News Holden Centre hosting fans to watch the WCE final (FREE Event - see pg 3) - what was it like?

Free event at Holden Centre? (Pay for food and drinks). Thoughts?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I know a couple people that went. Looked like heaps were there. Some special guests, including Darcy Moore, I believe? I would have went, if I wasn't in Perth attending the game . I remember back in the day when they always use to broadcast the interstate games at there -- when it used to be the lexus centre.

Was a great night. Atmosphere was awesome. Glad the club went ahead with it.

Was it in the main room or the auditorium? (Or both?). If it was in the main room, what was the seating arrangement?

How full was it?

Assume they just played the audio feed from the TV during game time, and turned the sound down in the breaks?

What did they do pre-game / quarter / half time / three quarter time / post game?

What food did they have? Pricing?

Do you think it would work for a H&A interstate game? Would you go?

I remember back in the day when they always use to broadcast the interstate games at there -- when it used to be the lexus centre.

Where in the building did they show that? In the bar at the city end of the building?

(Incidentally, has anyone seen if they’ve done something with that space? Last I saw it was laying derelict)

Was it in the main room or the auditorium? (Or both?). If it was in the main room, what was the seating arrangement?

How full was it?

Assume they just played the audio feed from the TV during game time, and turned the sound down in the breaks?

What did they do pre-game / quarter / half time / three quarter time / post game?

What food did they have? Pricing?

Do you think it would work for a H&A interstate game? Would you go?
Main room, I think 7 screens, quite a few tables and chairs first in best dressed. I'd say around the 500 people mark, was pretty full.

Yeah they had the audio feed during the game and during the breaks there was some raffles and prizes on the night. Pre game had a female musician and interviews with Reidy and Darcy. Didn't see what happened post game, left before final siren.

Food wise, didn't check it out myself, was too nervous to eat

It can work for H&A interstate games, I'd definitely try go to some, maybe the club can look into this for next season

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Where in the building did they show that? In the bar at the city end of the building?

(Incidentally, has anyone seen if they’ve done something with that space? Last I saw it was laying derelict)
Yeah, at the bar. I feel like you used to walk in the entrance and it was toward the right, but they probably changed it over the years and it's not where it used to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coaches address for AFLW player sponsors was conducted in that space in 2017. Still had all the bar stuff down one end and was in pretty good nick, albeit looking unused for that purpose for some time.

Main room, I think 7 screens, quite a few tables and chairs first in best dressed. I'd say around the 500 people mark, was pretty full.

Yeah they had the audio feed during the game and during the breaks there was some raffles and prizes on the night. Pre game had a female musician and interviews with Reidy and Darcy. Didn't see what happened post game, left before final siren.

Food wise, didn't check it out myself, was too nervous to eat

It can work for H&A interstate games, I'd definitely try go to some, maybe the club can look into this for next season

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
And what did young Moore have to say?

Back