Player Watch #19: Griffin 'Gus the Goose-stepper’ Logue - recovering well from ACL injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle Dockers swingman Griffin Logue still wants to be traded to North Melbourne

Fremantle swingman Griffin Logue remains keen to be traded to North Melbourne, despite the likelihood he will not know who will coach the Kangaroos next season by the time of next month’s trade period.

The fate of incoming Roos coach Alastair Clarkson, who was unveiled to fanfare last month after signing a five-year deal, is unclear ahead of an investigation into racism allegations from his time as Hawthorn coach.

Clarkson is keen to settle Logue in a key defensive post and views him as a key part of his rejuvenation plans.

Logue’s manager Colin Young said the intention was to proceed with a trade to the Roos.

Last edited:
If we land Logue and Clark (who is coming for LDU not the coach) that’s a reasonable start to the trade period.

There might be some other deals in the pipeline that either haven’t emerged as opportunities yet or haven’t been reported.

I’m neither here nor there on Hill and Tucker.

If we land Logue and Clark (who is coming for LDU not the coach) that’s a reasonable start to the trade period.

There might be some other deals in the pipeline that either haven’t emerged as opportunities yet or haven’t been reported.

I’m neither here nor there on Hill and Tucker.
We get Clark/ logue and a small pressure forward(Bedford) then that’d be a great trade period
Only thing we really need to top up is a kpf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Former Adelaide and Geelong forward Josh Jenkins believes wantaway Docker Griffin Logue worth $600,000​

Aaron KirbyThe West Australian

Thu, 29 September 2022 6:21PM

Former AFL forward Josh Jenkins says North Melbourne should offer wantaway Dockers swingman Griffin Logue more than half a million dollars to join the club.

The 149-gamer, who retired in 2021, lavished Logue with praise, even labelling him the “sneaky best athlete in the AFL” who could play on any forward in the competition.

“I’m a huge Griffin Logue guy,” he told AFL Trade Radio.

“He doesn’t look like an outstanding athlete, but he’s got ups, he’s stronger than you think, he’s a little quicker than you think, and he can play on almost anyone.

“I’ve seen him play on Lance Franklin; I’ve seen him do a good job on Jeremy Cameron.

“He’s strong enough to play on the bigger guys; he’s agile enough to play on the smaller guys.

“I’d spend a considerable amount of the million on him, around $600,000.”

Logue informed Fremantle of his desire to head east via a trade earlier this month after spending most of the year playing out of position as a forward after struggling to break into the Dockers’ best six defenders.

Jenkins said the 24-year-old would comfortably fit in North’s defensive unit.
“He is an immediate upgrade on Aiden Corr and Josh Walker,” he said

“There is no doubt Griffin Logue is an upgrade on both of those players.

“He’s got the ability to go forward, but I think, and I’ve heard, he’s really keen just to be settled down back.”

North Melbourne received a 2023 second-round pick and a 2023 third-rounder from the AFL that must be traded as part of a special assistance package, and it is believed they could be key to Logue finding his way to the Kangaroos.

Logue kicked eight goals across 20 games this season as the Dockers returned to finals for the first time since 2015 but looked out of place in the forward line.

Former Adelaide and Geelong forward Josh Jenkins believes wantaway Docker Griffin Logue worth $600,000​

Aaron KirbyThe West Australian

Thu, 29 September 2022 6:21PM

Former AFL forward Josh Jenkins says North Melbourne should offer wantaway Dockers swingman Griffin Logue more than half a million dollars to join the club.

The 149-gamer, who retired in 2021, lavished Logue with praise, even labelling him the “sneaky best athlete in the AFL” who could play on any forward in the competition.

“I’m a huge Griffin Logue guy,” he told AFL Trade Radio.

“He doesn’t look like an outstanding athlete, but he’s got ups, he’s stronger than you think, he’s a little quicker than you think, and he can play on almost anyone.

“I’ve seen him play on Lance Franklin; I’ve seen him do a good job on Jeremy Cameron.

“He’s strong enough to play on the bigger guys; he’s agile enough to play on the smaller guys.

“I’d spend a considerable amount of the million on him, around $600,000.”

Logue informed Fremantle of his desire to head east via a trade earlier this month after spending most of the year playing out of position as a forward after struggling to break into the Dockers’ best six defenders.

Jenkins said the 24-year-old would comfortably fit in North’s defensive unit.
“He is an immediate upgrade on Aiden Corr and Josh Walker,” he said

“There is no doubt Griffin Logue is an upgrade on both of those players.

“He’s got the ability to go forward, but I think, and I’ve heard, he’s really keen just to be settled down back.”

North Melbourne received a 2023 second-round pick and a 2023 third-rounder from the AFL that must be traded as part of a special assistance package, and it is believed they could be key to Logue finding his way to the Kangaroos.

Logue kicked eight goals across 20 games this season as the Dockers returned to finals for the first time since 2015 but looked out of place in the forward line.
Ship off. Freo wanted to sign him for 250-300k. 400-500 is reasonable. Have a spell jenko

Stating the obvious, but I’ve got an uneasy feeling all the Clarko stuff is gunna hurt us a lot with the trade period. He’s no longer our shiny new toy everyone wants to play with. Players will have to believe he’ll either be there or they are happy to still go to North if he’s not. Sucks.

Stating the obvious, but I’ve got an uneasy feeling all the Clarko stuff is gunna hurt us a lot with the trade period. He’s no longer our shiny new toy everyone wants to play with. Players will have to believe he’ll either be there or they are happy to still go to North if he’s not. Sucks.

Players talk. They’d know more about the details of the accusations then the media.

The Kangaroos will pursue exchanges for a pair of Fremantle players, while the top selection is on the table for the right price.

"We hope to be heavily involved," Rawlings told North Media.

Fremantle tall Griffin Logue is at the top of the Kangaroos' wishlist.

Snapped up with a top-10 selection in the 2016 AFL Draft, the West Australian has played 64 games over six seasons.

Logue was a fixture for Justin Longmuir's team as they returned to the finals for the first time since 2015.

A natural stopper, the 24-year-old spent most of the season helping out in the forward line.

"We see Griffin as a key defender," Rawlings confirmed.

"He's played there a little bit this year, but he's also had to play forward for Fremantle given their tall stocks down back.

"We feel like he can really add to our back six, and for a very long time.

"He's an absolute competitor, and he can play on some serious players around the competition, so we're really keen to secure his services."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back