NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited:
The only ones who are looking at the colour of skin are the ones doing the accusing. Three good men have been accused of horrible things and the accusers have still not been named, it seems to be a case of "victim mentality" of these accusers.

If you want to accuse people in a public space then you should have the courage of your convictions and not throw accusations from their dark corners of anonymity. On face value these accusers and the Hawthorn Football Club have a lot to answer for.

"Victim mentality". What a disgraceful and horrid comment yet so typical and not at all unexpected.

Fantastic result

Heard from a very very good source it was a disgruntled ex player in a bad spot chasing a pay day.

Seems to match up with the result today

Also the player I know it to be has set their social media extremely private
this does not surprise me - i've been told 3 of the ex players none of whom had a successful career and could easily see this being a quick cash grab idea initially that has backfired

A lot of people are going early suggesting that the AFL's statement exonerates the accused.
Would you go to him with sensitive information?
What a weird question.

They were accused of RACISM.

From the 30000 documents gathered in the AFL investigation they found no sign of RACISM from the evidence supplied by the accusers.

They accused at worst may have made some insensitive suggestions around separation and abortions but this does not constitute RACISM.

I think people have been conditioned that anything bad that happens to an Indigenous person falls under the term RACISM.

IT DOESN'T.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Fantastic result

Heard from a very very good source it was a disgruntled ex player in a bad spot chasing a pay day.

Seems to match up with the result today

Also the player I know it to be has set their social media extremely private

You know all the families concerned?

A lot of people are going early suggesting that the AFL's statement exonerates the accused.

What a weird question.
I was shocked that Gil kept insisting this was a good result for the coaches. I suspect they would prefer he kept their names out of his ******* mouth.

It was a non result for them. After 8 months of being gagged and having the public and media say whatever they wanted.

Suggest you go this link to read how the Human Rights Commission manages complaints.

I know exactly how they manage complaints. Not sure what point you are trying to make.

I was shocked that Gil kept insisting this was a good result for the coaches. I suspect they would prefer he kept their names out of his ******* mouth.

It was a non result for them. After 8 months of being gagged and having the public and media say whatever they wanted.

Not just the public, but the accusers legal team also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Categorically denies the false accusations and states that the documents finalliy released by Hawthorn, which the AFL has had for some time prove he is innocent.

Looks like Fagan is ready for a fight where-ever the accusers decide to take it.

Given they have had 9 months now, I assume they will take it nowhere. All the chest beating by their lawyers was a shake-down to get AFL money.

The interesting thing is, did the 2 players who werent involved also get a payout, or just the 4 who were involved.

They were accused of RACISM.

From the 30000 documents gathered in the AFL investigation they found no sign of RACISM from the evidence supplied by the accusers.

They accused at worst may have made some insensitive suggestions around separation and abortions but this does not constitute RACISM.

I think people have been conditioned that anything bad that happens to an Indigenous person falls under the term RACISM.

IT DOESN'T.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
All time level melt here that has zero relevance to anything because the premise is completely flawed

Categorically denies the false accusations and states that the documents finalliy released by Hawthorn, which the AFL has had for some time prove he is innocent.

Looks like Fagan is ready for a fight where-ever the accusers decide to take it.

Given they have had 9 months now, I assume they will take it nowhere. All the chest beating by their lawyers was a shake-down to get AFL money.

The interesting thing is, did the 2 players who werent involved also get a payout, or just the 4 who were involved.

Gee I thought he would release a statement saying he is guilty. Really?

I bet they don't take their gags off - other than to declare innocence - like they have all along. They won't explain the strange events that led to them turning up to a house to "assist" a young player break contact with his pregnant fiance. I bet they never take the opportunity, unless forced, to tell their side of that story.

Now we await the angry mob who won’t be able to accept that Clarko, Fagan and Burt were found to have done nothing wrong.

Everyone has kept harping on along the lines of ‘Where there’s smoke there’s fire’ …. well guess what… there’s no fire… never was and never will be.

No wonder those 3 men have suffered such horrific mental anguish at being wrongly painted as racists for 8-months based on faceless allegations that clearly have little basis in fact. No wonder they came out immediately without knowing what the exact accusations were and said without exception they denied all allegations of wrong doing - because they didn’t need to know the allegations to protest their immediate innocence in the strongest possible terms.

And before anyone says this has been conveniently swept under the carpet - if there was genuine ‘evidence’ of racism or mistreatment of indigenous players across multiple years do you think we end up here with those three men not having a single case to answer? Of course not.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The afl had 8 months, an investigative team featuring QCs, interviewed a stack of people and analysed thousands of documents and, as Fagan stated, they couldn’t find anything.

Gee I thought he would release a statement saying he is guilty. Really?

He didnt settle with saying he was glad it was over. He said he would continue the fight to prove he is innocent in any court or other place required. He has challenged the accusers to put up or disappear.

I have no doubt apologists will line up to say they arent disappearing but are being silenced, even though they have avenues which exist to help them - assuming their claims are true. If they do disappear then the obvious reason is the AFL paid them hush money and they willingly accepted it - even though they claimed that they were after the truth being revealed and apologies and changes.

Discussion continues in Part Three found here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back