FTA-TV How I Met Your Mother Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So does Robin in the last scene is the episode - The Exploding Meatballl Sub!

The last scene is the flashforward when Barney is lying in bed and Robin is covering her hand.

Was it just me or was that the most woeful episode ever, until the last 5 mins when we had some action and progress??

If you're looking for every episode to be meaningful for every minute, you're going to wind up very disappointed. I though it was pretty good.

I thought it was pretty weak. It was basically the same flash-forward joke repeated 4 times and it wasn't that funny the first time.

Usually I like the ones where they mess around with the timeline (the party with the flaming beekeeper was one of the better episodes this season) but this one grated a fair bit. At least there was a bit of plot progression. They're having to rush things to get to Quinn and Barney's wedding, I guess.

Marshall's line "like what?!" after Robin tells Ted her desire to do naughty things... to help cheer up Marshall was the highlight of that episode. The way he delivered it, it was perfect hahaha.

Story progression was average, Barney was fairly s**t but Marshall with a moustache saved it for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the s**t is up with the scheduling of HIMYM? Another week off next week, then ep 22, then another week off, then two eps in one night to end the season.

No wonder the ratings are falling. I mean aside from this season being pretty average. :p

Will be intersting to see how they tie up Barneys wedding by the end of the season.

Im still hoping for it to be Robin. I think that makes the most sense.

That kind of answers why the first episode was Ted meeting her.

Ie; He needed to meet Robin so that she could Marry Barney so that he could meet her "Freind" at the wedding that becomes his wife.

I would prefer Barney to marry Quinn but I think she's probably a red herring so that in this seasons finale the reveal that Robin is the bride isn't entirely predictable. But it'll just drag it out further, especially if at the end of this season Barney is still with Quinn. If that's the case, next season will be all about how Barney got back together and eventually engaged and married to Robin. I'd rather they explore new ground.

On the other hand, the one thing that makes me think it might not be Robin is that Barney was shown earlier to want kids (the episode where he and Ted talk about adopting a child and being bro-parents). I think it would be quite a good resolution for his character if he ends up with a kid. With Robin that won't happen.

In the Victoria episode, they said that the Ted/Robin/Barney triangle caused problems with Ted and Barney's friendship when it all came to a head. Since that hasn't happened yet, you kind of have to assume that Barney and Quinn break up and something else happens between Barney and Robin.

It's really getting very annoying having them all relapse into each other all the time. Kind of like Ross and Rachel on steroids.

What's with the last two episodes? No progress beyond Barney and Quinn, and even that's been minuscule. I thought Season 7 was the finale?

What's with the last two episodes? No progress beyond Barney and Quinn, and even that's been minuscule. I thought Season 7 was the finale?

Well, we learnt when Ted's daughter is born, which gives a time limit on when he needs to meet the mother by.

Last week sparked some hope, but it's almost work to watch it each week. I have very high hopes for next season despite this season's inconsistencies.

I think people have too high standards. I've recently watched Season 6 back again and the first half of 7 and it's no where near as bad as I remember thinking it was. Even Kevin is slightly more bearable! :D

If every episode is legendary, then no episodes are legendary ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back