NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

AFL Ends Investigation - 'Imperfect resolution' as Hawks probe ends, no one charged

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited by a moderator:
it isn't human nature to be racist, soz m8

Maybe I said it wrong. Because kids tend not to be racist.

What I mean is that everyone lives their life and experiences things, is influenced by, etc.

Those experiences etc shape us and influence our thinking/actions whether consciously or not.

If I walk into a Nigerian village as a white person, I am going to perceived/treated differently than if I walked into village as a black person.

I’m not interested in an argument. But I strongly believe it to be true.

Maybe I said it wrong. Because kids tend not to be racist.

What I mean is that everyone lives their life and experiences things, is influenced by, etc.

Those experiences etc shape us and influence our thinking/actions whether consciously or not.

If I walk into a Nigerian village as a white person, I am going to perceived/treated differently than if I walked into village as a black person.

I’m not interested in an argument. But I strongly believe it to be true.
Yeah racism isn't binary - racist or not raçist - it's a spectrum and we're all on it.

To be honest anyone who accepts the views of the past in relation to what took place in the AFL in regards to racism against Aboriginal people should be ashamed. The damage done to many individuals was irreparable I clearly stated in a previous post that the AFL was improving in regards to the way they treat Aboriginal players. No I am not proud of my clubs past in relation to treatment of Aboriginal people, no club supporter should be, your club included. Your club has a shameful history of abuse of Aboriginal players and failing to protect your own players. Just like mine.

bluespooner interested as to why you dislike nearly all of my posts that raise the horrific treatment of Aboriginal players.

You could not be further from the truth. In many parts of the Aboriginal world, Yarning Circles are the only way of testing serious allegations. You keep talking from a Non Aboriginal world.

bluespooner What is your issue with yarning circles?

The media, football people, Sonia Hood and the Brisbane CEO have all pretended this is not happening and tried to brush it under the carpet.
These two are not fit to coach AFL clubs imo and should be sacked. The AFL should stand up for human rights abuses even if our governments don't.

We can't expect a North supporter like yourself to care about what's right. You will back Clarkson whatever he does to people because you want a good coach.
If you want to disparage human rights that's your bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems like some folks are expecting to see Fagan and Clarkson extradited to The Netherlands to go up on trial in The Hague?

Can’t imagine that’d be likely.

Cyril Rioli a good shout for the most privileged person to ever exist

Born into a family name that is royalty in Australia, treated as a God in his younger years. Goes to one of the most expensive and exclusive private schools of all time on full scholarship without ever paying a cent, is treated like a God his whole time there as best player on the football team

Wins a premiership his first year in the AFL while having heavyweights like Bruce McVaney become his personal fan club. Quickly becomes the highest paid player at the Hawks. Wins another 3 premierships then retires with a mega 7 figure payout for "racism"

Geez we'd all like to die right now and be reincarnated as Cyril

Goes to one of the most expensive and exclusive private schools of all time on full scholarship without ever paying a cent
How many private school kids pay the fees out of their own pocket?

Born into a family name that is royalty in Australia, treated as a God in his younger years. Goes to one of the most expensive and exclusive private schools of all time on full scholarship without ever paying a cent, is treated like a God his whole time there as best player on the football team

Wins a premiership his first year in the AFL while having heavyweights like Bruce McVaney become his personal fan club. Quickly becomes the highest paid player at the Hawks. Wins another 3 premierships then retires with a mega 7 figure payout for "racism"

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Or even the parents of AFL footballers. It'd be a pretty decent percentage of AFL players who were on full scholarships at top schools ...
Yes but how many of them were of a culture that BigPond101 has... issues with.

A family name that is ‘royalty’. A family that was such royalty it was ripped apart by Stolen Generation. How dare an Aboriginal boy be on a full scholarship. Surely that should be reserved for the white privileged like Chris Judd.

How many private school kids pay the fees out of their own pocket?

Not sure how this relates to my post, of the estimated say 100 billion people who have ever existed Cyril would be in the top 0.00001 % most privileged. If we have to believe he's hard done by might as well pack it up and hope Putin nukes us all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back