Beauty & Style How much do you pay for your haircuts?

Remove this Banner Ad

In parts of the USA for sure. Our minimum wage isn’t that bad. A barber wouldn’t be on minimum wage but tips are customary in service industries.
My friend in NY said the only place you dont tip is Chinese Restaurants ?????
I dont think he was a racist or pulling my leg, but apparently that is a thing in NY or the rest of the US ???
When we went to Chinatown he didnt tip and said it wasnt expected ????

My friend in NY said the only place you dont tip is Chinese Restaurants ?????
I dont think he was a racist or pulling my leg, but apparently that is a thing in NY or the rest of the US ???
When we went to Chinatown he didnt tip and said it wasnt expected ????

Not sure. That's weird. I'd tip any proper restaurant (not fast food).

$25/30 ( depending on who I see) every 2 or 3 weeks. Sounds like a lot but a fade goes quickly. There aren't too many styles that fit my head so may as well keep it looking good.

I think I used to pay $30, seniors rate.

When I was going into hospital for cervical spine surgery (5 vertebrae in the neck), I got out the clippers and removed it all. Not a look I like, but learnt from earlier shoulder surgery that it hurts like crap to try and lift arms to wash hair.

Since I have allowed it to grow back, just hitting the sticking out bits with the clippers.

Rocking my grey/white lockdown mullet. Not a good look, but better than the nude nut.

$25/30 ( depending on who I see) every 2 or 3 weeks. Sounds like a lot but a fade goes quickly. There aren't too many styles that fit my head so may as well keep it looking good.
Unless you are an actor on TV or something this is ridiculous.

20 bucks, a mate goes to a barber who does a shave as well which I'd like to try, but at 50 bucks seems a bit exxy.

Seems about right. I pay about $45 for a cut and beard trim. I'm going tomorrow for the first time in a few months so I wonder if the price has gone up.

$25 buzz
$40 fade/trim/anything other that a buzz

Great local barber, only take online bookings unless it's a quiet day so you are never waiting long at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My last haircut was in Indo :(

Cbf getting rid of the mane at the moment, one day I’ll shave it off or get a $25 job.

20 bucks, a mate goes to a barber who does a shave as well which I'd like to try, but at 50 bucks seems a bit exxy.
Does he do the flaming cotton ball to get rid of the bumfluff ?
I had the works in Turkey ,it was only a $1 a few years ago now though

iu

$25 once every 3-4 months does it for me.

I don't go overboard on ensuring that it remains short, but I also don't develop a mullet (very unnecessary in hotter Brisbane weather).

EDIT: In the interests of disclosure, I invariably go Blade #3 or #4 on the sides and back while leaving the top slightly longer and slicked back.

COVID reinforced to me how over rated haircuts are. Never again will I have a hair cut. The fake conversation alone is excruciating,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back