Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been to the bottle shop - taking kids to swimming now - will drown in my great northerns when I get home whilst crying reading the news

Whoever is responsible for marketing that beer is a genius. How someone got half the country drinking XXXX with a different label is beyond me.

No that's completely wrong, it was Clarko's direction. Wright wanted to rebuild, and there were big differences between the direction both wanted the club to take. This caused friction between the two. At the end of the day the coach gets the final say.

Take this to the bank mate.

Was it Clarko's fault we failed to recruit a best 22 inside mid from 2009-2016?

Was it Clarko's fault we failed to recruit a best 22 inside mid from 2009-2016?

Pretty sure Clarko has historically not rated clearances as a metric of success.

Something we are kind of paying for at the moment with Sam trying to orient an aggressive gameplan which needs to start from the middle.

Pretty sure Clarko has historically not rated clearances as a metric of success.

Something we are kind of paying for at the moment with Sam trying to orient an aggressive gameplan which needs to start from the middle.

Agreed, but we still drafted inside players, they were just trash, and we overlooked AA calibre inside mids for them

So, so far this afternoon there has been a former Pick 6 (Francis) traded for a 5 pick upgrade plus a future fourth rounder, a former pick 9 (Weideman) for a 17 pick upgrade (54 to 37) and a former pick 2 (Schache) for a future fourth rounder.

Draft picks aren't always what they seem are they?

Bell already trying to screw GC over the Sharp deal.

We need to move on from Freo now.
Yep, I'd be telling JOM "Sorry mate, we tried to deal with Freo but they simply aren't putting up the draft capital required to get you across there. It's here or GWS."

PS. In before we trade JOM for a future fourth because he really wants to go there and we like to help our players get to their destination.

Not that Freo would ever do it, or that Caleb would ever accept it, but if the deal was:

Hawks
Out: JOM, 6, Future 1st
In: Caleb Serong, Meek

Would we be happy with that?
I certainly would, but I have loved Serong since his draft year and think he'll be a superstar.
Just heard Paul Connors say that next years draft looks like the best in the last 10 years for what it’s worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His trade with us 'went to down to the wire' - surely he doesnt nominate freo without knowing a good deal can get done?

200.gif

So, so far this afternoon there has been a former Pick 6 (Francis) traded for a 5 pick upgrade plus a future fourth rounder, a former pick 9 (Weideman) for a 17 pick upgrade (54 to 37) and a former pick 2 (Schache) for a future fourth rounder.

Draft picks aren't always what they seem are they?
Schache pick 2
Francis pick 6
Hopper pick 7
Weiderman pick9

They join Callum Ah Chee who went at 8 already having been traded from that draft in 2015

I know I’ve touched on this already, but Melbourne have now added Majak Daw, Ben Brown, Adam Tomlinson and Josh Schache to their list in the last 3 years.

If you’re over 190cm, mediocre and being pushed out of your club you ring the Dees up.

Hey do you all remember last year when "something big" was going to happen with hawthorn's trading and everyone was refreshing their page right up to the deadline just in case something happened in the last 30 seconds?

I have it on good authority that the same thing could happen this year.

I know I’ve touched on this already, but Melbourne have now added Majak Daw, Ben Brown, Adam Tomlinson and Josh Schache to their list in the last 3 years.

If you’re over 190cm, mediocre and being pushed out of your club you ring the Dees up.
Geez - what a bunch of s**t trucks....

And we couldn’t get them to nibble at Kosi? Drag.

If you’ve over 190cm, mediocre and being pushed out of your club you ring the Dees up.
Daw has since retired.

(Yeah, I know.)

No that's completely wrong, it was Clarko's direction. Wright wanted to rebuild, and there were big differences between the direction both wanted the club to take. This caused friction between the two. At the end of the day the coach gets the final say.

Take this to the bank mate.

CaptainWorpedo there's nothing to disagree about. This is a fact.

They’ve also paid next to nothing for all of them and barring Tomlinson doing his acl 2 of the 4 would’ve been premiership players.
I don’t think recruiting specific depth players is a bad idea at all….particularly when challenging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back