Game Day Grand Final 2022 - Cats v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Good game for us by Sam Reid…hopefully Logan is suitably pissed off

Geelong vs Sydney
puppy fail GIF

Can we not peak in round 12 next year please for * sake.
We got figured out, mostly beaten by coaching in the second half of the season and without the tools to adapt. Another preseason with the young core will be crucial. Geelong are so experienced, they can adapt the way they play on the fly. That’s where we need to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to start being more aggressive giving recycled players a go that Geelong has done for years.

They don’t always get it right…but most the time their system is good enough to turn them into jets.

They have only missed the finals once between 07 to 22 from my recollection.

We need to start being more aggressive giving recycled players a go that Geelong has done for years.

They don’t always get it right…but most the time their system is good enough to turn them into jets.

They have only missed the finals once between 07 to 22 from my recollection.
Harder to do for a non-vic team

It’s a leg up to the Cats list management that they are based in a state where a majority of the players actually come from. Then there’s the whole father/son thing.

It’s really hard to compete.
A couple of things I think they do right:

They trade and draft for need. Not exclusively, but still quite deliberately.

They target players to trade for who have regional connections, and play the long game to get them. They have great eyes and ears on players from juniors through their careers in AFL.

They don't over value some positions or roles such as ruck or hbf.

They don't gift games to youth, and certainly no on mass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back