• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought we played pretty well, and the 3rd was scintillating, but just not good enough. 4.13 across three quarters just isn't good. You won't beat many with that, let alone the best. Pies never out of a match.

Jordan Dawson is a jet but we need more ball-using midfielders. With the talent we have across the ground we will win some games and play a watchable style but until we get a couple, I'm not going to get too worked up either way because it won't matter.

Nicks has the ability as coach to change the style of games. You might not win but at least show some control. A genuine mark against him so far has been his lacking in this area but I thought he got things moving in the 3rd - just not good enough overall.

Nothing has changed on my attitude a month ago and the month before that - we probably won't play finals, which is okay providing the right decisions are made at weekly selection and then at the trade/draft table.

The trajectory is there.

RE: Umpiring - the standard league-wide from week to week is horrid, across all facets. It's not worth the energy.

Often I would say that umpiring doesn't decide games but on this occasion it clearly did.

Rankine's goal not allowed on review.

Dawson taken high inside 50 at the death.

Those two decisions alone decided the game in favour of Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold your heads up boys. We should have won that. Umps took control in the last quarter and made sure the Magpies got up.

Dawson was huge, captain stood up when we needed him.

Shows we can take it up to the best in the league away from home. Lots to be proud about today. Just shattered that we couldn't get the win though.

Often I would say that umpiring doesn't decide games but on this occasion it clearly did.

Rankine's goal not allowed on review.

Dawson taken high inside 50 at the death.

Those two decisions alone decided the game in favour of Collingwood

also the 50m penalty

Good:
Dawson
Tex
Laird
Rankine's second half
Hinge
Ned off the pine
3rd quarter comeback. Best we've played this year.

Bad:
Umpires
Commentators
1st Qtr contagious crap kicking
Smith miss in the last qtr
Milera's lack of awareness to the incoming tackler
Sholl - has to be dropped

That stings. This “league” is just beyond words honestly.

Collingwood against Non VIC sides this year at the G have been brutal. I thought you would have done well with competitive 3-4 goal loss tbh. What the AFC showed today… wow. That third quarter was absolutely brilliant. The last, you were still running out the game, your fitness is elite.

A few missed chances and completely disgusting umpiring 🤬 You deserved the win on the balance of play for that second half.

We know the deficiencies. You are far from the finished product. But you are on the right path. Be proud of the side today. Keep winning at home, snare a couple away and the finals drought will end this year!

Frustrating that we lost to this lot again, but it’s not nearly as much as the R7 loss

We’re on a very nice trajectory, we’re not at a top-notch level just yet but we’re getting there

You know Dawson unfortunately won’t get the three votes even though he was the most dominant player on the ground

Don't really think the umpiring was that bad. The 50 to Daicos was questionable but it was a mark to Mihocek anyway so probably still results in a goal. Umpires call for Rankine's goal was correct, couldn't overturn based on that and I think it probably was a behind. Disappointing to lose but the result was decided by a series of goals from centre bounces, not by a couple of marginal frees.

Some big positives to take from that result anyway - third quarter was definitely our best for the year. If we play like that against other opposition we will win a lot of games.

Back