Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“All Victorian conservatives today are big supporters of IVF. I wonder how that happened over the course of 24 hours?”

Should we not mention these issues because it’s not something we’ve invested into in the past? Perhaps just say “stuff em”?
Sorry lad, if you couldn't infer that I was making a joke about conservatives only caring because the Vic govt have halted IVF then it's probably on you.

Try to keep up.

You can't say they don't look out for each other in the Labor party, Kym Peake for the win :)

View attachment 1313115
That has disaster written all over it

It'd be pretty stupid to campaign for ending lockdowns and letting it rip for 2 years only to then sulk about the consequences, right?

It would be equally stupid for someone who was and is in full support of the government, to still complain about those “wanting to let it rip”, whilst we are in fact letting it rip and have confirmed no more lockdowns.

I must have missed the memo that Omicron popped up in 2020. Real shame we’re seeing those consequences now.

It's almost as if the 'let it rip' crowd just thought everything would go back to normal

when i was held up two weekends ago by the anti-vax/freedom nuffies in the city they were chanting 'Sack Dan Andrews' - I asked them, 'then what? does it all go away?'

I don't think they've thought that far ahead

I love how the lefties on this board make out letting it rip is exclusive to the conservative side of politics, like Dan Andrews was coerced into embracing the let it rip philosophy against his will.

This is what Dan said in August 2020:

“The problem with your hospital system being overrun is it isn’t just overrun and struggling to provide care and support to COVID-19 patients, every stroke, motor vehicle accident, heart attack, every cancer surgery, everything we need that is time-critical gets overrun."

Yet here we are. We are in crisis because of a lack of planning at federal AND STATE levels. And anyone who disputes that is deluded, full of s**t or both

It's almost as if the 'let it rip' crowd just thought everything would go back to normal

when i was held up two weekends ago by the anti-vax/freedom nuffies in the city they were chanting 'Sack Dan Andrews' - I asked them, 'then what? does it all go away?'

I don't think they've thought that far ahead
much like trump, its all about the spectacle with this freedumb crowd .... chaos is the objective

I love how the lefties on this board make out letting it rip is exclusive to the conservative side of politics, like Dan Andrews was coerced into embracing the let it rip philosophy against his will.

“The problem with your hospital system being overrun is it isn’t just overrun and struggling to provide care and support to COVID-19 patients, every stroke, motor vehicle accident, heart attack, every cancer surgery, everything we need that is time-critical gets overrun."

Yet here we are. We are in crisis because of a lack of planning at federal AND STATE levels. And anyone who disputes that is deluded, full of sh*t or both

“I support the government, I don’t like the ‘let it rip’ crowd.”

Government decides to somewhat let it rip. (Heck the QLD CHO is all for omicron spread).

“Darn you ‘let it rip’ posters!”

Yet here we are. We are in crisis because of a lack of planning at federal AND STATE levels. And anyone who disputes that is deluded, full of sh*t or both

Its a pandemic & it has exposed holes in planning everywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd be pretty stupid to campaign for ending lockdowns and letting it rip for 2 years only to then sulk about the consequences when they get their wish, right?
The business lobbies, IPA and the libs got what they wished for.

What is that saying again "be careful what you wish for you just might get it"?

Andrews isn't a leftie, he's a centrist.

But I do concede, from where you sit he might look like a leftie - almost everyone does!

It is almost exclusive to the conservative side of politics.

Your critique as to why is not relevant to your initial point. They are two separate issues. To have enough resource for our hospitals a bi-partisan effort was needed a decade ago. But that has nothing to do with who is and who isn't ideologically opposed to "letting it rip."

We are now a collective victim of the defunding of our health system. Covid is just illuminating the issues.

Your critique as to why is not relevant to your initial point. They are two separate issues. To have enough resource for our hospitals a bi-partisan effort was needed a decade ago. But that has nothing to do with who is and who isn't ideologically opposed to "letting it rip."

We are now a collective victim of the defunding of our health system. Covid is just illuminating the issues.
Yes, we are a collective victim of chronic underfunding of our heath systems by the Federal & State governments, and agree 100% Covid has put the proverbial spotlight on the issue. If you read the article I linked earlier you will see it is a global problem, but it does have local nuances. Our public hospitals in Victoria are funded by both the state and federal governments. Our state government can "find" $60B to fund capital infrastructure projects...

Exclusivity of the let it rip is irrelevant and no longer relevant. Allowing the virus to circulate in the communities, which critics have labeled the “let it rip” approach, has been embraced by our state government. Whether we like it or not and whether the timing was right or not, it is what it is, and in an election year it ain't going to change.

Yes, we are a collective victim of chronic underfunding of our heath systems by the Federal & State governments, and agree 100% Covid has put the proverbial spotlight on the issue. If you read the article I linked earlier you will see it is a global problem, but it does have local nuances. Our public hospitals in Victoria are funded by both the state and federal governments. Our state government can "find" $60B to fund capital infrastructure projects...

Exclusivity of the let it rip is irrelevant and no longer relevant. Allowing the virus to circulate in the communities, which critics have labeled the “let it rip” approach, has been embraced by our state government. Whether we like it or not and whether the timing was right or not, it is what it is, and in an election year it ain't going to change.

No, sadly it isn't. :(

Why a decade ago ?

Nobody was advocating "let it rip" when the pandemic started. Nobody knew how long it would last, how serious it was, etc.

You don't think its possible to "let it rip" without protecting essential services and having contingency plans?
Pre vaccination no not possible
Post vaccination pre omicron probably
Post vaccination with omicron maybe

Why a decade ago ?

Look it's probably closer to 30 years ago. We've been defunding and then trying to privatise healthcare ever since the Howard Government.

It's a source of national shame as far as I am concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back