Preview Hawks vs Swans - Changes and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I hate sound negative all the time but) Unless he is injured or likely to be injured you play Renouf until we have the position in the 8 secure! The guy has played an amazing year and played one of his best games on the weekend.

Now if you were ever going to rest him for the sake of resting him, as said earlier it would be after we lock up finals, but I would be targeting the Dockers game (assuming Sandilands plays) as it would be a better match up for Taylor and it would protect Renouf from being smashed (both physically and mentally) by 211!

Have fans that can no longer hate on Thomas Murphy moved on to Jordan Lewis? I mean, wow! The guy is equal best on ground against the Lions (according to the coaches votes), does a great negative job in the Saints game and then has a slightly down game against the Power and now he has to pull his finger out? As I say, like WOW!
He will have another negative roll this week I would imagine against either Kennelly or Mattner and will be really important!

I also not on the drop Roughy bandwagon! You don't drop guys that have kicked almost 40 goals for the season! I am on the give him the instruction that if he is on or inside 50m he is always to have a shot at goal bandwagon though! Make it a team/individual rule so that he doesn't have to worry about should I pass it off if I miss it so should I pass it off. Coaches should say we believe in you and want you taking the shots!

On my ins and outs.
Outs: Rioli + Whitecross (feel bad for him as thought he was unlucky when he lost his spot earlier in the year, but Lewis is playing the role he did then. Perhaps I am missing his work not being at these games) + Laddo (maybe, sorry Lado, I love him to death but his body seems to be failing him)
Ins: Hooper, Peterson + Muston (maybe, to do a forward tag job on either of the two that I mentioned earlier for Lewis that Lewis doesn't tag)

JMTC

Lewis got destroyed against the Saints. Fisher could've gone to jail for the degree of violation he inflicted on Lewis.

Lewis got destroyed against the Saints. Fisher could've gone to jail for the degree of violation he inflicted on Lewis.

Maybe. As I say, wasn't there, but he played a negative role is the point and (from memory) Fisher wasn't devastating.If he is going to be asked to play a forward negative role, he is going to have some unproductive games.

Maybe. As I say, wasn't there, but he played a negative role is the point and (from memory) Fisher wasn't devastating.If he is going to be asked to play a forward negative role, he is going to have some unproductive games.

Actually Fisher provided plenty of rebound and thwarted a number of forward thrusts by us...well that's how I saw it anyway.

Lewis did play a negative role, but it could only be classified a fail of catastrophic proportions...slight exaggeration perhaps :).

Out - Cyril & Whitey and In - Peterson & Muston.

I'm worried about this game for sure. For some reason I think Melb & Freo won't be a problem,hope I'm right on the latter.

Agree 100%

This weeks game is more worrying than the next couple. Syd are great at the scg, they are able to bottle you up on the postage stamp. If we cant move the ball in the wide open spaces of AAMI, then god help us on the SCG!!!

Agree 100%

This weeks game is more worrying than the next couple. Syd are great at the scg, they are able to bottle you up on the postage stamp. If we cant move the ball in the wide open spaces of AAMI, then god help us on the SCG!!!

Sydney defeated Richmond by 55
Sydney defeated West Coast by 52
Sydney defeated Brisbane by 20
Sydney lost to Fremantle by 37
Sydney defeated Essendon by 9
Sydney defeated North Melbourne by 30

We can take this to mean they've won 5/6 at the SCG or that they've failed to beat any top eight teams at the SCG...

(I hate sound negative all the time but) Unless he is injured or likely to be injured you play Renouf until we have the position in the 8 secure! The guy has played an amazing year and played one of his best games on the weekend.

Now if you were ever going to rest him for the sake of resting him, as said earlier it would be after we lock up finals, but I would be targeting the Dockers game (assuming Sandilands plays) as it would be a better match up for Taylor and it would protect Renouf from being smashed (both physically and mentally) by 211!

Whilst I have great admiration for Renouf's season to date, he was towelled up by Bogan on Saturday Molly, at least in ruck contests. He was certainly serviceable around the ground, but Bogan gave Port's midfield, whom I rate a notch or two below our midfield, first use of the ball on far too many occassions.

It's time for Squizzy to stake his claim in tandem with Renouf. Skipper has been good, but realistically his best game was against Brisbane when we completely dominated. If Squizzy can direct taps to our players and give us first use, particularly at the SCG, it will go along way to a Hawks win.

I'm another that would love to see the 3 talls in our forward line, so for me;

Ins - Taylor/Hoops/Lisle
Outs - Rioli/Whitex/Skipper

From there we have Brown and Rioli to come back in. That's when it will get tough for selectors and the pressure will be on players like Laddo, Ellis, Ossie, Lisle, Lewis etc to perform, which is a good position to be in.

Ins - Taylor/Hoops/Lisle
Outs - Rioli/Whitex/Skipper

THIS^^^

I like the idea of Moose in for WX here, there wont be a lot of space for the "drop in" of buddy and rough this week, so an extra tall to take a contested mark would be crucial rather then another running half forward. Would imagine Ladson will fill in the Rioli midfield rotation, this is probably his chance to secure a spot in the 22, because would likely be the one dropped once Brown is back.

Have fans that can no longer hate on Thomas Murphy moved on to Jordan Lewis? I mean, wow! The guy is equal best on ground against the Lions (according to the coaches votes), does a great negative job in the Saints game and then has a slightly down game against the Power and now he has to pull his finger out? As I say, like WOW!
He will have another negative roll this week I would imagine against either Kennelly or Mattner and will be really important!

I also not on the drop Roughy bandwagon! You don't drop guys that have kicked almost 40 goals for the season! I am on the give him the instruction that if he is on or inside 50m he is always to have a shot at goal bandwagon though! Make it a team/individual rule so that he doesn't have to worry about should I pass it off if I miss it so should I pass it off. Coaches should say we believe in you and want you taking the shots!

On my ins and outs.
Outs: Rioli + Whitecross (feel bad for him as thought he was unlucky when he lost his spot earlier in the year, but Lewis is playing the role he did then. Perhaps I am missing his work not being at these games) + Laddo (maybe, sorry Lado, I love him to death but his body seems to be failing him)
Ins: Hooper, Peterson + Muston (maybe, to do a forward tag job on either of the two that I mentioned earlier for Lewis that Lewis doesn't tag)

JMTC

Thank god someone here has some basic knowledge of what we as a team are trying to achieve. Can't tell you the amount of times that everyone here complains about Lewis not being sighted all game. Ofcourse it wouldn't have anything to do with specifically being told to keep your man away from the ball or in basic terms "don't run towards the ball, act as a decoy". Ossie does this as well some weeks and everyone gets stuck in to him for not getting near the ball. :rolleyes:

Fact is, a lot of players are playing roles and on some occasions, the primary aim is to negate the opposition. Example : Lewis might get 30 possessions on the wing which gives us x advantage. But Lewis gets 10 possessions in forward 50 and keeps Fisher to 10 kicks (rather than 25) and stifles the run the Saints have out of defense. No brainer for me. I would rather he stop Fisher than get 30 possies. Not saying that this happened but it's the methodology behind it. Some of our players are still learning their "new" roles so cut em a bit of slack before having them dropped.

WE all know that lewie prefers playing in the mid then the forward line... but i think he is doing a good job! we just have to look for him more and stop focusing on buddy! LOOK AT ALL THE OPTIONS!

thats why when we played against the lions we were so dangerous because we weren't so buddy orientated. Actually we couldn't be buddy oriented

Lewis is a big part of our team. He won't be losng his spot for a fringe player like Muston

Out: Rioli, Whitecross
In: Peterson, Muston

Beleive that Lewis will take Rioli's spot in middle.

Muston takes Lewis spot as defensive forward.

Bring in Petersoin to replace Whitecross on forward line. He is a more damaging player than Whitecross and can take a mark and kick a goal.

Sydney defeated Richmond by 55
Sydney defeated West Coast by 52
Sydney defeated Brisbane by 20
Sydney lost to Fremantle by 37
Sydney defeated Essendon by 9
Sydney defeated North Melbourne by 30

We can take this to mean they've won 5/6 at the SCG or that they've failed to beat any top eight teams at the SCG...

In all those wins they were playing sides that were on losing streaks and before the Tigers started to play good as proof of when they lost to them in the 2nd match that they played them.
Weagles, Lions, Bombers all were rabble and North, well lets just say our loss to them realy hurts us.
Freo totaly dominated them down there, honestly if we cant beat them then we are a sorry bunch, we have a side that can dominate any side out there and that is despite not having Cyril and brown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back