Preview Hawks Vs Cats Game Day Thread & the Bartos Report CLOSED GO TO THE REVIEW THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hawks Vs Cats Game Day Thread & the Bartos Report

Getting very excited about today now. Essendon have proved to be complete spuds so maybe Geelong were a little flattered last week. Melbourne were complete spuds notwithstanding their improved performance against the pies.

Hawks need to come out and do what they did in the 2nd game last year - except this time do it for a quarter longer.

Rhan Hoopers 50th game today, I hope he has a beauty.

Good write up Nev,

Almost made me want to move to the Gold Coast.

By the way, the cats will be up 5 goals by mid way through the second quarter. The 3rd quarter will be a tight contest, and then you are going to be bent over in the last quarter. So make sure you take along some vas :thumbsu:
Cats by 63

Good write up Nev,

By the way, the cats will be up 5 goals by mid way through the second quarter. The 3rd quarter will be a tight contest, and then you are going to be bent over in the last quarter. So make sure you take along some vas :thumbsu:
Cats by 63

Well if you did win by 10 goals, it'd be a great start to Gary jnrs send off year now wouldn't it? :)

tough contest today... Particularly looking forward to seeing Peterson beat Blake in the ruck! Should be interesting to see guys like him tackle the cats, think he could cause a few problems...

Good write up Nev,

Cats by 63

...just like the granny in '08' and even '89' :thumbsu:

Well if you did win by 10 goals, it'd be a great start to Gary jnrs send off year now wouldn't it? :)

tough contest today... Particularly looking forward to seeing Peterson beat Blake in the ruck! Should be interesting to see guys like him tackle the cats, think he could cause a few problems...

In regards to GAJ and the budgie smugglers lucre issue the club can't win either way, non-Geelong people would always manage to spin it in a negative slant.

If we perform well this year and take out the Premiership they'll say he's done all he can at the club and it's now time to move on to another chapter and exciting challenge in his football career.

And if Geelong performs poorly than the pussy Handbaggers are on the decline and GAJ should immediately evacuate a sinking ship. :rolleyes: lol

GO THE HANDBAGGERS! :D

And if Geelong performs poorly than the pussy Handbaggers are on the decline and GAJ should immediately evacuate a sinking ship.

There's no doubt that GAJ is the King of Geelong with an almost god-like presence (he is the son of god after all). The good news is I hear he will stay.

(He couldn't resist the chance of immortality and the funeral plan that Frank Costa put together.)

home_01.jpg

Hey guys, im sorry to intrude and good luck today but I was just wondering when Shaun Burgoyne would be back? It must be frustrating not being able to see him run out in a Hawks jumper for the first time yet. Anyway good luck and all the best today. And yeaH when will the Burger be back?

Cheers LS!

There's no doubt that GAJ is the King of Geelong with an almost god-like presence (he is the son of god after all). The good news is I hear he will stay.

(He couldn't resist the chance of immortality and the funeral plan that Frank Costa put together.)

home_01.jpg
Hahaha!! Great one Grizz. It's no secret that Mr Costa owns and runs Geelong (the city). It's amusing as a Hawks supporter born and bred in Gtown, sitting back and watching these ninnies carry on like their firstborns are going to be sacrified if GAbJnr leaves.

Hey guys, im sorry to intrude and good luck today but I was just wondering when Shaun Burgoyne would be back? It must be frustrating not being able to see him run out in a Hawks jumper for the first time yet. Anyway good luck and all the best today. And yeaH when will the Burger be back?

Cheers LS!

SB should be playing by the end of the month (with a bit of luck).

Great work Nev. Particularly loved the reference to Josh Gibson pussy pounding practise.

Our ruck/midfield will have to fire on all cylinders for us to win today. The perfomances of Renouf, Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis and Bateman vs Ottens, Ablett, Bartel, Selwood and Corey will determine the outcome. We clearly have better forward line and our backline appears to be back to 2008 form. Our achilles heel is the ruck - an injury to Renouf and we could get smashed in the clearances. The other really interesting thing to watch will be our ability to play out the game. Can't remember the last time we put in a true 4 quarter effort and the Cats know how to win when the chips are down.

Should be a fabulous game. Hawks by 10 points. If Renouf goes down, Cats by 32 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MCG websiten predicts 67,000, was outside before and it is a glorious day- edar's prediction is 75,000.

Thanks Edar... i was just thinking before about how great this clash would be if it was our Anzac day clash... not to take away from today, but i think we'd draw a pretty ripper crowd.

Thanks Edar... i was just thinking before about how great this clash would be if it was our Anzac day clash... not to take away from today, but i think we'd draw a pretty ripper crowd.

You might get your wish next year Roddy. Only because of a quirk in the lunar calendar. Eddie might try and scuttle it though.

Not to intrude, but thought I would wish you boys luck. I do enjoy watching you play, and with some big ins I think you should make a game of this. Great write up also!
Anyway, good luck!

What a day for footy. Bloody superb. Sitting high in the nosebleed Q section after avoiding a freakin' corporate thing. Cats just came out on the ground. Going to be a ripper.

Hodge has to go forward if Ling is tagging him. As far as I know ling isn't a good defender, and hodge should be able to outmark him in the square.

What a day for footy. Bloody superb. Sitting high in the nosebleed Q section after avoiding a freakin' corporate thing. Cats just came out on the ground. Going to be a ripper.
That is it Grizz Hawks under 40 points is the late mail guys should be a great game bring it on Any late changers??

Huhhh? Came up on scoreboard... Can't see him, but I only caught a bit of warm up 'cause I was on a chip mission for junior grizzly

C'mon Hawks i'm backing you guys to beat Geelong, since our mob have them next week, so the Hawks can tire them out, hopefully considering we have a bigger break than them.

Good luck Hawthorn and you fans get behind them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back