NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

AFL Ends Investigation - 'Imperfect resolution' as Hawks probe ends, no one charged

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited by a moderator:
They are still 'warring parties' as you quoted. If they don't admit guilt and apologise it will go to the federal court.
The coaches categorically deny the accusations... so the mediation process probably won't go anywhere if we're to believe the "fighting words" from Cyril. It doesn't sound like there's room for any mediation or conciliation.

But the thing is, apart from the media and Big Footy ghouls, I don't think anyone really wants this to go to court and have their dirty linen aired. My guess is the players will probably accept a settlement from Hawthorn.

Last edited:
The coaches categorically deny the accusations... so the mediation process probably won't go anywhere if we're to believe the "fighting words" from Cyril. It doesn't sound like there's room for any mediation or conciliation.

But the thing is, apart from the media and Big Footy ghouls, I don't think anyone really wants this to go to court and have their dirty linen aired. My guess is the players will probably accept a settlement from Hawthorn.
They haven't categorically denied the accusations. They have said it didn't happen in the manner described

Cyril Rioli a good shout for the most privileged person to ever exist

Born into a family name that is royalty in Australia, treated as a God in his younger years. Goes to one of the most expensive and exclusive private schools of all time on full scholarship without ever paying a cent, is treated like a God his whole time there as best player on the football team

Wins a premiership his first year in the AFL while having heavyweights like Bruce McVaney become his personal fan club. Quickly becomes the highest paid player at the Hawks. Wins another 3 premierships then retires with a mega 7 figure payout for "racism"

Geez we'd all like to die right now and be reincarnated as Cyril
* off

Rioli seems to be appearing in this mediation as the villain for some. Astounding
Most decent Hawthorn supporters just want to make this right. I’m a bit of an optimist generally and I think that this could end in a better place. Cyril has been one of the best things in my life since 2008. Farkn love him

If I am right, Cyril was not part of the Phil Egan reprt. What exactly is the issue he has with Clarkson and Fagan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back