Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No iso for afl players. Or maybe iso just for a period of time that they have symptoms lol. It’ll be something different but I’ll take it.
As an aside, I read of the Russian player, Andrey Rublev, who claims he was allowed to enter the country for the Australian Open despite having Covid. What gives?

As an aside, I read of the Russian player, Andrey Rublev, who claims he was allowed to enter the country for the Australian Open despite having Covid. What gives?
I guess it would depend on when he got it. If he had it a couple of weeks before but is still shedding it that may have been allowing him in

Went straight into quarantine. Did he have it when he got on the plane? He alleges it was a low-level infection, whatever that is.

Like the last two years maybe?
Flying in and out of states nobody else can, miraculously on a plane out the night before the Government announcements, allowed to leave isolation to train, access to testing regimes that the rest of us aren't, just basically bending over for the $$$ and the bragging rights

Like the last two years maybe?
Flying in and out of states nobody else can, miraculously on a plane out the night before the Government announcements, allowed to leave isolation to train, access to testing regimes that the rest of us aren't, just basically bending over for the $$$ and the bragging rights
Not sure I could have survived lockdowns without my football. You? Would you have preferred to see the competition shelves the last 2 years?

I had no issue whatsoever that rules were "bent", and I'm not sure it was a case of "just basically bending over for the $$$$". I haven't seen the figures but the past 2 years cost the AFL an arm and a leg. Allowing players to fly interstate didn't result in a mass outbreak of Covid.

I know you will say the average Joe couldn't fly interstate and visit family so why should footballers have been given a pass? In the main the protocols put in place by the AFL were effective; you saw what happened when breaches occurred - there were consequences

Not sure I could have survived lockdowns without my football. You? Would you have preferred to see the competition shelves the last 2 years?

I had no issue whatsoever that rules were "bent", and I'm not sure it was a case of "just basically bending over for the $$$$". I haven't seen the figures but the past 2 years cost the AFL an arm and a leg. Allowing players to fly interstate didn't result in a mass outbreak of Covid.

I know you will say the average Joe couldn't fly interstate and visit family so why should footballers have been given a pass? In the main the protocols put in place by the AFL were effective; you saw what happened when breaches occurred - there were consequences
I've not watched a game since 2019 so yeah I would have been fine with the comp being shelved for the last two years personally.

I don't really care about the AFL as an entity, bunch of campaigners. I do care about the preferntial treatment they got and the rush to throw money at Professional sporting clubs as part of the 2020 recovery.

Sport has been given every opportunity and leg up to keep going, meanwhile arts and people have pretty much been left to rot by all levels of Government

And yeah, people couldn't go to funerals, or get to children being treated in different states, see dying family, just go home, but the footy players and their families could fly all around the country.

We were told that magically the sports clubs were safe but everyone else couldn't be trusted. There were breaches all over the place with athletes, AFL, NRL etc, but they kept letting them come so yeah, money talks

By the time the season starts eastern seaboard players most players will probably have contracted Omicron. That, along with triple vaccination, will provide a level of "herd immunity". Wait until the WCE & Freo players come over. They'll drop like flies having had zero exposure

Most Vic/NSW/Qld it seems that about half have already had Covid so unless they contract it again or whatever new variant comes they may be ok. I think Port had about 10. WA clubs are likely to most impacted because they don't have it

Crowds I would guess will have some sort of cap again

There'll almost certainly be another strain and re-infection should probably be assumed, rather than hoping for the best. Rather than "resting" players later in the season, clubs might be doing COVID rotations......deliberate infections in the lead-up to finals to reduce likelihood of catching during finals.....

There'll almost certainly be another strain and re-infection should probably be assumed, rather than hoping for the best. Rather than "resting" players later in the season, clubs might be doing COVID rotations......deliberate infections in the lead-up to finals to reduce likelihood of catching during finals.....
Only clubs that don't care about their players health. Only a couple of clubs have a history of that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many pain-killing injections do you think Jed Anderson, Jack Darling and Liam Jones have had between them?

Do you think they checked the ingredients?

Clubs inject players all the time.

I bet they all get offered seasonal flu jabs.

I was joking about deliberate infections, but somebody's going to miss final/s this year with COVID, near-guaranteed. THey might be locking down into hubs for finals anyway/

Omega (Ω) will provide the most resistance.
I wonder if major companies like Sigma and Omega could lobby NOT to have a Covid strain bearing their names?

Apparently sale of Corona beer wasn't affected

I've not watched a game since 2019 so yeah I would have been fine with the comp being shelved for the last two years personally.

I don't really care about the AFL as an entity, bunch of campaigners. I do care about the preferntial treatment they got and the rush to throw money at Professional sporting clubs as part of the 2020 recovery.

Sport has been given every opportunity and leg up to keep going, meanwhile arts and people have pretty much been left to rot by all levels of Government

And yeah, people couldn't go to funerals, or get to children being treated in different states, see dying family, just go home, but the footy players and their families could fly all around the country.

We were told that magically the sports clubs were safe but everyone else couldn't be trusted. There were breaches all over the place with athletes, AFL, NRL etc, but they kept letting them come so yeah, money talks
Wait, what?? And you’re modding here on a football - AFL - forum?? Is the money good?

Wait, what?? And you’re modding here on a football - AFL - forum?? Is the money good?
I mean there is a lot more than just AFL discussed on here, I just don't bother getting involved in any of the footy talk anymore as I don't care

It happens far more in this nation then we would like it to happen.
the answer to the question posed would be no, the officer would not have been charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back