Business & Finance Giving correct change at the register

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of taking up time - people who could easily have had their wallet or some money out of their pocket by the time all of their groceries have been bagged, or order taken, but instead act surprised when they're asked for money.
Same goes for using their mykis at the station. They stroll up to the machine while blocking you all the way and then fiddle with purses, handbags or wallets for the stupid things.

Because of a staff shortage one weekend I worked from 2pm Saturday to 7am Sunday morning at a Mobil servo. I loved working as a console operator as the pay was pretty good for what you did. Not that shift though.

That is nuts.

I did a few movie marathons ie. 12am-6am, I know only 6 hours but that was pretty tough, was an absolute zombie at the end of that..

That is nuts.

I did a few movie marathons ie. 12am-6am, I know only 6 hours but that was pretty tough, was an absolute zombie at the end of that..
Yeah, I worked 12am to 6am 5 days a week for 10 years. I never ever got used to doing night shifts. My body clock is still out as well.

That is nuts.

What was a typical day for you then, when would you sleep??
When I first started, I worked the following:
Wednesday 6pm-12am
Friday 12am-6am
Saturday 12am-7am
Sunday 12am-7am

After about 6 months I was working as many as I could. Usually I worked as above plus Monday 12am-6am as well.
For the first 6 months I was sleeping from 8am to 5pm after a night shift. After a while, I changed and would sleep for 5 hours in the morning and then have 3 more hours sleep at night before starting again at midnight. If I came off a night shift and then had a couple of days off, I would only sleep 2 or 3 hours. Otherwise, I couldn't sleep that night.

When I first started, I worked the following:
Wednesday 6pm-12am
Friday 12am-6am
Saturday 12am-7am
Sunday 12am-7am

After about 6 months I was working as many as I could. Usually I worked as above plus Monday 12am-6am as well.
For the first 6 months I was sleeping from 8am to 5pm after a night shift. After a while, I changed and would sleep for 5 hours in the morning and then have 3 more hours sleep at night before starting again at midnight. If I came off a night shift and then had a couple of days off, I would only sleep 2 or 3 hours. Otherwise, I couldn't sleep that night.

Was there much extra money in working graveyard shifts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you pay for less than 35 dollars fuel using a 50 or 100 dollar note you're a campaigner. No exceptions.
If you work on the register and think it's you who gets to decide what I pay with, you're an even bigger one.

haha what are u gonna do about it m8
thats right ur gonna do fk all except give me my change HAHAHAHAHA
Yep, 20 dollars in $2 coins, 10 dollars in $1 coins and a few pieces of silver for decoration.

no you'll give me notes when I demand them, and you bloody know you will too or you'll get in "TROUBLE"!"""
LOL
lolnope. You'll take what you're given. Despite what people think, nobody gives a * if the customer is happy. You need fuel and you'll come crawling back every time to save 2 cents a litre on a half tank fill rather than drive 2km down the road and pay more.

lolnope. You'll take what you're given. Despite what people think, nobody gives a **** if the customer is happy. You need fuel and you'll come crawling back every time to save 2 cents a litre on a half tank fill rather than drive 2km down the road and pay more.

LOL just LOL @ this posturing and tough talk - different story when i'm berating you in front of a line of customers and your manager is standing next to you trying to calm me down. you'll probably fold like a cheap suit and give me my fuel for free as well as throw in a can of Monster (I ONLY LIKETHE IMPORTED)

Had its perks too:

> Restocking chips (or shapes, chicos etc)
> Stab the box on the side a few times with the boxcutter
> Open the box
> 'Oh no, a few of these bags have holes in them. We can't stock these'
> Free chips

When I worked at a supermarket people always used to damage the milo cans so they'd write them off and put them in the tea room. The international roast coffee tins were handled with extreme care.

LOL just LOL @ this posturing and tough talk - different story when i'm berating you in front of a line of customers and your manager is standing next to you trying to calm me down. you'll probably fold like a cheap suit and give me my fuel for free as well as throw in a can of Monster (I ONLY LIKETHE IMPORTED)
The manager wouldn't even waste an out of date can of Rockstar on scum customers like you. You'd be backing down at the mere threat of police involvement.

^^^LOL@petrol station workers thinking they are real people:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$
lol @ CHEAPSKATE customers thinking their opinions matter. Must be hard knowing you have to suck it up and play nice every time you fill up so you can save a few cents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back