Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
No they don't. We will be totally blind sided and shocked if he leaves. Talks all year have him staying on a multi year deal. Players can change their mind. He is yet to speak to other clubs, his manager knows the offers but he has not engaged with other clubs.
Can't see him moving away from his family to an interstate team.
Statton24, since you seem to have your finger on the pulse with possible ins and outs for us. Have you heard anything on Brauhn and Thomas?

Statton24, since you seem to have your finger on the pulse with possible ins and outs for us. Have you heard anything on Brauhn and Thomas?
no, nothing on those two but we keep it in the vault on possible incoming players - it was only leaked about Amon so early in the year because his manger stopped communication with Carlton, Melbourne and St.Kilda

No they don't. We will be totally blind sided and shocked if he leaves. Talks all year have him staying on a multi year deal. Players can change their mind. He is yet to speak to other clubs, his manager knows the offers but he has not engaged with other clubs.
TD's post doesn't contradict this. North and Brisbane could think they have him off the back of strong offers and chats with his manager (who isn't going to shut down any talks until Jack re-signs).

Spot on. After the passing of his dad, would be shocked if he moved interstate. Is the only son and would imagine he would want to be there for his mum. Spoke of his love for the club aswell and how much they helped his family . Can’t see him moving.

TD's post doesn't contradict this. North and Brisbane could think they have him off the back of strong offers and chats with his manager (who isn't going to shut down any talks until Jack re-signs).
yes lots of games go on at this time of year with player managers - they get slimier every year

So what is the go with Tarryn Thomas? Is the guy a head case or are the issues with just not wanting to be at the NMFC? As talented as he is there's always been something about him that has seemed a little off. I do however like that he has a bit of hardness about him in that when he tackles the other guy knows he's been tackled. We've kind of missed that since our 3peat era. Anyways the kid signed a 2 year contract extension at the start of the season so just wanted to see if anyone knows what is going on. Is it Clarko just looking to hit the draft or is it a case of buyer beware and what would a deal look like to snag him.

Geez I hope you are right S24

I also would've also thought that the process now after receiving offers from other clubs is for Jack's manager to then take those to us and see what we're willing to do. If it's close or there about then he probably stays but like any veteran it will likely be the number of years that matters just as much as $$$

Indeed. Both Hawthorn and Carlton thought they had Coniglio based on discussions with him and his manager and there's been plenty of others like that too. That's the game. Means nothing without a signature.

Indeed. Both Hawthorn and Carlton thought they had Coniglio based on discussions with him and his manager and there's been plenty of others like that too. That's the game. Means nothing without a signature.
Yep. There were a lot of ppl at hawthorn that thought the rabbit was coming

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. The fact Gunston hasn’t signed yet is the interesting part. Was a number of players extended over course of season. Yes his dads passing might have put things on hold but appears at least he’s considering this options. Could be a move or could be just his manager getting more money out of the hawks.

How many other big names are out there who are uncontracted / not signed yet? Maybe degoey but reasons for this.

Love it

Would hate to see Brockman go and I think we can support him over here if he gives us a chance. But if we are to lose him I'd hope we would be asking for either Freos future 2nd which will be around the 30+ mark or WC Current 26.

Something like Brockman and pick 50 for Pick 26 or him straight for Freo future 2nd.

Any chance of us going this route or would we just let him go without a fight to help him out?

Just seems like a waste for us to invest the draft pick and then let go of young talent at this stage of our rebuild when we should be trying to get as many blokes as we can coming through together

I’d say this year he’s nearly back to his best. If he did come to us does that injury happen? Who knows

Even then, we weren't close to contending if we landed him.

It's possible we win a few more games, and continue to delay this rebuild and clean air we desperately needed to have.

Right now, Cogs would just add to Tom and Jaeger as a player we'd be asking to change roles and entertain offers for.

Definitely a good result for me. Especially considering the contract we would have offered (not GWS levels, but still).

I know he's maligned, but is it worth getting Paddy Dow almost free at this point and allowing him proper midfield minutes (unlike at Carlton) , given his pace adds a point of difference to most of our mids?

I know he's maligned, but is it worth getting Paddy Dow almost free at this point and allowing him proper midfield minutes (unlike at Carlton) , given his pace adds a point of difference to most of our mids?
He’d have to come very cheap because if he wasn’t contracted for 2023 he would probably be a delisted free agent.

Every time I’ve seen him play his disposal is horrendous. By foot and hand. I’d say no

He’s terrible mate, would you rather give midfield minutes to Dow or to Macdonald, ward and co?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back