Player Watch How will you feel if Hodgey wins another flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Understand that Shakey, even one really obnoxious supporter can really colour you judgement for ever. Nonetheless it's the closest to a Hawthorn victory as we can hope for this year. Brilliant move by Brisbane.
They will get smashed this week and then get pantsed at home.

If they make the GF, ill get around them though

If Hodge wins another flag, it adds another premiership to the Clarkson coaching legacy, as Fagan would become the latest coach to work under Clarko to win a premiership.

Luke Beveridge (assistant coach in 2012-2014): one premiership (2016)
Damien Hardwick (assistant coach in 2005-2009): one premiership (2017)
Adam Simpson (assistant coach in 2010-2013): one premiership (2018)

So if Brisbane salute, you can then add the 2019 premiership to the tally. That means that Clarkson and his disciples would win seven straight premierships (2013-2019). Without looking it up, I daresay that would be unprecedented in the history of the VFL/AFL.

Like others, would prefer Brisbane than Cats or Tigers, and I still love Hodgey and Fages.

If I can be a small-minded and precious and oversensitive Hawk for moment, the last couple of years it has hurt me to see Hodgey and Fages celebrating after beating us... But, if they make to the big day, I will be in the Lion's corner.

If Hodge wins another flag, it adds another premiership to the Clarkson coaching legacy, as Fagan would become the latest coach to work under Clarko to win a premiership.

Luke Beveridge (assistant coach in 2012-2014): one premiership (2016)
Damien Hardwick (assistant coach in 2005-2009): one premiership (2017)
Adam Simpson (assistant coach in 2010-2013): one premiership (2018)

So if Brisbane salute, you can then add the 2019 premiership to the tally. That means that Clarkson and his disciples would win seven straight premierships (2013-2019). Without looking it up, I daresay that would be unprecedented in the history of the VFL/AFL.

Isn’t the structure such that Clarko worked under Fages as Footy Manager? So Fages would have claim to the seven years straight.

Still a great record for Clarko anyway, it just goes to show the quality of people we had working for the club during that time. You could certainly hear in Clarko’s voice last night on AFL360 that he is getting p1ssed off at losing key staff at such a regular occasions.

What craps me off is the footy department cap, we pay to train them which is included in the cap and then lose them and have to start again.

Isn’t the structure such that Clarko worked under Fages as Footy Manager? So Fages would have claim to the seven years straight.

Oh my young Padawan, you have much to learn.

Clarkson didn't work under anyone except the board. Fagan was a conduit between Clarko and the board/executive.

Still a great record for Clarko anyway, it just goes to show the quality of people we had working for the club during that time. You could certainly hear in Clarko’s voice last night on AFL360 that he is getting p1ssed off at losing key staff at such a regular occasions.

What craps me off is the footy department cap, we pay to train them which is included in the cap and then lose them and have to start again.
I doubt he's pissed off. He's been in the industry a long time and knows how it works. People only have 18 opportunities for their role, far less if they don't want to move interstate. They're not players getting paid a few hundred k a year, you can't begrudge them taking better opportunities.

I wouldn't feel anything. Great for ex player/staff I guess, but they're opposition and have used their knowledge to beat us.

I don't think any less of them, don't think they're jerks or anything, but they're opposition while they wear different colours.

A lot better than seeing skanky utter filth like the cats, tigers, or the evil weevils lit the premiership cup.
I especially like that you haven't even included *, pies, GWS and dogs in the mix of potential premiers. :thumbsu:

I could cope if Hodge / Fages (and the other lions) saluted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a lot of mates who support the Lions - so if we don't make it I will be cheering the Lions on for their sake and to see Hodgey and Fages get what they deserve.

If Hodgey won a flag this year it would further separate him from Judd, another reason to cheer for the Lions if we don't make it to September

I especially like that you haven't even included *, pies, GWS and dogs in the mix of potential premiers. :thumbsu:

I could cope if Hodge / Fages (and the other lions) saluted.

Far canals! 🤣

I’d forgotten that the drug cheats were even in the finals this let alone considered them any chance whatsoever of even getting past week one let alone winning a flag! :laughing:

Also I think the pies are shot or a joke, or both. I csn’t Make up my mind on that one but their primary mission is to stop better teams from playing off in GFs and when they get their to provide comic relief by losing. 🤣

I was hoping GWS would win a flag as I have outer outer western Sydney ancestry dating back to the first white people on the Colo River near Richmond and mum was born in on kitchen table in her Gran’s house that dated back to the 1830s.

Also once GWS wins a flag the AFL won’t be under such pressure to gift them every advantage they can think of and check the box titled “Win GWS’ first flag for them”, tick mission accomplished. Plus there is no longer any reason for Coniglio to hang around there anymore and so he’ll be free of any commitment he may have made to them to help them achieve this historic goal.

As for the dogs, it would be nice to see them win a flag based solely on merit and not based purely on the umpires refusing to apply the rules of the game to their continual dropping and throwing of the ball.

Last edited:
Personally wouldn't mind it but they'll be out in the Prelim, they'll lose this week and finish 3rd, lose in Perth and lose a Prelim to Geelong or Richmond at the G.

Far canals! 🤣

I’d forgotten that the drug cheats were even in the finals this let alone considered them any chance whatsoever of even getting past week one let alone winning a flag! :laughing:

Also I think the pies are shot or a joke, or both. I csn’t Make up my mind on that one but their primary mission is to stop better teams from playing off in GFs and when they get their to provide comic relief by losing. 🤣

I was hoping GWS would win a flag as I have outer outer western Sydney ancestry dating back to the first white people on the Colo River near Richmond and mum was born in on kitchen table in her Gran’s house that dated back to the 1830s.

Also once GWS wins a flag the AFL won’t be under such pressure to gift them every advantage they can think of and check the box titled “Win GWS’ first flag for them”, tick mission accomplished. Plus there is no longer any reason for Coniglio to hang around there anymore and so he’ll be free of any commitment he may have made to them to help them achieve this historic goal.

As for the dogs, it would be nice to see them win a flag based solely on merit and not based purely on the umpires refusing to apply the rules of the game to their continual dropping and throwing of the ball.
Colo River Richmond, we might be related.

We all might be related.

Colo River Richmond, we might be related.

We all might be related.

Fifth cousins one to three times removed being 8th generation Australian and old to boot, some of my cousins grandkids would be 10th generation, the family tree gets very wide in that number of generations.

Perhaps we are all descendent of the original Hawthorn supporters who used to watch footy at the Avesbury Stadium Wiltshire, which has been misinterpreted these days a Neolithic stone circle circa 2900 BCE, but in fact the standing stones are the structural supports for the old wooden stands built to accommodating the spectators watching the game being played inside the oval. In fact most of these so called "circles" are not in fact circles, but ovoid shapes. If you ever visit there you will see that it is in fact the Megalithic version of Waverly Park where they used to play their Grand Final in the late Neolithic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back