Autopsy Hawks defeat the Holy Floppity - Rd 21, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

He did go early on that didn’t he ? He has back tracked a bit now and so he should

Plus he has called GAJ out for diving so he isn’t all bad

Kane Cornes:

Unremarkable tagger

*then a miracle happens*

Journalist and panelist who’s opinion is supposed to be important?

When did the miracle happen?

It’s probably worth noting that when Clarko and a couple of guys left port, so did their future. So he in the hfd group

Last edited:
When do we make Worpel captain? I'm thinking 2022 (after 2-3 years of the long striding Isaac Smith).

When Jaeger kicked that goal I was filled with joy, what a moment for the young man. Probably the most important goal of his career to date. Any reservations I had about Jaeger are thrown out the window, I believe :) Get on board you campaigners! The Jaeger bomb has arrived.

Nearly cost us the match. They kicked a goal as a result of the free kick to put implied pressure on us. In hindsight we were in no hurry to score as we had a comfortable margin at that stage.

I'm very happy that we could win without Tom starring. However he was vital in the final frenzy when there were frequent stoppages. Tom was at the coalface of every one; either first to the ball and being tackled, or tackling to stop the ball from spilling out. If you were told that Danger would have 8 more possessions than Tom, mostly contested, and that Gaz would also have 4 less than Tom, but also 3 goals, would you have expected the outcome. Oh well Gaz and Danger can fight over the Brownlow votes.

Awsome midfield game by the Worpedo. Grunt and polish! I know many have reservations about Brand, but he is improving with every game. I think he is makes us a better team. As does Miles with his composed disposals out of the backline.

Monster block by Smith to sent Gaz flying to the ground, but it cost us a goal. He needs to realize his strength and go easy. Don't want him reported for rough contact. Lol!

Bravo to all for a champion team effort! We are building, with some handy ins come finals time.

If we can beat the Saints next week as we should, we'll have a shot at winning a top 4 berth against the Swans in the last round. Would not have predicted that even a few weeks ago!

This season feels a little like 2007. I remember talking to Crawf after the loss against the $tains in the last round and him lamenting missing the opportunity of finishing top 4

Yes Breust’s run on after his an awesome mark was A Bad choice... But I ****en loved it.
Breust is becoming a beast... both on ground and in the air... .. and sometimes a beast is too hungry.
I love the hungry and will live with the Hangry.
It was touched off the boot, so wasn't his choice.

Edit: Ah! already addressed.

Yeah the umpire called "play on touched!" Which if you're at the game wouldn't have heard.

So much media about the missed 50 against Mitchell but some things they choose not to point out:

A. He could have missed the shot on goal anyway
B. Even if he kicked it, they were still a goal down with probably 30 seconds to play.
C. The most important one - what the hell was the initial free kick for anyway? Watched it a bunch of times and I still can’t spot an infringement.
I watched this again tonight and the umpire got it 100% correct. When Mitchell looked at him he was signalling the holding call and not the direction of the free kick. Umpire correctly called he did not know which way the free was going. But the facts don't suit the narrative so this will be discussed all week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably our best win for year in my book...played our best footy with some serious quality sitting out...tackle pressure and ball use a highlight!
The Worpedo has officially arrived and should get a riser nom for that effort on top of the last few weeks!

Alright I’ve looked at the Smith-Ablett incident multiple times now. The dive I saw at the ground just couldn’t have happened. This is Gary Ablett Jr. the legend, the future hall of famer, the upstanding Christian soldier. Gary wouldn’t dive, would he? He couldn’t!

I have slowed the footage right down and this absolutely astounded me and explained clearly that good old Gary would never dive for free kicks. It seems our wonderful vice captain as well as kicking clutch 50+ metre goals in grand finals can also hit people with hadouken fireballs like from Street Fighter! Is there anything Issie can’t do?

View attachment 541819
View attachment 541820
View attachment 541822
Should have been a free to Izzy - high contact from Ablett in the first frame there.

I watched this again tonight and the umpire got it 100% correct. When Mitchell looked at him he was signalling the holding call and not the direction of the free kick. Umpire correctly called he did not know which way the free was going. But the facts don't suit the narrative so this will be discussed all week.

It was a bad call to kick it by Mitchell regardless of whether he knew or not. If it was a Cats free he risked giving away 50 and if it was ours we would have been better off going back and wasting some time.

Our pressure around the contest is what won us the game, absolutely stoked we have beaten our two biggest rivals in the past fortnight.
And then we have Shitney in final game. If we can be win that then that’ll be 3 wins against my top 3 most hated sides, closely followed by Norf.

I’ll admit that I had my serious doubts a month ago, but things are certainly looking better and that’s mainly because the kids replacing BB, Sicily and others (out of form players) are playing their role. Exciting times.

OMG how meta is this post:

Just a suggestion. . .how about we discuss the game reasonably + calmly?

I just cannot handle the Poos+Wees fans, on their board, saying that we're melting, or that we're salty, or making other pejorative comments.

Anyone?

Melting over people melting because he's afraid we'll post about them melting over the result. Seems salty that they are salty.

Hey scats....
274818ec05d199f92421071616b51edc.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back