Socceroos (Graham Arnold and) The Socceroos Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to see Mabil start against Lebanon. He uses his assets well, drives forward with the ball and makes good runs without it. Is also a much bigger threat on goal than Kruse is.

Juric is a lazy pig, I hope this Asian Cup is the last we see of him. He's absolutely no different to a Bruce Djite who was nowhere near good enough the NT in his appearances.

Leckie is really our best option up front converting him into a central no.9. He has the pace to link up with Mabil and Boyle, we will finally have a complete front line with the ability to get in behind with pace, he's also fairly decent in the air.

It's not perfect, but our best option imo.

Leckie is the only player that's looked anything like a threat in the box, Cahill aside, since Kennedy. We've enough passable wingers, so it makes sense to put him upfront. And we have absolutely nothing to lose.

Juric is a lazy pig, I hope this Asian Cup is the last we see of him. He's absolutely no different to a Bruce Djite who was nowhere near good enough the NT in his appearances.

Leckie is really our best option up front converting him into a central no.9. He has the pace to link up with Mabil and Boyle, we will finally have a complete front line with the ability to get in behind with pace, he's also fairly decent in the air.

It's not perfect, but our best option imo.
Hes much different to Bruce, Bruce actually put effort in.

Nabbout is still my personal starting striker, looked like he had an eye for goal coming on after that long injury layoff, seems to fit the style better than say Juric or Jmac.

Interesting squad, although I think we are a bit thin in midfield. I would have personally left out Kruse and brought in Jeggo, especially with the Mooy injury cloud.

Socceroos bellyaching about Mooy and Huddersfield.

Ok its the asian cup - but even though the socceroos won it they dont really rate it. premiership survival is so much more important to huddersfield than the asian cup is to the socceroos, but guess whos whining the loudest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Socceroos bellyaching about Mooy and Huddersfield.

Ok its the asian cup - but even though the socceroos won it they dont really rate it. premiership survival is so much more important to huddersfield than the asian cup is to the socceroos, but guess whos whining the loudest?
Playing for your country in a major tournament is important. Mooy is the one who requested a 2nd opinion, so I'm guessing he thinks it's a pretty big deal too.

Huddersfield are trying to say hes injured, you can bet your bottom dollar he will be playing for them during the Tournament.

It's the risk you take when you sign international players, particularly when hes arguably the country's most important one.

Interesting squad, although I think we are a bit thin in midfield. I would have personally left out Kruse and brought in Jeggo, especially with the Mooy injury cloud.
Antonis too.

Playing for your country in a major tournament is important. Mooy is the one who requested a 2nd opinion, so I'm guessing he thinks it's a pretty big deal too.

Huddersfield are trying to say hes injured, you can bet your bottom dollar he will be playing for them during the Tournament.

It's the risk you take when you sign international players, particularly when hes arguably the country's most important one.

Hes also the clubs most important one.
But really, aussies don't rate the asian cup. Ange won it but they still treated him like poo. its particularly hypocritical.

Hes also the clubs most important one.
But really, aussies don't rate the asian cup. Ange won it but they still treated him like poo. its particularly hypocritical.
Really ?? Weve been dining out on the fact we won it for nearly 4 years. Any time you win a trophy for your country it's a big deal.

They treated Ange like garbage because he liked to challenge authority and his ego was larger than his stomach.

Jeggo and Antonis sweating over Mooy's fitness. Kruse very lucky.
Lucky doesnt even describe it. Theres a number of wingers around who aren't playing that well...... who are still playing better than Kruse.

Arnold snubbing Victory players because of the lost semi last year,what a w***er.
Wouldn't it make more sense to take them, weaken Victory to fit this conspiracy?

Antonis is unlucky but will be right on the plane over there if Mooy doesn't make it. Troisi is s**t and shouldn't be near the team.

Wouldn't it make more sense to take them, weaken Victory to fit this conspiracy?

Antonis is unlucky but will be right on the plane over there if Mooy doesn't make it. Troisi is s**t and shouldn't be near the team.
And their better players outside of Antonis aren't exactly eligible to play for Australia.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back