Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree.

I would like to see Scrimmers play as a tall forward from next year.

The little sample we received of him there this year was really positive. Plus he is surplus to our needs in defence.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep and if we can somehow pull off the Bowes miracle then he can replace Scrimma as HBF.

LeoLaohoo_0-1639746008385.png

Gee, it's going to be a long summer if all we get is Karl Amon as a free agent, trade Mitchell but not get their first rounder in a deal and also miss out on Meek.

That has to be worst case scenario though I'd suggest.

Funny how for all the salary cap space we've got, players don't exactly appear to be lining up to offer their services. Would be nice to come out of trade week without feeling like we got bent over on a trade and/or screwed by free agency for once.
Yeah that's the worrying part for me. We clearly have the cap space capital and still don't seem to be too enticing to players.
Sure Amon is a gun but we really should be enticing to more players which is strange.

Not sure why some people think Bowes is now coming to us. Understand Brisbane flagged interest and he’s a Queensland boy but the media narrative has him almost confirmed at Geelong and if true the qld connection doesn’t seem that strong. Unless that’s changed I am not taking this as cause for optimism despite agreeing how desperately we need that pick.
Only becuase i feel the others will struggle to fit his contract into there cap.

Gunston and some of Mitchells wage will be gone.

How does it make sense for Breust to commit to us but also same posters spruik Gunston leaving to lions is a good move for him and even us!!??? İt's not like he is starving for premiership success! İt's a terrible outcome for Hawthorn...get nothing, zilch, Nada from out of this. He isn't 34 , he is what 29? 30? Jumped ship. That's the way I see it anyway.

31 in a few weeks and at his age those back issues will hang around. We need to move on as he won't be around for our next flag tilt. We should hopefully get a future pick as part of a trade and cross our fingers they slide next season

Hopefully a future 3rd or 4th from Brisbane for Gunners.
Leaves us bare with Lewis, Kosi and Serong + Lynch/Reeves and maybe Jeka.
Add in Fergus Greene, Jerome Lawrence and another draftee or player on the outer.

1. Morrison
2. Lewis
3. -
4. Impey
5. Worpel
6. Sicily
7. -
8. Frost
9. Jiath
10 O'Meara
11. Nash
12. Day
13. Moore
14. Scrimshaw
15. Hardwick
16. Bramble
17. -
18. Lynch
19. -
20. Wingard
21. -
22. Breust
23- Koschitzke
24. Grainger-Barras
25. Ward
26. -
27. Long
28. -
29. Serong
30. Butler
31. MacDonald
32. Maginnes
33. Brockman
34. O'Hara
35. Morris
36. Blanck
37. Reeves
38. Ramsden
39. Jeka
40. Mitchell
41. -
43. Saunders
44. Newcombe
45. -
9 spots to fill.
Amon, 4-5 draftees, 2 MSD
We will need to rookie list some mature players in the SSP.

Geez, we lose Gunston and people are actually suggesting we pick up Fergus Greene as a replacement

106CA47E-2002-4578-8752-257CA8633E1E.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully a future 3rd or 4th from Brisbane for Gunners.
Leaves us bare with Lewis, Kosi and Serong + Lynch/Reeves and maybe Jeka.
Add in Fergus Greene, Jerome Lawrence and another draftee or player on the outer.
Ramsden be like...

1664359317540.png

In all seriousness though - completely agree as it does leave us a bit thin up front with the uncertainty over Kosi/Serong to make it and whether Jeka goes forward or now stays back...

Wonder if Hawks have considered Francis Evans who was delisted by Geelong. Young medium sized forward, built like a truck, has shown glimpses in his few games. Obviously he couldn't break into this years top team.

I think we have a number of forwards who are trying to cement a permanent role up forward, and Evans may compete with them or start off as depth? Maybe we just don't need his type?

I'm not a big believer in 'he barracked for so-so as a kid, so would love to play there'. But those of you who are, Francis was a mad Hawks supporter as a kid.

Wonder if Hawks have considered Francis Evans who was delisted by Geelong. Young medium sized forward, built like a truck, has shown glimpses in his few games. Obviously he couldn't break into this years top team.

I think we have a number of forwards who are trying to cement a permanent role up forward, and Evans may compete with them or start off as depth? Maybe we just don't need his type?

I'm not a big believer in 'he barracked for so-so as a kid, so would love to play there'. But those of you who are, Francis was a mad Hawks supporter as a kid.
Been rumoured for a while now that he’ll end up at Port Adelaide

Not sure i entirely agree with those who simply brush off gunston as not a big deal. It is a big deal, we keep losing player with premiership experience, yes he wasn't going to be around for the next flag but he would still be around in the next couple of seasons offering the younger players advice, being an example etc. This is something you can't buy, its the same reason Brisbane went to get hodge/birch, Wc Mitchell and melbourne got Lewis. Its an extra kick in the gut when we lose them for next to nothing..sorry just disappointed to be losing another vet for nothing... case in point geelong- look at how they hold onto their players thats how you build a successful culture..

Francis old man lives in Adelaide so that would be a pretty nice fit for him getting to the Power.

Gunston loss along with Mitchell will hurt short term, every possibility we struggle to win 8 games in 2023.

Not sure i entirely agree with those who simply brush off gunston as not a big deal. It is a big deal, we keep losing player with premiership experience, yes he wasn't going to be around for the next flag but he would still be around in the next couple of seasons offering the younger players advice, being an example etc. This is something you can't buy, its the same reason Brisbane went to get hodge/birch, Wc Mitchell and melbourne got Lewis. Its an extra kick in the gut when we lose them for next to nothing..sorry just disappointed to be losing another vet for nothing... case in point geelong- look at how they hold onto their players thats how you build a successful culture..
We started this with the Mitchell and Lewis exits 6 years ago. Team mates remember this stuff.

Ramsden is a beanpole and has had one quality VFL game, but shown flashes.

I'm not advocating for Weiderman, but he'd be offering more than Ramsden next season.
Weidermans lack of competitiveness is a huge concern.
I would be backing our current players rather then bringing him in .

We started this with the Mitchell and Lewis exits 6 years ago. Team mates remember this stuff.
Yep and now look where we are now, apparently with a Sh!t load of $$ but can't attract nada... if we don't get Bowes then Hawks really need to rethink their strategy around the salary cap as its not translating into anything.. I rather go and spend 100% of the cap and be relevant off field then being irrelevant off and on field.

Francis old man lives in Adelaide so that would be a pretty nice fit for him getting to the Power.

Gunston loss along with Mitchell will hurt short term, every possibility we struggle to win 8 games in 2023.

It doesn’t matter whether we win 8 games or none next year.

I would rather win 0 but see quality youth develop, than win 8 with an ageing Gunston and Mitchell the standouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back