German election

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see a woman is the true leader of the free world. Well done to Merkel despite losing votes, she is still there.
Why is it good to see a woman or a man? Why does that matter to you?

• Banned
Got a link?
"The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, has courted growing anti-immigrant opinion in Germany by claiming the country's attempts to create a multicultural society have "utterly failed".

"She said the onus was on immigrants to do more to integrate into German society.
"This [multicultural] approach has failed, utterly failed," Merkel told the meeting in Potsdam, west of Berlin, yesterday.

Her remarks will stir a debate about immigration in a country which is home to around 4 million Muslims."

"One recent poll showed one-third of Germans believed the country was "overrun by foreigners".

It also found 55% of Germans believed that Arabs are "unpleasant people", compared with the 44% who held the opinion seven years ago.

In her speech, Merkel said the education of unemployed Germans should take priority over recruiting workers from abroad, while noting that Germany could not get by without skilled foreign workers."

Now this is an article taken from, you guessed it, 2010. Bit of a back-pedalling backflip to what has happened since 2015. Completely sold out Germany.

"The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, has courted growing anti-immigrant opinion in Germany by claiming the country's attempts to create a multicultural society have "utterly failed".

"She said the onus was on immigrants to do more to integrate into German society.
"This [multicultural] approach has failed, utterly failed," Merkel told the meeting in Potsdam, west of Berlin, yesterday.

Her remarks will stir a debate about immigration in a country which is home to around 4 million Muslims."

"One recent poll showed one-third of Germans believed the country was "overrun by foreigners".

It also found 55% of Germans believed that Arabs are "unpleasant people", compared with the 44% who held the opinion seven years ago.

In her speech, Merkel said the education of unemployed Germans should take priority over recruiting workers from abroad, while noting that Germany could not get by without skilled foreign workers."

Now this is an article taken from, you guessed it, 2010. Bit of a back-pedalling backflip to what has happened since 2015. Completely sold out Germany.
That is one way of interpreting. How much did she get from the sale?

The CDU from its earliest iteration had a wing for former Nazis and Nazi sympathisers, a grouping who for the last 50 years have been more and more out of step with a country that no longer views women as servants, immigrants as lesser beings and homosexuals as perverts. Merkel is a pragmatic politician, and following the GFC sought to back export-oriented capital over domestic-oriented capital, pushing out the remnants of that far right wing, which is where the AfD has been formed out of. Really she only changed her rhetoric, German policy on those seeking asylum didn't change much, but by being more embracing of social liberalism the SPD, long ago converted to third way-ism, have been essentially irrelevant and the differences between the two parties are minor.

In fact, from around two years ago, Merkel severely curtailed German asylum laws - refugees receive less financial support and social services, asylum applications are rejected without proper investigation, mandatory residence has been reintroduced, severely limiting the free movement of asylum seekers within Germany and war-torn countries have been declared safe, forcing refugees back into danger. This is basically what the AfD want and was done by the CDU and the SPD.

The AfD will not improve things for working Germans. Like Trump and Hanson, they claim to represent the poor and downtrodden but their policies only serve Germany's wealthiest. They use fear of "foreign domination" (harking back to their pre-1945 roots) to hide the shared interests of the German poor and refugees, instead exaggerating cultural and ethnic differences.

They're as terrible as every other fascist party has been throughout history. Merkel's not great, pretty much none of the options this election were, but putting faith in the far right is as misguided now as it was in 1922.

Why does it matter to you?
Sorry I am unsure what you mean, and did my post come across unintentionally rude? It doesn't matter to me female or male.
Or were you asking me why does it matter to me, that it matters to you? Again doesn't matter, but this is a discussion forum so saw no issues in asking another the basis for their opinion.

Sorry I am unsure what you mean, and did my post come across unintentionally rude? It doesn't matter to me female or male.
Or were you asking me why does it matter to me, that it matters to you? Again doesn't matter, but this is a discussion forum so saw no issues in asking another the basis for their opinion.
Speaks well, doesn't resort to personalities and gutter talk like Trump, stands up for what she believes in despite criticisms from many sides.
I haven't always supported her views/polices but have to admire her strength. Smart politician.

As for being a female leader, I don't recall her ever using that in politics and doesn't appear that others use it in criticism of her so it seems she doesn't use it nor do others use it against her. Smart woman. Does that make sense?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The OP wants to post a vague reference to 'former German glory, or Soros (read; cosmopolitan bankers, read; jews) but he will weave it in slowly.
Or just creating a thread on the election in Europe's most powerful country?

Looks like your commie brothers in arm in antifa might require your assistance over there after their protests last night

Or just creating a thread on the election in Europe's most powerful country?

Looks like your commie brothers in arm in antifa might require your assistance over there after their protests last night

Kid Fascist BTFO.

Kidd Viscious strikes me as the type that kneels for the Aussie anthem before AFL finals games.

Isn't standing for the anthem, hand on heart and all that stuff just virtue signalling?
Well apparently you're leftist brothers contradicted this by stating that Trump was disrespecting the anthem by only standing and nt having his hand on his heart. So which one is it, cause it seems Trump is damned either way by liberals!

Well apparently you're leftist brothers contradicted this by stating that Trump was disrespecting the anthem by only standing and nt having his hand on his heart. So which one is it, cause it seems Trump is damned either way by liberals!

Mainstream Democrats aren't leftists and (correct me if I'm wrong) Kidd's not a liberal.

I get that people who can't hack that they are in fact fascists might struggle with labels though.

Mainstream Democrats aren't leftists and (correct me if I'm wrong) Kidd's not a liberal.

I get that people who can't hack that they are in fact fascists might struggle with labels though.
Kid is a commie.

Don’t care much about German politics but doesn’t this vindicate Brexit voters?

Seems no one in Europe is happy with the state of politics in Europe.

Strange anyone advocates for the status quo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back