News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

...and much harder to see the play in a night game if your seat is low-ish to the ground. Too bright and distracting, I gave up my seat because of it.
We sit undercover in Row Z or so, no issues with the glare up there. Anything beats sitting up the back of the old doug wade stand.

Geelong has been confirmed as a host city again for the t20 World Cup in oct/ nice ember - I wonder if they’ve let the ICC know that there may be a few balls that go missing over cow corner.
They can use the cranes for camera positions.

They can use the cranes for camera positions.

I would be guessing the stand will be in place by then, not all the seats and facilities, but the concrete part of it would be there.

I am now beginning the second half of my life and I have learned somethings:
1. We relentlessly march on, progress in whatever its form, stops for nobody.
2. People disappoint you.
3. Everything you love is eventually torn from you.

Standing room was excellent. Call me a grumpy old campaigner, but this is s**t.

Have a look at these ******* tossers would ya. Don't we already have the MCC members for all those who want to instatock at the footy, wait, what? Where are these people even? Are they watching outside the stadium? * there is a lot wrong with this s**t....where did those trees come from?

1638246448070.png

Oh hello, more w***ers. Why is that bloke drinking a starbucks sized coffee at the footy and why is his wife getting sassy? Is it because their mate is hooving so much cocaine half his head is covered in it or is it because he is ignoring them to check his crypto?

Why is that couple snapping a photo like that? Have we gotten so used to this narcissistic ******* behaviour that we are putting it in the brochure? If I saw that fair chance the Herald Sun is running a front page the next day about the brazen beatdown at the footy.

Why are those two dudes having a conversation on the stairs? Is that dude carrying a handbang as a reference to something? I mean is this just cool now and I'm old OR IS THIS ******* campaigner CALLING ME A HANDBAGGER? Why is this whole thing ALREADY MAKING ME ANGRY?!?!?!

1638246436137.png

Anyway, * stage 5.

The people in those pics are just for marketing.

Don't worry, there will still be plenty of fat yobbos at the games, it's just that they don't look good in marketing material.

Oh, and there will be some standing room but I don't know it will have the same feeling.
Half of the middle tier will be all standing room, think it’s got a capacity of 3k to 4k or so. Pretty decent section. If its popular, hopefully they’ll expand it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am now beginning the second half of my life and I have learned somethings:
1. We relentlessly march on, progress in whatever its form, stops for nobody.
2. People disappoint you.
3. Everything you love is eventually torn from you.

Standing room was excellent. Call me a grumpy old campaigner, but this is sh*t.

Have a look at these ******* tossers would ya. Don't we already have the MCC members for all those who want to instatock at the footy, wait, what? Where are these people even? Are they watching outside the stadium? fu** there is a lot wrong with this sh*t....where did those trees come from?

View attachment 1289911

Oh hello, more w***ers. Why is that bloke drinking a starbucks sized coffee at the footy and why is his wife getting sassy? Is it because their mate is hooving so much cocaine half his head is covered in it or is it because he is ignoring them to check his crypto?

Why is that couple snapping a photo like that? Have we gotten so used to this narcissistic ******* behaviour that we are putting it in the brochure? If I saw that fair chance the Herald Sun is running a front page the next day about the brazen beatdown at the footy.

Why are those two dudes having a conversation on the stairs? Is that dude carrying a handbang as a reference to something? I mean is this just cool now and I'm old OR IS THIS ******* campaigner CALLING ME A HANDBAGGER? Why is this whole thing ALREADY MAKING ME ANGRY?!?!?!

View attachment 1289910

Anyway, fu** stage 5.
when-larry-asks-why-his-profile-picture-got-changed-the-39916390.jpg

5a0e836e30f47e1d3bf401c7745c76c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the Addy…

Indoor training facility to take Cats into the future
LACHIE YOUNGChief football writer
A new state-of-the-art training facility at the southern end of GMHBA Stadium is set to be a key feature of the finalised Kardinia Park redevelopment.
The proposed facility, which would boast a 60x40m indoor training space, will include a commercial area and community hub, allowing athletes from around the Geelong region access as well as the club’s four football sides.

What Cats indoor training facility could look like. Picture: Supplied

What Cats indoor training facility could look like. Picture: Supplied
The addition of two women’s programs to the Geelong Football Club is one of the major drivers of the planned project, according to Cats chief executive Steve Hocking.

Further events at GMHBA Stadium when it becomes a 40,000 seat venue means the Cats will have to find new ways to train and Hocking said the addition of an inside training facility at the Kardinia Park precinct was crucial to allowing that to happen.

“One of the main reasons for it is the challenges that we are going to face, as far once it becomes a 40,000 seat stadium, there is going to be a lot of events that are going to take place at our stadium,” Hocking said.

“When I left to go to the AFL four years ago we only had two programs, which was an AFL men’s and a VFL men’s. We are now co-ed, we have got four programs now – we have got AFLW and we have also got VFLW.

Plans for the stage 5 renovation of Geelong's Kardinia Park (GMHBA Stadium).

Plans for the stage 5 renovation of Geelong's Kardinia Park (GMHBA Stadium).
“It is really important that this precinct supports those four programs moving forward, so that is going to be a really important facility for us to deliver – collectively (as a) board and also the executive as well.

“So we are going to have a real keen focus on that as we come out of Stage 5. That is something that we are looking to do down the far end of the park.”

Hocking, speaking at the Geelong Football Club annual general meeting on Monday, reiterated the Cats’ desire to increase membership to 100,000, and said winning premierships, while not easy, and ensuring Geelong remained a destination club, were the key aims.

“That is really important to us,” he said.

“That is one of the reasons I am back here, it is a destination club.

“It is a fantastic place to work, it is a fantastic place to live. The migration that is coming into the region, we need to take the opportunity to access the people that are actually coming here and make sure that our club environment is continuing to be a leader across the competition because it is more competitive year on year.”

Where are they going to get the room at the southern end of K'Park to build that?
Have they acquired the land that the Elderly Citizen's club stands on?

Where are they going to get the room at the southern end of K'Park to build that?
Have they acquired the land that the Elderly Citizen's club stands on?

The should put a roof over the swimming pool and get physio's onsite , to utilise it and make money from rental. It probably has to be that end, nowhere else they could do it without moving stmary's

Remember that 'they' is not ever the club, they don't own anything, they are lease tenants and it's all 'owned' by the Kardinia Park Stadium Trust on behalf of the government. This elderly citizen's club falls under it: https://www.kardiniapark.vic.gov.au/precinct-partners/

Cool, I am aware of that. But it doesn't answer my question.
Is this new training facility going to be built on the land now occupied by the Elderly Citz or will it be built elsewhere?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back