Preview Hawks vs - Port Changes and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN: Peterson, Ladson (Maybe they should give Kayler-Thomson or Savage or Suckling a run instead of Peterson)
OUT: Whitecross, Brown

FB: Guerra Gilham Gibson
HB: Murphy Stratton Birchall
C: Bateman Mitchell Young
HF: Lewis Franklin Burgoyne
FF: Rioli Roughead Osborne
FOLL: Renouf Hodge Sewell
INTER: Ellis Skipper Ladson Peterson
Emerg: Savage Lisle Whitecross

Box Hill:
FB: Bruest Schoenmakers Savage
HB: Kayler-Thomson
C: Tuck Moss
HF: Hooper Dowler Morton
FF: Lisle Lowden
FOLL: Taylor Stokes Muston
INTER:

Looking forward to seeing S Burgers this weekend. Have no hatred of the man, and love him as a player. I would be suprised if anything 'out of the ordinary' were planned for him, other than the need to play hard and tight on him as he is a very dangerous player if left unattended.
As unpopular as it may be with a lot of my fellow Port supporters, I actually still enjoy watching him play, and (keep it under your hat), hope he plays well for you (barring this weekend)!!
All the best in the finals!

Been terrific for our team and getting better and better. His usage of the ball is an awesome sight to see. Its like having 2 hodgeys in the team! Except one is eligent while the other is brute power!!! Freaking loving the silk in our team...

Hey at least we support the same soccer team ;)

I've just had a look at recent games and Port are definitely our bogey side.

I'm not as confident as I was straight after the Saints game.

They'll be fired up after breaking their losing streak and we're coming off a few big games.

We are in for another tough game I reckon. We don't have a good record in Adelaide.

It would be great to have a big win over there. When we were down, they gave us a few hidings.

As for changes, either Hooper or Ladson come in for Brown.

We need to keep getting games into Whitecross IMO. He's definitely up to it.

They'll be fired up after breaking their losing streak and we're coming off a few big games.

We are in for another tough game I reckon. We don't have a good record in Adelaide.

It would be great to have a big win over there. When we were down, they gave us a few hidings.

Shepp23 spot on.

DANGER GAME

Until this year Port have had the wood on us and even this year they came back from 40 points behind. We won, Just.

Bring Laddo in for brown's spot and tell him he is playing for a final spot. He deserves it.

CHANGE the f'en game plan so Rough stays in the fwd 50. I dont want to see Rough on the wing. He could be the best contested mark in the comp. Let Rough be that player.

Let Budddy go wherever he wants.

Cyril is a gun but needs to ave 20 possies a game. 8 possies last week is not enough.

Go hawks

Guys Port were our bogy side when they had a Coach and Tredrea and Lade and Both Cornes and both Burgoynes, well they have neither of them now and we are travelling ten times better than them ATM.
We will be more fired up than them we drew a game we should of won they won a game they should of lost.
We are playing for a spot in the 8 they are playing for nothing, I don't buy this whole thing that Port will be fired up after their win we wil win big time

Guys Port were our bogy side when they had a Coach and Tredrea and Lade and Both Cornes and both Burgoynes, well they have neither of them now and we are travelling ten times better than them ATM.
We will be more fired up than them we drew a game we should of won they won a game they should of lost.
We are playing for a spot in the 8 they are playing for nothing, I don't buy this whole thing that Port will be fired up after their win we wil win big time

I agree on this point - if anything, they may relax a bit having finally had a win after such a long losing streak. Hawks by 26.

I will say the same thing that i said to my father when he started sprouting about Brisbane's credentials before the game.

"You under estimate the power and passion of this hawthorn side. Oh ye of little faith"

We should have won last week and we will be burning because we didn't and will come out smelling blood this weekend.

Go you hawkers

Minimal changes this week I reckon. Maybe Peterson or Ladson in for Brown. Hooper might need a couple of games in the 2s to prove fitness.

I'm hoping we put Port away early and then cruise. That will prove we are there. Not even the mighty Hawks can keep doing it the hard way each week and still be fresh for finals!

OUTS
Brownie- the two weeks might be good for him, get him hungry for finals, also i dont think he was 100% over the knee when he came back so maybe the two trips wouldnt have been good for that.

INS
ladson/Peterson/

i dont really think either one is in our best 22 but this gives them an opertunity to fight for their spots.

possibly taylor

I'm all for keeping a settled lineup, giving players a rest at this stage could be suicidal.

If we are firmly entrenched in 5th or 6th posi by round 22 then send out the development squad to take on Collingwood, the wobbles wouldn't know what hit them if they play a full strength Hawthorn team in the finals. We definitely need to keep the intensity up until we are guaranteed a spot though.

The obvious out is Brown, and possibly Whitecross.
I would bring in Ladson for Brown, and Peterson for WhiteX.

Hooper and Savage are not too far off, Shiels could also play. Muston is a little unlucky, he was filling the role taken by Lewis a few weeks ago and (i thought) doing enough to justify his posi, I cannot see where we can fit him at the moment.

Having these options is all very healthy for the club. Also, poor old Skip must be having nightmares seeing Taylor getting up to match fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back