Preview Hawks vs Swans - Changes and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tad harsh don't you think? He has had an interupted pre-season and it is unfair to lay this critisism on him. Granted, he hasn't had the best few weeks but how do you expect him to get better with no practice?

If you were a LOYAL supporter you wouldn't constantly belittle these young boys, instead you would give them the support they need to become better.

I agree with you Newbie.....:thumbsu:

In: Taylor, Hooper, Peterson

Out: Renouf/Skipper (let the resting of rucks begin), Rioli (suspended), Whitecross (omitted)

Guerra Gilham Murphy
Birchall Gibson Stratton

Renouf/Skipper Sewell Hodge
Bateman Mitchell Lewis

Osborne Franklin Burgoyne
Hooper Roughead Peterson

Int: Taylor, Ellis, Young, Ladson

IN: Peterson, Taylor, Lisle/Savage, Savage/Suckling
OUT: Rioli(Suspended), Skipper(Rest), Roughead(Omitted) , Whitecross(Omitted)

FB: Guerra Gilham Murphy
HB: Birchall Gibson Stratton
C: Young Mitchell Bateman
HF: Burgoyne Franklin Lewis
FF: Peterson Lisle Osborne
FOLL: Renouf Hodge Sewell
INTER: Ellis Ladson Taylor Savage/Suckling
EMERG: Savage/Suckling Skipper Roughead

I think you 'Slavy' should take a good look in the mirror and decide if you want to support your team or just make dumb-ass comments. :thumbsdown:

IN: Peterson, Taylor, Lisle/Savage, Savage/Suckling
OUT: Rioli(Suspended), Skipper(Rest), Roughead(Omitted) , Whitecross(Omitted)

FB: Guerra Gilham Murphy
FF: Peterson Lisle Osborne
INTER: Ellis Ladson Taylor Savage/Suckling
EMERG: Savage/Suckling Skipper Roughead

Or
IN: Peterson, Taylor, Lisle
OUT: Rioli, Skipper, Whitecross

FB:Guerra Gilham Murphy
FF: Peterson Roughead Osborne
INTER: Ellis Ladson Taylor Lisle
EMERG: Suckling Skipper Muston

I think we should include a 3rd tall in the forward 50. Buddy can hardly be considered a marking target anymore. He can play on the half forward flank and roam up the ground and leave someone like Lisle to play in the true centre half forward position.

Forward line is still not functioning well win or no win.

Lisle should have played in Tassie when Buddy missed.
He won;t debut till 2011.

Hooper for Rioli
Peterson for WhiteX (has not taken his chance)
Taylor (if ready) for Skipper (rest)

Rnd 20
Skipper for Renouf (rest)
Brown for Ladson/Ellis

Rnd 21
Renouf for Taylor/Skipper
Rioli for Peterson/Hooper.

Lisle should have played in Tassie when Buddy missed.
He won;t debut till 2011.

Hooper
for Rioli
Peterson for WhiteX (has not taken his chance)
Taylor (if ready) for Skipper (rest)

Rnd 20
Skipper for Renouf (rest)
Brown for Ladson/Ellis

Rnd 21
Renouf for Taylor/Skipper
Rioli for Peterson/Hooper.

Don't rush him in 2 early he's only played 1 game 1 more at box hill.
I heard Savage is inuried is this true? If so Lisle or Muston

From the magoos I would consider Tails, Hoops, Petersen and Shiels. The rest are not up to it at this stage.

Outs to be Sizzle, WhiteX and a spell for Suzie or Skip.

We dont need wholesale changes and we dont need to blood juniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HB: Peterson Gibson Stratton
C: Young Mitchell Birchall
HF: Burgoyne Franklin Bateman
FF: Hooper Roughead Osborne
INTER: Ellis Ladson Lewis Skipper
EMERG: Savage Taylor Muston

I wouldn't think that clarkson would like to drop more than one (and rioli suspended). I would love to have either skipper or renouf rested, but Taylor prob needs a little more time in the two's. I don't think you can drop roughy, it would be nice to see Lisle in the forward line and roughy roaming up around the wings grabbing big marks. His field kicking is good, so taking grabs and setting up goals would give him a lot of confidence.

However you can't go and drop 3 or 4 players.

I do like the idea of having Peterson go back, clearly would have been good having him there last week.....

HB: Peterson Gibson Stratton
C: Young Mitchell Birchall
HF: Burgoyne Franklin Bateman
FF: Hooper Roughead Osborne
INTER: Ellis Ladson Lewis Skipper
EMERG: Savage Taylor Muston

I wouldn't think that clarkson would like to drop more than one (and rioli suspended). I would love to have either skipper or renouf rested, but Taylor prob needs a little more time in the two's. I don't think you can drop roughy, it would be nice to see Lisle in the forward line and roughy roaming up around the wings grabbing big marks. His field kicking is good, so taking grabs and setting up goals would give him a lot of confidence.

However you can't go and drop 3 or 4 players.

I do like the idea of having Peterson go back, clearly would have been good having him there last week.....
sorry cant agree there, hes played 4 games now, should be up to speed and ready to play seniors this week. Skipper or renouf need a rest, the wear and tear is starting to happen, now is the best time for it. If you have options you must use them. Being stubborn with selections is not always the best policy.

In: Taylor, Hooper, Petersen

Out Renouf (Rest)/ Skipper, Whitecross, Rioli

For me, Lewis and Ellis should be told that they have one more week to perform, at which time Brown will return, and the week after it will be rioli. Lewis needs to get into the midfield and work harder. Ellis needs to win more of the ball, and kick long.

Taylor is the key to winning this game. Although his match fitness is not ideal, Mumford mauled us last time, and Taylor is the big body to compete. This is important due to the small ground, and whoever wins the clearances wins the game. My only concern is he has not played with the senior players and therefore will not know where to tap. However, this will come with time. Taylor will take us to the finals, not Skip.

Renouf may need a rest, with another week of travel, saturday may be the day.

Hooper and Peterson may rotate through the midfield. Both these players will be midfielders in the next 12-24 months. You saw Peterson in the centre against Brisbane, he was very excited by that opportunity as was clarko.

whitey and cyril out for peterson and Hoops/if not match fit then musto

renouf is our best ruckman this year, he will not be rested against mummy.

Roughy won't be dropped, either will ellis, lewis, murphy or gilham.

Laddo wasn't great last week but needs some more time in the ones, having just come back.

Very much doubt Tails / Hooper are ready for the big time yet.

Cyril out, Peterson in. With Lisle as a roughie (sic).

would love to see Hooper in this weekend, i like skipper a lot he has brought a lot to our team in the last 11 weeks but i think Taylor will give us good tap to the midfield.

I think it's a good time to play Taylor. Even if his fitness isn't yet 100% the small ground will make it easier for him to get to the contests.

Have fans that can no longer hate on Thomas Murphy moved on to Jordan Lewis? I mean, wow! The guy is equal best on ground against the Lions (according to the coaches votes), does a great negative job in the Saints game and then has a slightly down game against the Power and now he has to pull his finger out? As I say, like WOW!
He will have another negative roll this week I would imagine against either Kennelly or Mattner and will be really important!

I also not on the drop Roughy bandwagon! You don't drop guys that have kicked almost 40 goals for the season! I am on the give him the instruction that if he is on or inside 50m he is always to have a shot at goal bandwagon though! Make it a team/individual rule so that he doesn't have to worry about should I pass it off if I miss it so should I pass it off. Coaches should say we believe in you and want you taking the shots!

On my ins and outs.
Outs: Rioli + Whitecross (feel bad for him as thought he was unlucky when he lost his spot earlier in the year, but Lewis is playing the role he did then. Perhaps I am missing his work not being at these games) + Laddo (maybe, sorry Lado, I love him to death but his body seems to be failing him)
Ins: Hooper, Peterson + Muston (maybe, to do a forward tag job on either of the two that I mentioned earlier for Lewis that Lewis doesn't tag)

JMTC

We need to win 2 more games to be sure of a finals berth. Melbourne, Freo and the Pies are going to be massive tests. Sydney, while not being in the best of form have the advantage of the SCG and will be desperate to win this one as a home final could be hinging on the result. No time to experiment, Hooper if fit in for Rioli and Peterson in for Whitecross.

Out - Cyril & Whitey and In - Peterson & Muston.

I'm worried about this game for sure. For some reason I think Melb & Freo won't be a problem,hope I'm right on the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back