Politics Hypocrisy of The Right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Secondly, gaining publicity and building a brand based on a position that most of the company's Australian customers agree with is not in the interests of shareholders?

No decent person has an issue with his smashing the unions. Destroying them clearly in shareholders best interests and will make them money

He should stick to that rather than pontificating about the latest PC issue du jour.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...e/news-story/2957f3a6a1f940da2f485ebe8509657f

Mr Joyce did agree with Mr Dutton on one point: that companies’ primary obligation is to their shareholders.

This really proves, once again, how stupid the world can be when they insist on dividing everything into teams. Why is it so hard to accept for some people that you could be conservative and pro choice? Or progressive and anti immigration or any other combination of things.

This. Every single issue on this board eventually becomes left/right, regardless of whether it's a left/right issue or whether those on team left/team right are actually arguing a pro right/pro left position. The way people break things down into left/right you'd think that it's some linear scale with Hitler at one end and Gandhi at the other. If you look at the political compass/spectrum with historic figures on it it's interesting where they all sit.

I can see why they punted her (albeit temporarily) from a conservative news network. They're not interested in free speech at all, they're aiming at a target market with a specific political agenda. They don't want commentators opining about pro-choice or gun control, that'll have the viewership switching off quick smart. No different to an equivalent liberal outlet, they're pushing an agenda. The US has a lot more media outlets than we do and a good deal of them are in no way balanced and objective. Tomi Lahren herself self-describes as a commentator not a journalist whose show is not about presenting the news neutrally.

The problem with politics particularly here and in the US where there are two major parties is that everyone gets lumped into one of two baskets. I maintain the best MPs come from a select band in the middle. ALP members who think outside the union bubble and get how business works and Liberal members who are detached from the religious right and their nonsense. And then we got Abbott. *.

The problem with politics particularly here and in the US where there are two major parties is that everyone gets lumped into one of two baskets. I maintain the best MPs come from a select band in the middle.

Pretty much this. We are caught in a s**t-fight between the left and the right which ended up more being a point scoring game. It's a shame that neither side can see this.

No decent person has an issue with his smashing the unions. Destroying them clearly in shareholders best interests and will make them money

He should stick to that rather than pontificating about the latest PC issue du jour.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...e/news-story/2957f3a6a1f940da2f485ebe8509657f

Mr Joyce did agree with Mr Dutton on one point: that companies’ primary obligation is to their shareholders.

I don't have a subscription to the Australian, but I did see yesterday's AFR and Joyce defended himself in that publication too.

Not only that, other business leaders, including the Chair of ANZ defended the right of business leaders to comment on social and societal issues, as did the AFR's editorial.

This issue has been a positive for Qantas and a negative for Dutton.

Good question Chief. Where would we be without Esso night at the opera eh?
Straw man.

I didn't say all charitable giving or arts patronage was effective or useful, I asked why they do it at all.

How funny is that Amy Schumer chick, am I right?
People laughed at her when she said she was going to be a comedian when she grew up. Now no one's laughing :p

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Militant unions had their purpose in the day and ran their course, but to say "no decent person has an issue with smashing unions" is just a right wing wet dream, all hands to mast and all that. Abbott and his less than human ilk would be dreaming of how many human rights they could violate without unions, in every way the low campaigner. Labour and the unions are the only thing which stops the Liberal party sending six year-olds back down the coal mines and setting the minimum wage at the smallest denomination available, 5 cents. These people are scum. Wake up.
Just open your eyes.

run and hide people... the left are coming to get you.

no wait the elephant is waiting in the wings instead...

short term but either that or wasted embellishment.

Militant unions had their purpose in the day and ran their course, but to say "no decent person has an issue with smashing unions" is just a right wing wet dream, all hands to mast and all that. Abbott and his less than human ilk would be dreaming of how many human rights they could violate without unions, in every way the low campaigner. Labour and the unions are the only thing which stops the Liberal party sending six year-olds back down the coal mines and setting the minimum wage at the smallest denomination available, 5 cents. These people are scum. Wake up.
Just open your eyes.
Sarcasm?

Then take your money out of the company and put it somewhere else, or vote to get rid of the CEO.

I dont have any money in Goldmans or QANTAS

. Labour and the unions are the only thing which stops the Liberal party sending six year-olds back down the coal mines and setting the minimum wage at the smallest denomination available, 5 cents. These people are scum. Wake up.

There is a reason they banned absinthe. Don't cut your other ear off.

Since I'm 'not allowed' to post hypocrisy of the left in the appropriate thread (which is full of circle-jerking lefties trying to pretend their s**t don't stink, I might add), I thought you'd appreciate me giving your ghost town thread a bump.

You're officially 'not allowed' to quote The New York Times ever again, tax cheats.

giphy.gif

I'm so glad our sole purpose in life is to cater to indians and their coal interests.

How do we as nation even allow them to come and pillage our resources ******* up our pristine land in the process.

I'm so glad our sole purpose in life is to cater to indians and their coal interests.

How do we as nation even allow them to come and pillage our resources ******* up our pristine land in the process.

Some shifty little Liberal Party barnacle is making a mint out of this, that's why. The rest of us can get stuffed.

Has anyone noticed every working class conservative voter also believes everyone and the world is out to get them?

It's like society in their world is one giant conspiracy. Every single conservative nutter I've met has been some intense paranoid flog. Not one has believed the authorities are genuine eg. Government = Illuminati/ISIS, EPA/climate change = scam, Paying tax = waste, OHS/OSHA = Pirates, Health effects of smoking = myth, Science = Unproven, technology = Scary.

There's a systematic pattern where they need to make up their own world as though reality is too emotionally overwhelming for them. I don't think they can all be that dumb, surely they can understand and comprehend scientific explanations. I think they get scared if they understand the scientific explanation, they can't help but see how it inarguably destroys their religious views that are a fundamental glue and fabric to their being. Many are born and raised to believe in some mythical being, a 6000 year old earth, magic, resurrection, afterlife etc. Those especially age 40+ will deny science and send the world backwards. Even if they know deep down science is right and they are wrong, they just can't face seeing for themselves that they're wrong. Hence will la la la and not even be remotely interested in being objective.

It makes no sense how a Young earth creationist would not be interested in looking up how the 4 independant methods of dating work. If someone tells me Malvern is better than Broadmeadows, I don't cower under a rock and call it "crap" and a conspiracy by the Chinese to deflate broadmeadows median house values. I feel my beliefs are challenged and need to verify the truth for myself. They're pathetic needy people that need a fantasy after believing in it for so long even if it keeps society technologically behind. The only reason someone who's believed in a 6000yr old Earth for their entire existence would not be curious towards groundbreaking technology that challenges their views is because they're insecure about them in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back