Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

i think Kinkley is an old school coach who wouldn't really keep up or care for the tactical side of hte modern game, his pre games speeches would simply be "ok we must play tough, hard footy today, i want a 4 quarter effort, nothing less"

which isn't a bad thing as such, but since the modern game relies mostly on tactics now, it would hurt him.

Lost the players

Voss for Walsh was a massive downgrade as well. A lot of early draft picks going to waste in a poorly organised midfield

Lost the players

Voss for Walsh was a massive downgrade as well. A lot of early draft picks going to waste in a poorly organised midfield
Draft picks?? We had 2 because of the entry of Suns and Giants. We certainly haven't been a Melbourne or Carlton.

I think many of us underestimated how important Phil Walsh and Alan Richardson were for that club in 2013-2014.

There were signs that Port were regressing in the second half of 2014 but this was disguised by an excellent finals run that year.

I tipped them to push top four this year but now I have my doubts. Will anything really change from last year? Time will tell.

They're just not switched on today, oddly. Whereas Adelaide are and loving it.

Port going half assed about it mentally.

But that has happened far too much to be written off as an anomaly. What about their loss to us last year? Flogged by the Dogs beaten by Brisbane by 6 goals. Part of their fault is in their head and it's not easily corrected.

It's also easy to look superior fitness-wise if you only run one way.

I think many of us underestimated how important Phil Walsh and Alan Richardson were for that club in 2013-2014.

There were signs that Port were regressing in the second half of 2014 but this was disguised by an excellent finals run that year.

I tipped them to push top four this year but now I have my doubts. Will anything really change from last year? Time will tell.

There is the assumption that Dixon was going to take them to the next level. How wrong they were, he was a total spud today!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was found out last year but teams always get the "one bad year" benefit of the doubt.

They haven't looked any good since Walsh left.

They desperately need a tactician and I doubt Voss is the man.

Kochie said it himself re the appointment of Hinkley - it was culture over strategy.

can't argue with this. crazy vossy isn't a coaches a-hole.

ken is a good media performer and seems to be good at player management. but when it comes to tactics he appears to have no idea. the loss of richo and walsh has been massive

can't argue with this. crazy vossy isn't a coaches a-hole.

ken is a good media performer and seems to be good at player management. but when it comes to tactics he appears to have no idea. the loss of richo and walsh has been massive

Port love their media performers with Kockie and Kern at the helm

so after all this, we and the camry's have one win a piece, gee I better top myself

It didn't even look like they were playing the same game plan today or even trying at all. Unless the coaches have changed the game plan, because I don't remember them kicking it at all times to an over rated forward in 2014...

Was found out last year but teams always get the "one bad year" benefit of the doubt.

They haven't looked any good since Walsh left.

They desperately need a tactician and I doubt Voss is the man.

Kochie said it himself re the appointment of Hinkley - it was culture over strategy.

Well, I think its every coaches strategy to get a centre clearance, which we didn't even really get a roll on until the end of the game. It's a big reflection on the players than the coaches. I saw parts of 2014 last week, that were completely absent today.

The problem is Hinkley has tweaked our gameplan multiple times since 2014 and they just aren't working. He's searching for the perfect gameplan and getting nowhere near it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back