NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited:

No I'm not. I've outline plenty of times now, the definition and why it was gaslighting to tell the players that their feelings weren't valid.
"psychological manipulation of a person usually over an extended period of time that causes the victim to question the validity of their own thoughts, perception of reality, or memories and typically leads to confusion, loss of confidence and self-esteem, uncertainty of one's emotional or mental stability, and a dependency on the perpetrator"

Gaslighting can be a very effective tool for the abuser to control an individual. It's done slowly so the victim writes off the event as a one off or oddity and doesn't realize they are being controlled and manipulated.—Melissa Spino

No I'm not. I've outline plenty of times now, the definition and why it was gaslighting to tell the players that their feelings weren't valid.

This is such a weird hill to die on.

People are delusional if they think racism will be proved against the accused. The accusers will now be cross examined under strict laws where perjury is a serious crime.

Different kettle of fish for the accusers when under oath.

I believe Hawthorn will try and settle out of court just so not to have the club be dragged through the courts.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

A lot of posters should be ashamed and embarrassed by their comments throughout this forum. Maybe next time don’t accuse and hang someone till all the accusations are proven.

You do realise this proves nothing and has simply opened the door for it to be progressed through to the Human Rights Commission. Let's see what happens when the boys club can't throw a blanket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just going to get messier and messier. The AFL were never going to do anything about it and that’s fair enough. Hopefully this all gets sorted out without the Hawks having to be dragged through the courts, someone will end up in jail if it goes through the court system.

You do realise this proves nothing and has simply opened the door for it to be progressed through to the Human Rights Commission. Let's see what happens when the boys club can't throw a blanket.
The AFL, police, nasa, whoever, could come out and say there was no racism and it wouldn't be enough. Some sad individuals just want there to be so they can continue to be bitter. Quite sad really

This is just going to get messier and messier. The AFL were never going to do anything about it and that’s fair enough. Hopefully this all gets sorted out without the Hawks having to be dragged through the courts, someone will end up in jail if it goes through the court system.
No

Hawthorn is squarely in the gun now.

Gil saying that at least one of the complainants didn't participate in the independent investigation at all (which obviously makes it hard to investigate or resolve anything). If I was a complainant in this matter, I wouldn't have participated either. Needs to be pursued outside the AFL.

The AFL, police, nasa, whoever, could come out and say there was no racism and it wouldn't be enough. Some sad individuals just want there to be so they can continue to be bitter. Quite sad really

Let's test it in a body that is designed to protect people from racism, not listen to a body that is designed to protect its own image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back