News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Q
  • We say?? Who says?? Yeah nah. Not even close based on my sporting ventures to the US and Europe over the last 30 years.
    We are a more sedate civilised mob especially these days. Yes there are exceptions to that rule. But all in all we are.
    On opponents. Oh yeah opponents do matter... They matter a lot.
    Yeah it’s just you. lol.
    *NFL ticket holders turn up or sell them off as the demand is that very similar to AFL GF tickets.
    Cheer and clap your heart out. We are lucky we have a lot of kids at our games.
    Somethings u don't see overseas as it's really too costly.
    Cheers & GoCatters!

My experience in the US is that NFL is crazy but College Sports (especially "football") is even more tribal. Ask for some when you ask what team they follow and you'll be met with their college team - that's where you learn about Buckeyes vs Wolverine's rivalry

Most of trips to the USA have included January which is 'Bowl Season', and when it comes to the College Bowls the fans are nuts, it really is a intergenerational thing and college allegiance doesn't change

When I was in New Orleans a few years back they were getting ready for the Sugar Bowl, and at the parade the day before the fans were decked out head to toe in their college colours - this included one family where there was 4 or 5 generations in attendance from the baby just a few months old, to the elder statesman of the family and all were wearing head to toe orange

About a decade before that I was in Ohio over homecoming weekend - the Buckeyes had a home game & their stadium at the university has a seating capacity of over 102,000 with a record crowd of over 110k - the traffic jam for those trying to get to the ground would have impressed those who get stuck on the Westgate freeway in the mornings

We are passionate here, but nothing like what is seen overseas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back