Hottest 100 of the '10s

Remove this Banner Ad

As a massive Chili Peppers fan, can confirm that Dark Necessities is dog s**t and they did not release anything of note in the last decade.

can back this up, I wouldn't say it was dog s**t but it was pretty bland and nothing like their best work. Look Around and Raindance Maggie from 2011 were decent tunes however, RHCP's best days were 90's-early 00's for sure

I know Warm Tunas isn't 100% accurate but HOW THE HELL is Thelma Plum currently predicted in at #91? because she's aboriginal? controversial guess I know but really, like how

I know Warm Tunas isn't 100% accurate but HOW THE HELL is Thelma Plum currently predicted in at #91? because she's aboriginal? controversial guess I know but really, like how

I dunno man, it could be that people are voting for her?

Good for you though, going straight down the racist route.

Because people are voting for her. Why complain about that when crap like Thrift Shop and Hoops are getting votes?

There’s a lot of songs in there that make no sense. Does anyone think DMA’s cover of Believe is one of the 10 greatest songs of the last 10 years? Or Confidence? Or Is This How You Feel (a song I like).

And I like Covered in Chrome but anyone thinking it’s the greatest song put together in a decade of music needs their head read. If that comes in at number one, that would be dead set embarrassing, particularly when there are better local songs from the likes of Gang of Youths or Tame Impala or Lorde.

Thrift Shop is one that irks me. It's a novelty song that came big at the perfect time, right at the dawn of the voting period, so it received waves of votes. Come Australia Day, the novelty had well and truly worn off and everyone was sick of it. Much the same as Pretty Fly and no one votes for that in all-time countdowns. So I'm surprised it's still getting l love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because people are voting for her. Why complain about that when crap like Thrift Shop and Hoops are getting votes?

Hoops on the list but Lay It Down nowhere to be seen is disgusting and offensive

Pretty good decade of music in my opinion (particularly from 2010-2015). Here's my votes:

Hottest 100 of the 10s.jpg

Songs that will get in:

Runaway
Magnolia

Songs that may get in:

Pyramids
The Wire

Songs that won't get in:

Forgive and Forget
Long Loud Hours

The others I'm not sure about. Free is my number one song from the decade but not sure about its vote pulling potential. Probably the same for Drake and Macklemore, massive international artists but probably not the JJJ airplay to make it.

I dunno man, it could be that people are voting for her?

Good for you though, going straight down the racist route.

I just don't get it, song literally just came out and is boring like most other singer/songwriter stuff the j's play this day. not racist to wonder about influencing factors towards voting demographics either, good for you for being a knee jerk snowflake tho.

There’s a lot of songs in there that make no sense. Does anyone think DMA’s cover of Believe is one of the 10 greatest songs of the last 10 years? Or Confidence? Or Is This How You Feel (a song I like).

And I like Covered in Chrome but anyone thinking it’s the greatest song put together in a decade of music needs their head read. If that comes in at number one, that would be dead set embarrassing, particularly when there are better local songs from the likes of Gang of Youths or Tame Impala or Lorde.

I also love Covered in Chrome, but can't see it winning. winner will be Tame, Flume, GOY, Kanye, Gotye, Kendrick or maybe Lorde.

Will they acknowledge or play Sticky Fingers if they get in?

well it's on their voting list so seems like they will. Australia Street is currently predicted to poll in the 30's according to Warm Tunas.

Predictions for highest placed song from an annual countdown to miss the 200?
Will Rushing Back even feature, plenty of other Flume songs to steal the votes.

Predictions for highest placed song from an annual countdown to miss the 200?
Will Rushing Back even feature, plenty of other Flume songs to steal the votes.
Good God I hope Losing It gets nowhere near.

Frankly, I wouldn’t have Confidence, Hoops or Thrift Shop anywhere near the top 100 songs of the past 10 years and they were number ones.
I enjoy Confidence a lot more than the other two but agreed.

Frankly, I wouldn’t have Confidence, Hoops or Thrift Shop anywhere near the top 100 songs of the past 10 years and they were number ones.
I'd throw Talk is Cheap in that list too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back