Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Windsor Reid and Wilson all look like weapons.

Harley with his strength
Widnsor with his burst
Wilson with his speed and endurance.
Obviously biased watching more of Wlson.
Whats stuck out to me is his overhead marking and goal kicking ability. His averagin 1 goal and 1 behind a game which is pretty impressive for a winger.

via here https://www.finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp

Player Totals

PlayerMTKAvgHAvgDAvgMAvgHOAvgTAvgFFFAGAvgBSCRatAvg
Caleb Windsor8627.8536.611514.4222.800212.65230.432146257.8
Darcy Wilson88310.4425.312515.6384.800141.8528175555769.6
George Wardlaw151258.31147.623915.9432.900765.1241750.3333104269.5
Harley Reid7486.97510.712317.6152.100233.3161050.713144864
Totals383188.42847.560215.81183.1001343.55031210.614140250966

Considering the position Wilson plays one could easily argue he's ahead of Reid statistically. To say it's a 'genuine joke' to compare them is ridiculous. As someone who likes both and with no preference to either I'd point out that the only 'genuine joke' here is your bias.

I'd obviously still be taking Reid ahead of any player in the draft (and Wardlaw) but based on performances this season thus far he's not miles ahead of anyone.
So we’re just going to leave off contested disposals, disposal efficiency, clearances and score involvements? Which he’s ahead in all.

Pretty good collection of handpicked statistics you’ve got there, how convenient it leaves off Harley’s strengths.

So we’re just going to leave off contested disposals, disposal efficiency, clearances and score involvements? Which he’s ahead in all.

Pretty good collection of handpicked statistics you’ve got there, how convenient it leaves off Harley’s strengths.
Lol, it’s all the site gave me, nothing is cherry picked. Relax buddy.

For the record they don’t play the same position so comparing contested disposals and clearances is kind of stupid.

Lol, it’s all the site gave me, nothing is cherry picked.

And why are you so upset?

for the record they don’t play the same position so comparing contested disposals and clearances is kind of stupid.
I just thought a discussion without those key statistics was pretty unauthentic whether it was purposeful or not.

Obviously they don’t play the same position but when a player is getting more disposals, better efficiency, less turnovers, more contested, more clearances, and more score involvements they are probably having the better year.

Loving Wilson’s year and he looked like a jet on Saturday, but Reid has him covered in just about every statistical measure as I said.

Also interesting that he left off ruck hitouts to advantage :mad:
No surprise a Daicos fan doesn’t see the value in contested ball. Look forward to Harley sitting him on his arse this weekend.

If anyone gives any credence to the magic numbers.

GM9cB-CbkAAFgXU

If anyone gives any credence to the magic numbers.

GM9cB-CbkAAFgXU
I like numbers, but Harley is knocking blokes over, BIG blokes

It's a great field but Harley is $1.3 and the next line is $10, he's way ahead of the pack

He's only about 3-4 games away from wrapping it up

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just thought a discussion without those key statistics was pretty unauthentic whether it was purposeful or not.

Obviously they don’t play the same position but when a player is getting more disposals, better efficiency, less turnovers, more contested, more clearances, and more score involvements they are probably having the better year.

Loving Wilson’s year and he looked like a jet on Saturday, but Reid has him covered in just about every statistical measure as I said.

No surprise a Daicos fan doesn’t see the value in contested ball. Look forward to Harley sitting him on his arse this weekend.

wtf, they posted a table of 10+ standard stats as they found them in response to your comment below. You moved the goal posts and gaslighted them as being the one who is unauthentic.

Wilson and Windsor calls are genuine jokes.

Reid still chopping them in 90% of stats.

wtf, they posted a table of 10+ standard stats as they found them in response to your comment below. You moved the goal posts and gaslighted them as being the one who is unauthentic.
How have I moved the goalposts, Reid is beating them in 90% of stats.

Reid has more disposals, better efficiency, tackles, CP’s, clearances, score involvements.

Wilson is ahead in marks and goals (0.3 difference).

The only stat Windsor is ahead in is marks and the majority aren’t particularly close.

Statistically he is rinsing them.

How have I moved the goalposts, Reid is beating them in 90% of stats.

Reid has more disposals, better efficiency, tackles, CP’s, clearances, score involvements.

Wilson is ahead in marks and goals (0.3 difference).

The only stat Windsor is ahead in is marks and the majority aren’t particularly close.

Statistically he is rinsing them.
You're doing it now. You didn't say beating, you were using subjective language to imply a big enough gap between them to be considered a joke, but the numbers reasonably support an argument against that without being unauthentic vs. the original version of what you said (that you have reworded multiple times since, e.g. right now).

You're doing it now. You didn't say beating, you were using subjective language to imply a big enough gap between them to be considered a joke, but the numbers reasonably support an argument against that without being unauthentic vs. the original version of what you said (that you have reworded multiple times since, e.g. right now).
Is Harley beating Windsor in 90% of stats yes or no?

Then it’s a joke to suggest he is leading the rising star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Harley beating Windsor in 90% of stats yes or no?

Then it’s a joke to suggest he is leading the rising star.
I don't even care to check, if you say so, I'll take your word for it. That's not what I criticized you for though, yet again you're shifting the goal posts, like I originally said. You're all over the place.

Lol, it’s all the site gave me, nothing is cherry picked. Relax buddy.

For the record they don’t play the same position so comparing contested disposals and clearances is kind of stupid.
It’d be like comparing Darcy Wilson’s kilometres ran, or speed to others.
They all have their own unique strengths and abilities and are all very enjoyable to watch. No idea why anyone gets so invested in trying to forlornly outline why one is so much better, when quite clearly at this point none are standouts.
They are just a great collection of talent to watch play.

So you cherry pick stats to suit your argument for Reid :drunk:.

Yeah ok...

I like numbers, but Harley is knocking blokes over, BIG blokes

It's a great field but Harley is $1.3 and the next line is $10, he's way ahead of the pack

He's only about 3-4 games away from wrapping it up

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think if Wardlaw plays 20 games it isn't certain Harley wins.
Wardlaw would be more likely to win if his team was better.
It doesn't really matter if Reid wins or not for his long term future. If he doesn't get injured and improves, that is great.
Next year will be a better indication of how good he is anyway.
He probably won't grow as much as other first year players, but will improve his tank more than other players do.

Darcy Wilson for me.
Just getting better and better. A very quiet kid so not demanding the footy at times when he can and even should.
Nobody can go with him and he can torch teams on the turnover.
He is evolving by the week, his confidence is growing as is his coach and teammates in him.
God he hasn’t even barely played on a wing yet and been utilised on the switch but it’s not far off.
Gun

Seeing Wilson get a kick out of the back pocket and then thirty seconds later see him take a mark inside 50 is something that no longer surprises me. He can run all day. He's not the match winner kind of player that Reid is shaping into though.

Seeing Wilson get a kick out of the back pocket and then thirty seconds later see him take a mark inside 50 is something that no longer surprises me. He can run all day. He's not the match winner kind of player that Reid is shaping into though.
Wilson leads the league to total distance at high speed in a game, actually he has the top 3 spots. And leads the league in total sprints in game.

Its why the comparison of stats is fairly fruitless, eg reid with the exclusion of round 1 attends about 75% of all centre bounces, where you pick up more tackles, cps, handpasses etc. Wilson has not attended a single bounce, uses his running on the outside and why he has more kicks and marks than the others.

Awards obviously have a position bias so no one would be surprised, just happy we pulled a good that deep into the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back