Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Next year their midfield will be Rich 33, Neale 30, Zorko 34, Lyons 31 theyre not a young side and their window is about to be slammed shut.

Rich and Zorko don't play in the midfield.

Rich hasn't in forever, and Zorko spends more time at HBF or the HFF.

I really like Bailey, but he hasn't made that move into the midfield yet. They really need him and Rayner to make that transition to compliment Neale, Llyons, McCluggage and Berry.

Rich and Zorko don't play in the midfield.

Rich hasn't in forever, and Zorko spends more time at HBF or the HFF.

I really like Bailey, but he hasn't made that move into the midfield yet. They really need him and Rayner to make that transition to compliment Neale, Llyons, McCluggage and Berry.

But all that doesn't change the fact that their premiership window will slam shut if they don't recruit Jack Gunston.

There’s no incentive for Gunston and Breust to leave. If they wanted to win another Premiership or earn more money, then they would’ve left by now.

The last 5-6 years of speculation with nothing ever eventuating should be convincing enough. Breust has knocked back offers from nearly half the club’s in the league.

They’ll almost certainly see out their careers at Hawthorn. Gunston plays on for another year, Breust maybe two more years given his durability.

I wonder what it would take to trade picks with north Melbourne, not necessarily sure its the best idea as we should be looking to bring in a lot of players through the draft during this rebuild, however it would be great to get the best available midfielder this year

I wonder what it would take to trade picks with north Melbourne, not necessarily sure its the best idea as we should be looking to bring in a lot of players through the draft during this rebuild, however it would be great to get the best available midfielder this year
The only chance we have of moving up the draft board is if West Coast decide on Busslinger

My wish list would just about start and finish with Noah Anderson. Farking 17 games!

If this kid was playing in Melbourne he would be getting way more attention. He plays like a 200 gamer already, super composed, has a sidestep, is an elite ball user and is both inside and outside.

Are any of the best midfielders in this years draft similar?

Darcy Cameron looks a good first ruck and Grundy will soon take back the helm

When was that exactly?

Not sure the exact year, but I recall he had a bulging disc which was a similar injury to the one I have had previously. The diagnosis at the time was that it was degenerative and needed to be constantly managed. There were sizable doubts at the time on how long his career would last. Similar to Silk I guess. Anyway, I haven't given up on Gunston.

Tom Mitchell, a future 4th and Luke Breust for Oliver, Petracca, Viney, May and Jackson. But only if the dees agree to pick up all of the salaries.

Also a future 2nd and JOM for Walsh, McKay, C.Curnow and Weitering.

wishing braxton family values GIF by WE tv
Wishing is probably the most realistic way of making that trade happen 😂

When was that exactly?

Since 2015 the lowest amount of games Hawkins has played in a season is 21. His lowest tally since establishing himself in 2011 is 19.

Games he's missed from 2012, which includes the entirety of the time he had back issues:

0 in 2021
0 in 2020
1 in 2019
2 in 2018
3 in 2017
1 in 2016
2 in 2015
0 in 2014
3 in 2013
1 in 2012

I wonder how many of those 13 games over 10 seasons were due to suspension too?

Gunston missed more games last year alone (21), and has missed double from 2020 onwards (26).

Unfortunately that's not the same.
2013 but be warned it was doc Larkins saying it…

Kosi > Melbourne for first rounder > on trade plus future 3rd for Elijah Hollands

T. Mitchell > whoever will give a top 25 pick > on trade for Flanders

Future first > Tanner Bruhn

Amon - FA

Take Sheezel/Tsatas/Clarke with current first pick

Traded out a KPF who is worth something but we might have a good stocks to cover for, a midfielder who has been brilliant but does not work with our new makeup and a potential future top 10 pick.

Brought in 3 mids (2 of which are dangerous forward) who were highly touted and aren’t 21 years old yet. While still being able to draft best available.

Amon as free agent isn’t likely imo but worth a punt.

Midfield group starts to look like Newcombe, O’Meara, Nash, Worpel, Ward, MacDonald, Bruhn, Flanders (mid forward), Hollands (mid forward), Sheezel (forward mid)

Probably unrealistic but yolo etc

2022 fourth round for Joel Amartey from Sydney as third tall and second ruck?
Would be keen on Deven Robertson but think the price would be too high given he likely replaces Zorko
Is fiorini for a third/fourth round pick worth a look especially if trading Mitchell out?
Kosi straight swap for Toby Bedford?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if a player like Xavier O’Halloran is gettable? He’s out of contract at the end of the year.
He is, does anyone want him.

Is it lazy to expect that? Not on your behalf, because I see it everywhere.

Do we think Geelong are more interested than everybody else or is it simply the Falcons link?
It’s two-way interest I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back