Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Contract ends this year but Sydney have been working on an extension all season.
Thanks mate. Was watching the Syd vs Essn match yesterday and although they lost I thought Buddy had a great game. Many a times I was thinking how great it would be for our kids to have him around for 2 years. Gives his 100% everytime the ball is anywhere near him and still the warrior.

Hope we are in the game for Logue and Zurhaar !!!

Both of those players would cost high draft picks though. Our best bet is to target players under 23 that are struggling to get a game that might benefit with more opportunities that won’t cost too much. We should be looking at players at the Gold Coast like Flanders, Sharp, Fiorini etc.

Both of those players would cost high draft picks though. Our best bet is to target players under 23 that are struggling to get a game that might benefit with more opportunities that won’t cost too much. We should be looking at taking players at the Gold Coast like Flanders, Sharp, Fiorini etc.
Have to agree, but this is where we are in the cycle. I would love one of them if we can get more collateral. We need List upgrades
on most lines. Desperately. Reality says it will take 3-5 years.

Hopeful we have edged our nose in front with regard to one FA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Resounding distaste for a gross human- people have tried to bring him up but get shut down fairly quickly.

Would have still been interested after the NY incident as he was seemingly absolved completely. The Bali trip - even just going on it, showed nothing but poor judgement. Hard to see it being worth the gamble.

Might be the wrong thread to post this but what I think the team needs is spark. Seems to have the same so so feel about it from the past few years. Even with a new coach. There just seems to be that something is missing.

We are lacking at least two A-grade, highly skilled midfielders - so yes defeinitely something missing.

I would like the club to bring in young talent please, and not established 27 year olds. We need to build from the ground up.

Very much this - 27 year olds are what you being in to put the icing on the cake not starting the mixture with.

I love how this thread gets bumped after a loss like anything has changed from what we already knew.

We need class mids, we need more class in the forward line to partner with Lewis a d to get to his feet and we need some more class on the outside.

Win, lose or draw, this is what we’ve known since Round 1.

I fully expect Tom Mitchell to be elsewhere in 2023, because we simply won’t be going anywhere if he continues to be our number 1 ball winner.

I love how this thread gets bumped after a loss like anything has changed from what we already knew.

We need class mids, we need more class in the forward line to partner with Lewis a d to get to his feet and we need some more class on the outside.

I fully expect Tom Mitchell to be elsewhere in 2023, because we simply won’t be going anywhere if he continues to be our number 1 ball winner.
It's not like Tommy is even playing mainly as a midfielder, he finds the footy because he wants it more than anyone else.

We need to get a good pick out of him if we do get rid of him, otherwise no point.

He's still a very good player, only 13 CBAs today aswell.

Wingard can't get on the park week to week or be relied on, anything that involves a first round I'm on board.

Targeting we need to be outside the box players who are getting payed unders or players who can't feature in the midfield at the established teams example W.brodie last season.

I still can’t get my head around people thinking we’d contend or be higher up the ladder this year. We’ve had 3 drafts with solitary first round picks that we didn’t give away and people are expecting to just leapfrog up the ladder. As I said in the autopsy thread we are another 2 drafts minimum to get enough pieces to start to get back to the top end of the table - and that requires most picks to be hits and not misses. If you’re not going to be patient these next couple of years then you’re guaranteed to have a bad time.

I still can’t get my head around people thinking we’d contend or be higher up the ladder this year. We’ve had 3 drafts with solitary first round picks that we didn’t give away and people are expecting to just leapfrog up the ladder. As I said in the autopsy thread we are another 2 drafts minimum to get enough pieces to start to get back to the top end of the table - and that requires most picks to be hits and not misses. If you’re not going to be patient these next couple of years then you’re guaranteed to have a bad time.
I disagree somewhat with your last line, because I am impatient, but I’m still having a good time watching us this year.

If we can swindle 2 picks inside 15 and 3-4 picks inside 25 this year, we'll be flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back