Play Nice Héritier Lumumba blasts Collingwood's racist treatment of him during his career (Civil discussion please)

Remove this Banner Ad

False...if you follow the news outside the bubble there is plenty of whining by the latest woke agenda. It gets worse and worse

The lesbian community with JK Rowlings supporting them is under attack with hateful abuse by transgender movement
JK Rowlings has come under massive criticism and abuse and she is a feminist and lesbian advocate

Hate is also directed at medical professionals who want to be more cautious in giving drugs and quick surgeries to people who want to transgender

BTW there was a big article from Chicago about Blacks in one community upset and angry and opposing other blacks who wanted to do a BLM protest there.
The decent blacks were disgusted with the hypocrisy of BLM, the riots and looting etc.
The useless media in Australia rarely shows these news stories as it doesn't fit the agenda
This was some rant...

my fav part was “the decent blacks were disgusted with the hypocrisy of BLM”

and that somehow the media is some crazy left wing propoganda machine. If only we had someone like Andrew bolt with a huge platform...

I don't think there is any doubt that any of it "might be true".

There is a world of doubt that Lumumba's time at Collingwood was anything like he has characterised it.

Several players have mentioned the nickname chimp was used and stopped as soon as he raised it (which took 8 years most of which was under Malthouse)

This is neither here nor there, but who the * thought it was a good idea to call a black guy "Chimp" in the first place, even in a pre-PC world?

Héritier Lumumba has called out the AFL, and Collingwood Football Club (In particular Eddie Maguire and Nathan Buckley) after he was condemned by the club for speaking out against Maguire's racist comments in 2013. He also speaks of a racist nickname he had from 2005 to 2013 as well as using hallucinogens to cope with anxiety and the distress that had arrived from said comments. He has said that neither Collingwood or the AFL had the capacity or the desire to deal with the concerns that he brought up.

It's a horrible look for Collingwood and very very disappointing that something like this happened and that it was ignored by both the club and the league

I thought this was all finished, this man still carries wounds , some might say chips. But should he not get on with his life , it is August 2020 and we are still talking about Heritier's bad time and perceieved racism against him still.

I have no idea why he was called chimp at Collingwood, but one of the greatest players ever Bobby Skilton was known as that for years.

To deal with the concerns he brought up? I thought he had been apologised to, and he was moving on, yet this is still going on.Now.

This is how problems never get solved. Any kind of problems. and separation and distance continue!

Just what does he want now as this is very recent. Or is it someone else pushing a barrow, of discontent, and I tell you there will be no contented people until we all stop fighting about this in our sport.Its crazy , look at Israel Folau, massacred, and that was religious not racist, what are we all up to?

It doesn’t seem you understand the conversation. The user was whinging about freedom of speech, but describing freedom from consequence.

legally, you can say most things that you want, which is freedom of speech.

although there’s a certain humour about a poster whinging about a lack of freedom of speech...

What a load of s**t Harry O’brian has no leg to stand on the blokes and idiot trying to start shot that isn’t there he’s lost his s**t

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In Australia the BLM protesters refer to them as coconuts, it's actually pretty disgraceful
Yes that is disgraceful

“There’s 75 threads on blm”

What a load of sh*t Harry O’brian has no leg to stand on the blokes and idiot trying to start shot that isn’t there he’s lost his sh*t

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Again: I don’t think you understand the conversation.

Harry will most likely suffer worse consequence out of this. He’s not likely to get good contacts to reference from anyone in footy (although I think he ****ed off overseas)

No, I understand very well, freedom of consequences is a term used all too frequently as well. It seems people are finding new terms to be offended, we are now a nation of the morally outraged.
That has literally nothing to do with my post... I was simply correcting the poster. Freedom of speech is a clearly defined legal principle, to whinge that Australia is losing this freedom is idiotic.

people can be outraged if they want, that’s one of the lovely things about having free speech.

doesn’t mean people have to pay attention to it, agree with it, or support it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That has literally nothing to do with my post... I was simply correcting the poster. Freedom of speech is a clearly defined legal principle, to whinge that Australia is losing this freedom is idiotic.

people can be outraged if they want, that’s one of the lovely things about having free speech.

doesn’t mean people have to pay attention to it, agree with it, or support it.

In that case my apologies, I must admit I tend to skip read a lot of the stuff that goes on here

Stick to the topic please, which is Heritier and his issues with Collingwood.
This is an AFL board, there is a BLM thread on the Politics Board if you wish to discuss it there.

Last edited:
Heritier Lumumba gave Scott Pendlebury permission over nickname at centre of racism claims
Tom Morris & David Zita
foxsports.com.au
August 11, 2020

Disgruntled Collingwood premiership player Heritier Lumumba gave permission for Scott Pendlebury to call him ‘Chimp’.

Foxfooty.com.au can reveal Pendlebury was instructed by Lumumba that it was OK to refer to him using a nickname which he has since come out and admonished.

It is unclear whether Lumumba may have allowed Pendlebury - and potentially other teammates – to use the nickname in a bid to fit in and cope with what he now says was a culture festered with discrimination.

The club’s current investigation into the matter is expected to uncover the precise nature of why Lumumba volunteered for teammates to refer to him as ‘Chimp’ and how widely it was used as his nickname across an eight-year stretch.

Lumumba and Pendlebury were not available for comment.

(continued...)

Lumumba should be given the benefit of the doubt, in this situation, but he has a track record of being extremely self-righteous, and creating controversy for personal gain;if people want to take the 'boy who cried wolf' approach, until the investigation is complete, then I can't blame them.

These are horrid accusations, but equally horrid is the concept of falsely piggy-backing off race-related issues in order to further personal gains. I'm of the belief that Lumumba wouldn't do this, and that he should be supported through this investigative process. However, if it turns out he's lying, then surely his name is scrubbed from all relevancy from here on in.

*** Again, this is not a politics thread or a BLM matters thread, we do have a politics discussion board for that. This is a thread for discussing Heretier’s claims over his treatment at the Collingwood footy club.
I’ve cleaned up the last couple of pages and asked nicely to stay on topic and keep the conversation civil. Infractions and threadbans will now given to people who can’t do that.
Thanks ***

Heritier Lumumba gave Scott Pendlebury permission over nickname at centre of racism claims
Tom Morris & David Zita
foxsports.com.au
August 11, 2020

Disgruntled Collingwood premiership player Heritier Lumumba gave permission for Scott Pendlebury to call him ‘Chimp’.

Foxfooty.com.au can reveal Pendlebury was instructed by Lumumba that it was OK to refer to him using a nickname which he has since come out and admonished.

It is unclear whether Lumumba may have allowed Pendlebury - and potentially other teammates – to use the nickname in a bid to fit in and cope with what he now says was a culture festered with discrimination.

The club’s current investigation into the matter is expected to uncover the precise nature of why Lumumba volunteered for teammates to refer to him as ‘Chimp’ and how widely it was used as his nickname across an eight-year stretch.

Lumumba and Pendlebury were not available for comment.

(continued...)

The details of this article were never clarified by Pendlebury.

And Lumumbu didn't give this information either. The article is clickbait and there's no credible sources (or any sources at all) named.

Pendlebury's just saying he wasn't the source, without denying the claim.
He's saying that he'll let the review that's happening take place. Not denying the claims, nor accepting them as there is an investigation which is about to begin which is supposed to draw an impartial judgement. Lumumba however, who is not currently a part of the investigation has denied these claims.
1) This is exactly why I refuse to be part of Collingwood’s so-called integrity commission. They continue to spread misinformation about me behind the scenes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back