How long until foley becomes Elite?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 16, 2007
Chinatown
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
man utd
Yes he is elite. But im talking in the mould of ablett and cornes etc.
When will he finally be recogniised as a elite elite player. He is in that category of 2nd best.

Myabe he doesnt get the recognition because he plays for a weaker team. But if you watch this guy closely he rips it up every single week and he is an absolute star.
He also does it in a team that has little support for him, unlike Geelong who go out of their way to break abletts tag.

Personally, i think that after this year he will be recognised.

Ur thoughts?

Foley needs help... Has had a good consolidation year so far. Probably need to see him play more games where he impacts the game for 4 straight quaters. I don't think I've seen him do that yet

You would think he wouldnt be too far away. The media will start pumping him up after he tallies well in the brownlow which should happen this year.
When he's not the one and only player to be considered to be tagged every week, improvement from bling , newman in midfield, johnson's resurgance, developement of cotchin and the return to form from browny and lids, should assist him significantly, but personally he's as good as anyone currently playing the game. Wins his own ball, and has to catious of his judgement, unlike Judd who is the main target at Carlton, and Abblet who is able to always go offensive due to his teammates ability to win the ball.

is he in the big V squad??? if not then he hasnt got respect yet from the outside world.

If he makes the team, then we have an ELITE mid in our midst.

Anyone care to throw an exact definition behind the word "elite" with particular reference to the standard of AFL footballers? Otherwise it is just yet another wank word developed to express someones personal opinion about a player which is totally subjective and beyond accurate measurement or comparison and I'm sure we would never wanna do that would we?

Anyone care to through an exact definition behind the word "elite" with particular reference to the standard of AFL footballers? Otherwise it is just yet another wank word developed to express someones personal opinion about a player which is totally subjective and beyond accurate measurement or comparison and I'm sure we would never wanna do that would we?

What an elite post TT! :D
It's so subjective isn't it this "elite" tag. Bandied around a bit much.
IMO, elite players would sit say in the Top 10 of the comp so based on this, Axel is certainly not there yet. (Nor is any other Tiger)
Elite should be virtually 1st picked in any team so...
Ablett
Bartell
Judd
Hodge
Franklin
J. Brown etc...
Actually, when was the last time we truly had a Top 10 player?

He is gold, his run and carry is up there with any player in the game.

However as good as he is by the end of the year Tambling will be our most important midfielder.

What an elite post TT! :D
It's so subjective isn't it this "elite" tag. Bandied around a bit much.
IMO, elite players would sit say in the Top 10 of the comp so based on this, Axel is certainly not there yet. (Nor is any other Tiger)
Elite should be virtually 1st picked in any team so...
Ablett
Bartell
Judd
Hodge
Franklin
J. Brown etc...
Actually, when was the last time we truly had a Top 10 player?

Go with the Cho, mate.

elite is someone u would have in ur team without hesitation. U would die to get him.

Even though foley is a gun, there are still other midfielder just like him that you could pick. BUt u onl get 1 garry ablett for example...

I think he lacks the natural talent it takes to be an elite midfielder like Ablett, He doesn't have that extra string to his bow like Abletts class around the goals, I don't think i've ever seen Foley snap a goal or take a contested mark? To get to that elite level he needs to show some class in other areas of his game besides being able to explode out of a pack and enter the 50, he's arguablly the best at that aspect of the game. I would say he's more in the mould of a Brent Harvey without Harveys ability around the goals.

foley lacks the x-factor that Hyde has, which lead to a double page spread in the HUN, suggesting ELITE, after he kicked a few goals at Skilled a couple of years ago. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he will be like an ablett in his career.

But I think he is a great player loved the play from the weekend were he burnt off a couple of dogs players with his pace. From what I have seen of Cotchin in the u18's he looks to be more in the ablett mould.

relax man, the big V squad means big JS in real terms when it comes to elite.
Exhibit A: Jeff White. ;)

FOS as usual. just saw the squad and Whites name isnt even in there ;)

White was a gun in his day so if your refering to past teams that makes you even more FOS ;)

Foley is however in the squad which means he is being recognised by the wider football community as a gun mid ;)

oh and one more thing ... go ;) yourself.

FOS as usual. just saw the squad and Whites name isnt even in there ;)

White was a gun in his day so if your refering to past teams that makes you even more FOS ;)

Foley is however in the squad which means he is being recognised by the wider football community as a gun mid ;)

oh and one more thing ... go ;) yourself.

must have been an incorrect report on SEN then. They suggested that White was in.
I dont really go out of my way to see who made it into a Vic squad.
Got better things to do than to worry about that kind of shit dick head.

So Foley is in and that means that he is being recognised by the wider footy communtiy as a gun huh? Bwahaaahaaa, ____ we have some simptetons amongst us havent we?

I mean, he wasnt recognised by the wider footy community, but now he is? FFS, how ____ing dumb can you be? shit for brains. ;)

haven't read through the entire thread so forgive me if I'm barking up the wrong tree but Jeff White is definitely in. Only Dees player to make it.

thanks dude. Now i remember why i heard it on SEN. do you know why? Because all were saying, WTF??? ANd here we have muppets suggesting it means elite. It means JS. If you are elite, you dont need to be in a VIC squad to prove it. ;)

thanks dude. Now i remember why i heard it on SEN. do you know why? Because all were saying, WTF??? ANd here we have muppets suggesting it means elite. It means JS. If you are elite, you dont need to be in a VIC squad to prove it. ;)
Adam Simpson made it. Is everyone suggesting he's elite? haha. Good player, but elite? C'mon.
Anyone who's anyone gets in the squad. Surprised I'm not there actually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back