Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

There was polarisation obviously before 2014, including for instance the whole Tea Party era in the US. But across all three countries, it has massively amplified since 2014.

Australia's culture wars have been going on since at least the mid-90s. If you don't know about, read some back issues of Quadrant.

In the US, goes back even further to the late 70s.

Yes and I want to know why the organisers of that protest were not arrested two days beforehand to stop then going ahead

Oh that’s right, people have a legal right to protest when the Premier supports them
Out of interest, what would you have had them arrested for?

Yes and I want to know why the organisers of that protest were not arrested two days beforehand to stop then going ahead

Oh that’s right, people have a legal right to protest when the Premier supports them

It's just that you weren't particularly vocal in your support of people being allowed to protest at the time the BLM protests took place.

It seems that now you suddenly endorse the right to protest. I'm no language expert but that seems to be a pretty close definition of what a hypocrite is.

It's just that you weren't particularly vocal in your support of people being allowed to protest at the time the BLM protests took place.

It seems that now you suddenly endorse the right to protest. I'm no language expert but that seems to be a pretty close definition of what a hypocrite is.

That’s because I don’t support protests during a pandemic and hell most of the time don’t support them at all.

I just want to know why in May, July and August people could be charged and arrested for protesting but June it was ok?

Other than the protests they fine people for were anti Government and the legal protest was supported by the premier.

Yet 5 people gathering is a public health issue but 10,000 causes no issues...

Well other than the protesters who attended, became ill and went back to their residences and now nearly 400 people have caught it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... which is?

Incitement or some rubbish i think

I want to see how his mind works, why he wants to imprison people for protesting. I don't think arresting people for protesting is something that should happen in a democracy. Do you not think this?

So you don’t think they should have been arrested? Yet I don’t see anyone complaining about it.

Incitement or some rubbish i think

So you don’t think they should have been arrested? Yet I don’t see anyone complaining about it.
No, I don't. I also didn't suggest that people shouldn't protest the lockdowns, or the 5G protests; even if I don't agree with them or think that this is an appropriate time to protest, it shouldn't be for me or for the government to determine what can be protested or when or where it should occur.

So, when I ask you about this, I'm asking you a) if you know if they were imprisoned, and if you agree with the idea that they should be, and b) what specifically they were charged with. There is a difference between an arrest and being held in lockup, and being issued a writ of some kind; there's also the idea that people who haven't committed a crime yet shouldn't be charged as though they had already done it, but that's just me.

I want to see how his mind works, why he wants to imprison people for protesting. I don't think arresting people for protesting is something that should happen in a democracy. Do you not think this?

The right to protest should not be in question, the timing of that protest is certainly open to question.

Not a fan of people jamming their views down my throat at the front door or in the street.

The idea that Dan has no idea about how the hotel quarantine was set up is laughable at best, or at least he wants us to believe that for his reasoning behind the enquiry, surely him and his cabinet sat down and talked about the most important part in trying to combat this virus. If not then they are truly useless.

The right to protest should not be in question, the timing of that protest is certainly open to question.

Not a fan of people jamming their views down my throat at the front door or in the street.
Nor am I, nor I think is anyone.

Protest is meant to be disruptive, to break the complacency of a status quo and to point something out in a public way; correspondingly, it cannot be arranged to suit convenience, and people should instead of whinging about the protests look to the societal ills the protest is drawing attention to, and examine what they actually think about it. Instead, people react emotionally, and deride the protesters for getting in the way of their lives.

On one hand, I certainly don't need someone shoving their views in my face. On the other, they're there for a reason, and it behooves all of us to examine those reasons for merit. Sometimes, they'll be bat s**t crazy - a seventh day adventist at your door ranting against sin, a masked overweight man swearing about 5G - but at alternates there are plenty of protests that have legitimate causes and highlight problems desperate for a solution.

I don't have the graphs handy at the moment, but it is when American media, particularly the NYTimes, went crazy with identity politics terms like "diverse" etc that are used by the far-left. In Australia, it is when Labor and the far-left media creatred a meltdown over a Liberal government delivering a Budget. In the UK, it's when aggressive online fighting related to politics started to occur with the Scottish independence referendum (far left cyber Nats).

Does the Birther Movement show up on your graphs?

Would that be considered the media "going crazy"?

Would it be considered "identity politics"?

Correct. If Andrews stopped the BLM protest, we may have avoided the state of disaster we are in today.

It seems Daniel doesn't like to upset his far left wing hustler friends.

No wonder he doesn't want to answer direct questions.

Where we are has nothing to do with the BLM protests and you know it.

At least you should know it.

Grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back