things up.

What is not simple about sophomore? Broaden your horizons, man. We aren't trapped in Australia anymore.

If you don't understand the word via context the just ask instead of hiding your insecurity behind your offended vocabulary.

If you do understand, toughen up and get on with it. You don't control others' vocabulary.

Nah, I reckon it's bullshit to apply that term to our game. We don't even use it in our universities. The fact that we "aren't trapped in Australia anymore" doesn't mean we need to pick up unrelatable slang from overseas.

I genuinely believe our boys will play out of their skins against the Crows. The condescending nature of the criticism throughout media land would be stinging everyone at the club.

Go Roos
It f*cking-well-better do. If there isn’t a response, shut up shop and ask if we can be the Tassie Devils.

What is not simple about sophomore? Broaden your horizons, man. We aren't trapped in Australia anymore.

If you don't understand the word via context the just ask instead of hiding your insecurity behind your offended vocabulary.

If you do understand, toughen up and get on with it. You don't control others' vocabulary.

🤣🤣 last time l looked we ain’t living in the ole USA ……telling people to toughen up,over vocabulary ….🤣 really 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
okay I’ll play. George and Harry ain’t no students in second year collage or year 4th year at secondary school…and yes when you apply that context as it’s what the word means it’s absolutely a poor choice of word to use because oooh it sounds good…and we move on…🤣😂

It’s like the use of pissed and pissed-off which creeps into our lexicon. For the record, I am pissed off with my teams level of effort atm, and might need to stop getting pissed each night after they play a game 😎
Now that could be a rather interesting and insightful night out 🤣👏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back