Autopsy Hawks defeat the Holy Floppity - Rd 21, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

You must seriously have some s**t luck with seating. Always next to f#%^wits

Seems the standing bay there is always assigned to away team fans - which is usually okay for a bit of banter. Past two weeks though it’s been the lowest common denominator of flogs.

Alright I’ve looked at the Smith-Ablett incident multiple times now. The dive I saw at the ground just couldn’t have happened. This is Gary Ablett Jr. the legend, the future hall of famer, the upstanding Christian soldier. Gary wouldn’t dive, would he? He couldn’t!

I have slowed the footage right down and this absolutely astounded me and explained clearly that good old Gary would never dive for free kicks. It seems our wonderful vice captain as well as kicking clutch 50+ metre goals in grand finals can also hit people with hadouken fireballs like from Street Fighter! Is there anything Issie can’t do?

1B67E92C-E237-4EF0-A23D-2D4C963FB252.jpeg
0F4D68B4-731B-4C51-B6A2-C92D0D51BCC8.jpeg
3CC09EC9-FCA4-4EE1-9F0E-968FA8CA210B.png

Alright I’ve looked at the Smith-Ablett incident multiple times now. The dive I saw at the ground just couldn’t have happened. This is Gary Ablett Jr. the legend, the future hall of famer, the upstanding Christian soldier. Gary wouldn’t dive, would he? He couldn’t!

I have slowed the footage right down and this absolutely astounded me and explained clearly that good old Gary would never dive for free kicks. It seems our wonderful vice captain as well as kicking clutch 50+ metre goals in grand finals can also hit people with hadouken fireballs like from Street Fighter! Is there anything Issie can’t do?

View attachment 541819
View attachment 541820
View attachment 541822
Was he tipped by his teammate. Yes the umpires call was wrong. But it was not Ablett’s fault.

Guarantee each and every cats supporter is bleeding this morning !!

Don't know about anyone else but find thier fans the hardest to put up with, very smart arsey and petty, can put up with Pies , Tigers and even Scum ferrals but the Geelong handbagerrs are the pits, starts with their coach and goes through the joint, never gracious or humble in defeat or victory...

Gee it's good to be a Hawk !!

So much media about the missed 50 against Mitchell but some things they choose not to point out:

A. He could have missed the shot on goal anyway
B. Even if he kicked it, they were still a goal down with probably 30 seconds to play.
C. The most important one - what the hell was the initial free kick for anyway? Watched it a bunch of times and I still can’t spot an infringement.

What a lovely Sunday morning it is !

Just watched the game again .
Our pressure and tackling was absolute first rate
If we keep that up it doesn’t matter who we play we will make it hard game for them

Thought Shoey and Ceglar’s physicality was brilliant , not huge stats for either but both played huge parts in that win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 541819
View attachment 541820
View attachment 541822
Ah Street Fighter 2 , the memories :)

Guarantee each and every cats supporter is bleeding this morning !!

Don't know about anyone else but find thier fans the hardest to put up with, very smart arsey and petty, can put up with Pies , Tigers and even Scum ferrals but the Geelong handbagerrs are the pits, starts with their coach and goes through the joint, never gracious or humble in defeat or victory...

Gee it's good to be a Hawk !!

Bloody hell this is the truth.. didn't realise that my mate actually organised tickets for 6 of us (5 being Cats members) in the Geelong members seating area in gate 1. I was filthy and almost tempted to just go down the other end with my membership, none the less I stayed, his grandma is 90 and sharp as a razor blade so sat with them but gee it was tough work.

I get a little verbal in both directions during games, I'll spray Hawthorn players but I also spray the oppo and this dumb feral women behind me started clapping at the back of my head after each goal the cats the cats kicked during their run, but the Gaz goal she lent forward and done it and gave it a big go with some cheeky comments. Couldn't help myself, turned around and told her if she keeps it I'll be ripping her hands off and shoving them up her arse. You know those split seconds when you're absolutely ropeable and see red? Her hubby who would have been a mid 40s bloke didn't give a yelp, but I must say I did regret it on reflection but the fool just didn't know when to stop.

Anyway on Gaz, his staging was horrendous but was it just me who actually enjoyed watching the little master live? We should, as supporters be privileged to actually see the legend live and put on the performance he did. He was another level yesterday, a true true superstar and all time great.

Breust took a a high mark, played on and was tackled ... and we lost possession of the ball. I don’t care that he lost the ball. Breust is awesome.
Nearly cost us the match. They kicked a goal as a result of the free kick to put implied pressure on us. In hindsight we were in no hurry to score as we had a comfortable margin at that stage.

I'm very happy that we could win without Tom starring. However he was vital in the final frenzy when there were frequent stoppages. Tom was at the coalface of every one; either first to the ball and being tackled, or tackling to stop the ball from spilling out. If you were told that Danger would have 8 more possessions than Tom, mostly contested, and that Gaz would also have 4 less than Tom, but also 3 goals, would you have expected the outcome. Oh well Gaz and Danger can fight over the Brownlow votes.

Awsome midfield game by the Worpedo. Grunt and polish! I know many have reservations about Brand, but he is improving with every game. I think he is makes us a better team. As does Miles with his composed disposals out of the backline.

Monster block by Smith to sent Gaz flying to the ground, but it cost us a goal. He needs to realize his strength and go easy. Don't want him reported for rough contact. Lol!

Bravo to all for a champion team effort! We are building, with some handy ins come finals time.

So, on further inspection, schoenmakers is the one putting the tackle on Duncan which led to our last goal but the interesting part is, schoenmakers was also the one to give hand pass to smith to Morrison to jaeger to GOOAALLL!!! All endurance running players converged there to help out the machine that is poppy!!
Best 0 goal game poppy has played imo!!

Nah, Poppy is cooked (so I've heard).

Bradkli - Bad luck again hey?
His post in the mb thread pre game read like a hawk supporter ie we are so injured cats would be a joke to not win, got a few cats attacking him for making excuses.

He just needs to go back and bump the posts.

Nah, Poppy is cooked (so I've heard).
To be fair, I don’t think poppy has been at his brilliant best this year. He started well and ending the season well but, the mid season grind got to him as well .but yeah, he was awesome yesterday.

I would suggest their garden is full of weeds.
Time to get the weed sprayer out and start again.
Weeeds to them maybe, beautiful salty offended flowers to us.

Was he tipped by his teammate. Yes the umpires call was wrong. But it was not Ablett’s fault.
And yet there is his head going back when he is touched on the stomach. Throwing the head back and falling had NOTHING to do with his team mate.

Side note - while I totally appreciate that Bill Cosby might not be in vogue, and for good reason - is there any way we can add the words ‘Bippity boppity’ to the start of the thread title.

Lovely fella. Not a bad golfer.
Same goes for Chris Scott. Extremely nice guy, very quiet & humble. Excellent golfer.
When the Scott boys shared a house that backed onto the Robina golf course I took joy in dropping a couple of used golf balls on their roof to see if I could get a rise out of them.
Fun times, younger no less stupid.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back