Autopsy Hawks vs The Crow Throws - and boy did they throw the thing tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, it's interesting how we seem happy to concede the balll magnets racking up ridiculous numbers. We've also conceded easily the most points against of anyone in the 8 bar Gold Coast. And yet we still back ourselves to outscore opposition (despite losing our best goalkicker of the past decade).

Did anyone see Harley standing in the doorway of the adelaide coaches box.

looked like an absolute pedo.

someone needs to post a pic
Yeah it would be his wet dream if we slid down the ladder maybe because he doesn't remember the last time he played against us has a gigantic chip on his shoulder from the 2008 GF IMO . He along with Liam Pickering should be permanently black banned from our club for their collective lack of integrity.

Yes, it's interesting how we seem happy to concede the balll magnets racking up ridiculous numbers. We've also conceded easily the most points against of anyone in the 8 bar Gold Coast. And yet we still back ourselves to outscore opposition (despite losing our best goalkicker of the past decade).
I reckon missing our two best defenders for most of the season might have something to do with the points against stat.

I wonder if we've got another gear in us.

That game last night gave me a lot of confidence in the squad. The individual acts of desperate from everyone on te team was excellent to watch. Most sides would have lost to adelaide last night.

I reckon missing our two best defenders for most of the season might have something to do with the points against stat.

Yes, that thought occurred to me after I posted that.

That game last night gave me a lot of confidence in the squad. The individual acts of desperate from everyone on te team was excellent to watch. Most sides would have lost to adelaide last night.

Agree with that, in fact I think I wrote that myself elsewhere in this thread.

THIS !!! Langford is our next Extractor. Just needs to bulk up a bit and get better with the disposal.
Stick with him Clarko.

You can't fault his effort he just seems to either rush his disposal or gets caught in two minds and gets tackled. Promising signs but he has a long way to go. Would like to see him have a bit more poise with the ball, his miss running into an open goal was hard to watch. I think he will turn out to be a player though.

A Crows supporter asked in their post match autopsy whether it was a concern that we let opposition stars get so much of the ball (Ablett, Dangerfield, Pendles etc) and we didn't put a hard tag on anyone. I replied that as long as those possessions aren't particularly damaging we seem happy to let those players accumulate. Would be interested to hear other peoples perspective?

Agree. Our defensive work like spoils, smothers, tackles, shepherds etc all night were awesome. This is what we have to bring every week, regardless of personnel.
Adelaide were very good last night, very very good, and we were able to weather the storm each time and rally and keep fighting. Best part is, not only did we battle at times, we also showed the class needed to get us across the line.

A Crows supporter asked in their post match autopsy whether it was a concern that we let opposition stars get so much of the ball (Ablett, Dangerfield, Pendles etc) and we didn't put a hard tag on anyone. I replied that as long as those possessions aren't particularly damaging we seem happy to let those players accumulate. Would be interested to hear other peoples perspective?

Dangerfield had 40+ but I really didn't think he has a dominant game. Sloane was better, but even he wasn't really damaging. A team shouldn't lost when their best two mids get 40+ possies and another player gets 35. Our best had 28, only 3 over 25. Our pressure made a lot of their posessions panic touches. Same when we play Collingwood. the best mids rack em up and they go no where.

Quality, not quantity

It just goes to show us that Robbo the dickhead journalist reads our forums, to get news! This morning I was listening to comments on SEN , with Dermie,Robbo,Voss, etc, and guess what? They were talking about Litherland, and how well he played, but then Robbo said our supporters call him Liquorland! Well, I wonder how he knew that?? Our forums, that's how..Robbo is such a twat..He must be desperate to find news to print from some forums..:rolleyes:

Do you want to know another interesting thing? How, prior to the game, Adelaide were one of the 'form teams of the competition', in 'red hot form', had beaten the then top team a few weeks ago. I even saw a couple of people say they could win the flag from outside the top 8. LOTS of people tipped them to beat us.
But now, after we've beaten them over there, all of a sudden, they're back to being a 'middle of the road' side, outside the top 8. Interesting...

One thing I noticed last night, which is part of the reason why I gave him votes, was the leadership and coolness of Burgoyne. Not only was he calm, smart and collected when in possession of the ball in the back half while the defense was under pressure, there were 3 times, down the hill end of the ground where he sacrificed himself for the team. 3 times the Crows kicked it long to the goal square and Burger sat himself in prime position and did it so that the KPDers could go the ball.

Each time, Pods was contesting and everyone knows that when Pods is around with a teammate, he never goes the ball. Each time, Burger looked at Pods, knew he was going to get bend sideways and copped the crunching from that thug so that the KPD's could have a fair go at killing the ball. Each time he got crunch, unfortunately 2 of those times, Jenkins took a mark, but Burger didn't think twice about putting his kidneys on the line for team. That's class, professionalism and leadership.

Pods makes Jenkins look good, just like he did Hawkins and Mooney. His job is purely to take out the KPDers with his knees. Thug of a footballer and knows he can get away with it.

Absolutely love Litherland, he just gets it done every time, he's like Stratton 2.0 at the moment. He plays with the composure and confidence of a player with 10x his number of matches. I also think we look a better team with Langford, Simpkin and McEvoy in it.

Generally by the start of the 4th Hale is just pottering around (he was great in last years finals, but I can't see how he can recapture that form), McEvoy can still contribute significantly all game. Langford's tenacity just has to be uplifting for those around him, I know it is for me as a fan, his DE% sucks yes, but that will improve.

Sadly I think it's a choice between Ross and Simpkin, and I don't think Ross does much, never seems to get 'dirty' but doesn't have the pace to be clean...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I noticed last night, which is part of the reason why I gave him votes, was the leadership and coolness of Burgoyne. Not only was he calm, smart and collected when in possession of the ball in the back half while the defense was under pressure, there were 3 times, down the hill end of the ground where he sacrificed himself for the team. 3 times the Crows kicked it long to the goal square and Burger sat himself in prime position and did it so that the KPDers could go the ball.

Each time, Pods was contesting and everyone knows that when Pods is around with a teammate, he never goes the ball. Each time, Burger looked at Pods, knew he was going to get bend sideways and copped the crunching from that thug so that the KPD's could have a fair go at killing the ball. Each time he got crunch, unfortunately 2 of those times, Jenkins took a mark, but Burger didn't think twice about putting his kidneys on the line for team. That's class, professionalism and leadership.

Pods makes Jenkins look good, just like he did Hawkins and Mooney. His job is purely to take out the KPDers with his knees. Thug of a footballer and knows he can get away with it.
For a side that just won you are surprisingly bitter about the majority of our players. Just enjoy the win mate. Your club is looking good!

For a side that just won you are surprisingly bitter about the majority of our players. Just enjoy the win mate. Your club is looking good!

Pods has form with our team mate. Not an Adelaide thing, it's a Podsiadly thing.

I'm hung over & have no voice after last night, but to me that was the over-riding highlight of the game. The work rate of our team was exceptional. Have to agree with savagelunchbox's assessment of Burgoyne too. Again, last night, I was really grateful that he plays for us.

LP, were you the one who said that Langers is like spag bol? A very apt comparison, but I can't fault his endeavour. I thought he did well in his first game back.

The crows fans near me had no idea who Litherland was during the game. I bet they know who he is now. Stellar performance.

Great start to the weekend!

osIrlQ4.jpg

Just watching the replay up to half time.
Tom Harley has got to be the biggest flog.
He will NEVER step foot in the Hawthorn coaching box , and what the f55k is he even doing in the Adelaide box with his old mate??
As a commentator , he is sposed to be NEUTRAL!! You ever see Dunstall or Leigh favouring us in their commentary ? No! Cause they are pro.
F##k you Harley!!

Anyone else notice a distinct bias towards Adelaide in Channel 7's commentary? I normally don't give a s**t, but I sat through about 30 minutes of pre-game, and all from an Adelaide perspective except for maybe 5 minutes.

It's shite you don't have to watch, (I don't).

Not bitter. It's obvious that they do what I've mentioned. You're still yet to admit you were wrong after you came on here, showed disrespect with your posting and called me a liar. Typical of a Crow supporter though.

lunacy was very prominent in the preview thread. Yet to be sighted here since the result...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back