Autopsy Hawks vs The Dockers - pick over the stinkin' wharfie cadaver here.

So our defence looked fantastic on Sunday not sure how much of that was them playing more cohesively and how much was down to Freo being terrible forward of centre, hoping it's more the former

Really hoping Gunners is glove free this weekend he hasn't been the same since he hurt his finger in Adelaide, looked to be playing up the ground more, maybe sacrificing his own game to make room for the Punky Poppy Sizzle show

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Do you believe we can do it from 3rd or 4th?

Its more about the condition you enter the finals less about where its played

Goven the prospective top four have gimme games in the final rounds of the season, they will all be entering in very good nick

It could be one of the greatest finals series ever, in a year when apparently the footy is in terminal decline

Really hoping Gunners is glove free this weekend he hasn't been the same since he hurt his finger in Adelaide, looked to be playing up the ground more, maybe sacrificing his own game to make room for the Punky Poppy Sizzle show

When you understand the role Gunners plays and where he ends up on the ground, its no real surprise he hasn't been kicking goals.
He must do some kilometres that lad.

That's liable to happen when a poster is allowed to troll a champion player of ours with impunity & the mods do sweet **** all about it....Kind of a dead-give-away actually, don't you think?

Hey, Mr Proc, I don't always agree with you, and I haven't liked everything you've said in this thread, but I love your support for one of the best players who have ever played for us. Your passion sometimes goes too far, but your love for Sammy is palpable.

Mitch is such a champion, he doesn't deserve to have anonymous nobodies defaming and throwing crap at him, particularly when he has no right of reply.

Last edited:
Came in for the third time today, noticed this thread is still a bloody soap opera, leaving again. Can someone tell me when this becomes an autopsy thread?
"These are the days of the schoolyard"?

Came in for the third time today, noticed this thread is still a bloody soap opera, leaving again. Can someone tell me when this becomes an autopsy thread?

WOW....Wasn't that the dramatic entrance & exit.;)....I sure Hope your cape doesn't get stuck in the door on your way out.

Last edited:
When you understand the role Gunners plays and where he ends up on the ground, its no real surprise he hasn't been kicking goals.
He must do some kilometres that lad.

Seems like he's doing it tough at the moment. Busted hand and if he's had a decent bout of the flu as reported its understandable he's a bit down. Hopefully the worst is behind him and he's set for a big one against the swans

Finished work just then and now going to have a beer and watch the replay. I haven't said that about many games this year. Most matches have been one watch affairs but I'm keen to give this great win another viewing. This time with some radio commentary.

I'm seriously proud of the boys effort on the weekend. Great way to start off what is a very hard run of games.

I am with you Smithy, the whining has become tedious. I don't mind people making a stand on things but this thread has been stuffed. Surely there is another place that carping can be taken while we talk about the game.
Perhaps the Mods can sort this out.

So our defence looked fantastic on Sunday not sure how much of that was them playing more cohesively and how much was down to Freo being terrible forward of centre, hoping it's more the former

I am wondering if we have settled on a back six "type" Suckers seems to be down there less and less atm. Two big, two medium, Doc and the aging play makers.

Probably partly as there's not much to autopsy - performance was impressive.

I am with you Smithy, the whining has become tedious. (A) I don't mind people making a stand on things but this thread has been stuffed. Surely there is another place that carping can be taken while we talk about the game.

(B) Perhaps the Mods can sort this out.

(A) And whose fault is that do you reckon?....(B) Bit late for that now!

As for the game summary....Sam Mitchell was best on ground (Again)....But apparently that don't mean s**t in this joint!

Really like Spangher and McEvoy playing again. Ceglar has been great this year, but if we were playing in a grand final next week - I'd go for McEvoy again. I feel more reassured with the bigger body and surer hands. Spangher likewise is in my best 22. I know he has his critics, but for me he's essential back there. Love the way he goes about it. Whose place he takes is another question.

Really like Spangher and McEvoy playing again. Ceglar has been great this year, but if we were playing in a grand final next week - I'd go for McEvoy again. I feel more reassured with the bigger body and surer hands. Spangher likewise is in my best 22. I know he has his critics, but for me he's essential back there. Love the way he goes about it. Whose place he takes is another question.

That is the real question:eek:

Agree so much with your thoughts on the Spang. Have always viewed him as a player that has to work so hard to put some spit and polish on his game....something that he has always been willing to do. Whereas for others they have so much natural ability..they make it look easy.
After watching Sundays game live..Matt impressed me with how much care he took with ball in hand...not to mess it up. His short passing was on...his handballs hit the target, he hit contests with reckless abandon as always and he slotted back into the team absolutely seamlessly as did BB.
The boys owned Freo right from the start and didnt take their foot off the jugular at all throughout the game.
A lot has to be said for the selection commitee and the coaching group....you all contributed to a sensational match down in little old Tassie.
I just had to text my best mate (Freo supporter) who was watching the match from a pub in Freo and ask if he had beer in his glass or tears? He took it pretty well...but couldnt believe how well Hawthorn played.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That is the real question:eek:
there's every chance injuries might decide this dilemma - but if not I reckon Schoenmakers is in strife. Spangher did bloody well 2013 up foward (think he kicked 4 in final against Swans in Buddy's absence), but has he played there since?

Schoenmakers has impressed with his contested efforts, and has kicked some beautiful goals, but prob needs to take more grabs and kick a few more goals I reckon.

To return to the thread, a couple of observations:

1. It was interesting that we scored more goals against the wind than with it. I was on the wing, and the wind was so strong, the ball was being pushed backwards. It was obvious that we still attacked against the wind, maybe we caught Freo out by doing so.

2. We played very well, but are Freo that bad, or did they just have a bad day? Looking at this game, if you take Fyfe away, the rest seemed like dross.

3. And why does Freo play an extra man in defence when they're losing? It's a boring game style anyway, but how do you score goals when you're playing not to lose?

It was interesting that we scored more goals against the wind than with it. I was on the wing, and the wind was so strong, the ball was being pushed backwards. It was obvious that we still attacked against the wind, maybe we caught Freo out by doing so.

I remember hoping that we'd lose the coin toss as I wanted us to kick against the wind in the first quarter. Not that I was thinking 'what a marvelously great Richmond thing to do' but rather because I figured the first term would be pretty tight with not much scoring, particularly the way Freo plays. I wanted the wind in the last when the game really opened up as well. As it turned out, we played against the wind just as well as we played with the wind. Go figure.

I mentioned it in this thread, somewhere near the beginning, I think it was the Essendon game though. He had to leave the field for awhile. Your point is valid, how did he get that corky? Must have collided with something pointy!

Im not saying that this incident is worthy of a beat up, i'm just saying that the silence from the entire football world on it is very telling.

It's good cape weather, cool.... breezy.

I'm actually more of a headband kind of guy, myself...

r0_107_3000_2094_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Back