Green v Jones Jnr

Remove this Banner Ad

If Green was unable to handle the speed of Mundine (twice), how the hell can anyone think he'll be able to cope with RJJ... whose speed, reflexes and class leaves Mundine for dead.

Bizarre.

wow...just, wow. if green makes it out of the third ill be very surprised

Remember Jones is 40 now, I'm pretty sure he's not pullin off the same moves!!

I just hope Green competes and finds a way to make the fight last while getting in a few shots to make it respectable. Jones has too much boxing skill and experience to lose this one though. Will be good to watch nonetheless.

Green looks fitter than I have ever seen him
He is not scared of being hurt and should not be intimidated by the ol seppo
I expect a good fight but certainly Green is the underdog

has anyone else got foxtel and flicked over to main event? they've been showing recent Roy Jones/Danny Green matches, and after watching a few, i'd say Green's chances of competing have gone up (in my own opinion of course).

while it's unknown how good Green's opponents were in those fights i watched, he seemed to look like a much better boxer than he used to be. problem is, most of his opponents were right there in front of him. if Jones moves (which btw i didn't see him doing much in the fights i watched of him), then it's another story. we'll see what happens ey

Agree with that, Green has a big chance going by last fight form. I seen Mundine out a few weeks ago here in adelaide and he said thought Jones Jnr should win but Green has the power to trouble him and maybe even win.

Does anyone know or know where i can find the undercard to this fight. I heard Willie Kickett might be on it.

http://www.15rounds.com/roy-jones-j...ing-to-be-seen-internationally-on-gfl-113009/

Fans will also be treated to a full five fight undercard which will feature former WBA Featherweight champion, Derrick Gianer (41-7-1, 24 KO’s) taking on Steve Willis (12-0-2, 6 KO’s); Verquan Kimbrough (21-2-3, 7 KO’s) against Will Tomlinson (9-0-1, 9 KO’s) in a Jr./ Welterweight bout; Tui Levin (9-2, 6 KO’s) battling Ryan Walters in a Jr. Middleweight bout; Rayco Saunders (16-12-2, 7 KO’s) against Walter Pupu’a (11-4, 8 KO’s); Rey Anton Olante (8-12-2) takes on Sedat Tasci (5-1-2, 2 KO’s) in Lightweight bout.

518 now is a preview of the fight should be good, danny green gets pissed of in the interview at something another fighter says about australia.
I hope danny green wins but seriously i dont think he will. RJJ is that good its not funny they show a clip of him talking to someone in the ground whilst dodging 4-5 punches and landing 4-5 himself.

RJJ is that good its not funny they show a clip of him talking to someone in the ground whilst dodging 4-5 punches and landing 4-5 himself.

he must've learnt that trick from floyd

[YOUTUBE]SaXwwpKIoi4[/YOUTUBE]
Roy Jones Jr is among the commentators.

Also, anyone know of any pubs/sports bars that might be showing it (in Melbourne)?? Thinking of trying to get to a place with some atmosphere or something

Maybe a silly question, (and certainly one that shows my lack of any knowledge of boxing events) - but does the Green vs RJJ fight have an actual start time? (or a 'no earlier than' time?) Or does it simply start when all the other fights are done?

Maybe a silly question, (and certainly one that shows my lack of any knowledge of boxing events) - but does the Green vs RJJ fight have an actual start time? (or a 'no earlier than' time?) Or does it simply start when all the other fights are done?

I want in on the answer to your question too Silencer. Am thinking about wandering down to the local to watch it with a few mates but the undercard doesn't hold much interest to me and if it's not kicking off til 10pm or so I might give it a miss.
For the record i think RJJ puts Green down in the 4th round. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Green in the 10th

If it lasts 10 or the distance, Green has no chance.

The only chance Green has is to knock Jones out in the first 8 rounds, he just can not out box Roy Jones Jnr. He couldn't outbox Mundine, how can he outbox someone who is 5 times as good as Mundine has/ever will be.

If it lasts 10 or the distance, Green has no chance.

The only chance Green has is to knock Jones out in the first 8 rounds, he just can not out box Roy Jones Jnr. He couldn't outbox Mundine, how can he outbox someone who is 5 times as good as Mundine has/ever will be.
Green was arguably not fit when he went into the match with Mundine. Danny Green has the skills to beat Jones Jr, but as you stated. I believe he will have to knock him out to come away with the victory. Should be a very good match though:thumbsu:

Does anyone know the approx. time of the fight?

Id love to go see it but can't really afford to be drinking for 3 hours before the fight starts.

+1 right here. I am reading 7pm (WST) then 3pm then 4pm then 6pm. I am sure they'd have a build up to it of course so I thought it would be after 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back