NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited:
What power/authority does the Human Rights Commission have in this instance?
They're set up for mediation. If mediation doesn't come to a satisfactory conclusion, they investigate and can declare a human rights abuse which would be handed to the attorney general with recommendations. An AFL nightmare.

Hawthorn is squarely in the gun now.

Gil saying that at least one of the complainants didn't participate in the independent investigation at all (which obviously makes it hard to investigate or resolve anything). If I was a complainant in this matter, I wouldn't have participated either. Needs to be pursued outside the AFL.
this is just getting interesting now

Now we await the angry mob who won’t be able to accept that Clarko, Fagan and Burt were found to have done nothing wrong.

Everyone has kept harping on along the lines of ‘Where there’s smoke there’s fire’ …. well guess what… there’s no fire… never was and never will be.

No wonder those 3 men have suffered such horrific mental anguish at being wrongly painted as racists for 8-months based on faceless allegations that clearly have little basis in fact. No wonder they came out immediately without knowing what the exact accusations were and said without exception they denied all allegations of wrong doing - because they didn’t need to know the allegations to protest their immediate innocence in the strongest possible terms.

And before anyone says this has been conveniently swept under the carpet - if there was genuine ‘evidence’ of racism or mistreatment of indigenous players across multiple years do you think we end up here with those three men not having a single case to answer? Of course not.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is the expected outcome that many Aboriginal people expected from a body like the AFL. It has happened for 200 years where bodies controlled by power and greed have swept Aboriginal issues under the table. Today we are fortunate, that bodies such as the Human Rights Commission are there to ensure justice. What the AFL don't realise is that the media storm that will erupt as a result of the HRC will bring more heat on their brand than if they had dealt with it in the first place. Human Rights can make some powerful statements. These lawyers would not be advising full steam ahead to HRC without believing they will be successful.

You do realise this proves nothing and has simply opened the door for it to be progressed through to the Human Rights Commission. Let's see what happens when the boys club can't throw a blanket.

Is it a fait accompli that'll it'll get to the HRC?

I assume there are specific requirements and conditions for that to be the case.

Gil’s trying to drag the AFL out of the firing line with the Pontius Pilate press conference there.

Smart move, he knows it can only get messier from here on in.

Hes just trying to drag himself out of the firing line because he will be gone soon.

Is it a fait accompli that'll it'll get to the HRC?

I assume there are specific requirements and conditions for that to be the case.

I believe 6 families are on a pathway to Human Rights supported by their legal teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the expected outcome that many Aboriginal people expected from a body like the AFL. It has happened for 200 years where bodies controlled by power and greed have swept Aboriginal issues under the table. Today we are fortunate, that bodies such as the Human Rights Commission are there to ensure justice. What the AFL don't realise is that the media storm that will erupt as a result of the HRC will bring more heat on their brand than if they had dealt with it i the first place. Human Rights can make some powerful statements. These lawyers would not be advising full steam ahead to HRC without believing they will be successful.
After months of anonymity are the accusers prepared to have there storytelling put under the microscope and be open to all that will come with it

This is the expected outcome that many Aboriginal people expected from a body like the AFL. It has happened for 200 years where bodies controlled by power and greed have swept Aboriginal issues under the table. Today we are fortunate, that bodies such as the Human Rights Commission are there to ensure justice. What the AFL don't realise is that the media storm that will erupt as a result of the HRC will bring more heat on their brand than if they had dealt with it in the first place. Human Rights can make some powerful statements. These lawyers would not be advising full steam ahead to HRC without believing they will be successful.

I respect your posting in this thread but the AFL hasn't swept anything under the carpet. You can't investigate or resolve anything when complainants don't want to participate in the process (I wouldn't have participated either) - which is what Gil said had happened in relation to 'Zac'. You can't keep a process which has no hope of reaching a substantive or material resolution going indefinitely. You also can't make any statements other than those made by Gil tonight.

I know people like to hate on the AFL and Gil in general, but saying they've swept this under the carpet ain't it.

What you can say is that the AFL is leaving Hawthorn out in the cold to deal with the consequences, as it should.

After months of anonymity are the accusers prepared to have there storytelling put under the microscope and be open to all that will come with it

From Robbo tonight. I have heard the same from other sources.

'The four families are almost certain to join the two other families in pursuing a hearing in the Human Rights Commission.

That will involve compulsory mediation between the families and Clarkson, Fagan and Burt, who have all denied any wrongdoing.

And if conciliation can’t be reached a hearing will be held in the Federal Court.'

it will be clarko making a fortune out of this now that he will get his turn to respond to this farce
You're dreaming mate. Clarko's not choosing to go to court where it will be discussed why in his role of coach he rocked up to a house to make sure a player separated from his pregnant fiance.

I respect your posting in this thread but the AFL hasn't swept anything under the carpet. You can't investigate or resolve anything when complainants don't want to participate in the process (I wouldn't have participated either) - which is what Gil said had happened in relation to 'Zac'. You can't keep a process which has no hope of reaching a substantive or material resolution going indefinitely. You also can't make any statements other than those made by Gil tonight.

I know people like to hate on the AFL and Gil in general, but saying they've swept this under the carpet ain't it.

As have I respected your postings.

You're dreaming mate. Clarko's not going to court where it will be discussed why in his role of coach he rocked up to a house to make sure a player separated from his pregnant fiance.
yeh he will cos it didnt happen

and now he will clear his name and make a fortune by doing so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back