Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hear you. But he was poo against the Dons. Looks disinterested. Brayshaw looked like a rookie.
We must all remember that Scrimshaw was so disinterested that he could barely get a game ala what Brodie is going through now. Put them in an environment where their settled and happy and then add a dash of Clarko and anything is possible.

How you don't win a flag with Kelly, Coniglio, Shiel, Whitfield,
Taranto, Hopper, Ward and Scully in the midfield is beyond me.

It's not Supercoach. That's why.

20 blokes doing it the way they always have - as Numero Uno.

Easily one of the worst collection of players - they are no more a "team" than Carlton.

They needed 4-5 "blue collar" blokes in there early and a coach willing to pick based on tackles/smothers/shepherds, rather than just looking at the stat sheet.

Playing 4 inside midfielders who all were top draft picks for being the best primary target ball winner in their age-group has just created an unbalanced (albeit supremely talented) list.

It's not Supercoach. That's why.

20 blokes doing it the way they always have - as Numero Uno.

Easily one of the worst collection of players - they are no more a "team" than Carlton.

They needed 4-5 "blue collar" blokes in there early and a coach willing to pick based on tackles/smothers/shepherds, rather than just looking at the stat sheet.

Playing 4 inside midfielders who all were top draft picks for being the best primary target ball winner in their age-group has just created an unbalanced (albeit supremely talented) list.
It's the coach thats the problem, not the talent on the park.

How you don't win a flag with Kelly, Coniglio, Shiel, Whitfield, Taranto, Hopper, Ward and Scully in the midfield is beyond me.

Because Ward and Scully aside, the rest weren't at their peak yet.

Immaturity and injuries cost the Giants before. The kids have grown up and notwithstanding our win against them, their time is now. It's why it will be tough for Cogs to leave IMO.

Because Ward and Scully aside, the rest weren't at their peak yet.

Immaturity and injuries cost the Giants before. The kids have grown up and notwithstanding our win against them, their time is now. It's why it will be tough for Cogs to leave IMO.
Individually, they may not have peaked, but more than enough of them were more than good enough to have won multiple flags by now. That's the point.

Plenty of our 2008 side hadn't peaked & we didn't have half their talent. And, we beat a genuinely good opponent, not the also-rans clogging up the top of the leader board the last couple of years.

Individually, they may not have peaked, but more than enough of them were more than good enough to have won multiple flags by now. That's the point.

Plenty of our 2008 side hadn't peaked & we didn't have half their talent. And, we beat a genuinely good opponent, not the also-rans clogging up the top of the leader board the last couple of years.

I disagree on a number of points. But ultimately it isn't a thread to discuss GWS.

Whitfield is firmly in place as the #1 target for Plan "T". Cameron the pipe-dream.

(1 Million points for the poster that solving the not-so-cryptic correlation).
T for twenty Twenty?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still looking at Weitering?

Don’t believe so. Quality mids are focussed targets. I understand, Outside Cogs, we want depth through the midfield over the next two Trade/Draft periods. A mix of FA/trade and Draft ideally. I still hear we hope to get KP depth from outside the focus.
Inside and outside guts is the focus !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back