• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You just know it would be our home showdown that would be played interstate.

We always get the short straw when it comes to fixturing.
We really should be pointing out behind closed doors the issues at Port showdowns.

These days the odds for a streaker at a port Showdown would be paying better than $1.90 wouldn't it?

People on these boards want to make other clubs pay through the nose when they take our players then think other clubs will need to do us deals and can't dig in themselves when we go for theirs.

People on here said Dawson wasn't worth the pick we were giving up (clearly never saw him play prior) then the same about Rankine (who the signs were there last year in patches where he was trending.)

In an ideal world we dont give up pick 5 but no way the Gold Coast were going to accept less when they picked him at #3, invested years of development and through the middle part of last year was ranked the #1 forward in the comp for a few rounds. Absolutely dreaming if they think GC were ever going to just bend over for us to take a guy on the cusp of elevating his game seriously.
Thats how you get ahead, you think geelong have been paying what players are worth?
They held out on Tim Kelly going out, nice guys finish last.

Like both their preliminary finals, Allir's All Australian and Dixon's All Australian and Wines Brownlow. Meaningless COVID Cup years.

I also note that we never got a wooden spoon on this theory.
I just point out we're the last AFL club to win a wooden spoon (Until club 19 enters the league)

Means if Port fans try to argue they haven't, they have to choose between 1 premiership (and 0 wooden spoons) or 35^ premierships (and 3 wooden spoons)

It's a no loss argument. You're either right, or they have to relinquish any claim of their 34 SANFL premierships to twist the argument in their favour.

^Can they **** off claiming 37, 1998 and 1999 SANFL premierships were won by a club you merged with. They're not yours.

I've siad it before, I'll say it again.

I hate home team hosting.

Too big an advantage.

I'd love neutral, but ensuring it and getting the logistics right on 1-2 weeks notice could be a nightmare.

Either go the bid option with a clause saying it can't be in the same place more than once every 3 years.

Or, my suggestion from years back. Defending premiers host.

But I'd hate home team hosting. Would rather scrap finals and treat it like a proper league, ala. Most soccer leagues.

At least with the current deal it has the potential to be neutral and fair. But going to highest ranked team is like the MCG contract, but every year.

It's a big advantage for a reason: that team was the best throughout the season

Thats how you get ahead, you think geelong have been paying what players are worth?
They held out on Tim Kelly going out, nice guys finish last.
You do realise Kelly was contracted of course?, different scenario when the player is uncontracted.

I've siad it before, I'll say it again.

I hate home team hosting.

Too big an advantage.

I'd love neutral, but ensuring it and getting the logistics right on 1-2 weeks notice could be a nightmare.

Either go the bid option with a clause saying it can't be in the same place more than once every 3 years.

Or, my suggestion from years back. Defending premiers host.

But I'd hate home team hosting. Would rather scrap finals and treat it like a proper league, ala. Most soccer leagues.

At least with the current deal it has the potential to be neutral and fair. But going to highest ranked team is like the MCG contract, but every year.
There’s another solution..

make the GF a “best of three, first to two” game “play off”.

1 game played at each clubs home ground and one played at the G.

team that comes higher after the minor rounds and makes the GF gets the first game at their ground..

second game is at the MCG..

third game, if required is played at the home ground of the team that came lower after the minor rounds but made the GF..

But if the team that came lower on the ladder is an MCG “home ground team” then the third game, if needed, is played at a neutral venue.

so in 2017 between the crows and tigers..
…. the first game would’ve been played at AO
… second game at MCG
… third game, if required, could’ve been played at the SCG, Gabba or Optus stadium in Perth..

each team gets a home game, the team that came higher on the ladder gets a bit of an advantage to get out of the blocks quicker.. and the MCG still always gets a GF every year as per the dumbfxxk agreement..

seeing as it was mentioned might as well show it again

View attachment 1650874
Someone that knows how to do it really needs to “GIF up“ Chubby Rioli’s dropped mark in the last quarter of the showdown on the weekend and change the footy to the Showdown trophy…

that was an absolute stinker at the worst possible time..

Back