I believe in Billie Smedts

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a long time Billiever but I think this is probably the end for him. Poor bastard just doesn't have the body for the game.

I watched some of his 2012/2013 work last night (my own sad footy marathon), I'll upload some of his work when I get a chance. But it's still annoying that they moved him to defence. I get they thought that there might have been more immediate and long term opportunities in defence, but he never showed anywhere near the aptitude for defence compared to what he did up forward. I've noticed other teams' posters (and our own) are really disparaging of his abilities. Such a shame that his reputation has taken a hit over the last 3 seasons. Listening to the commentators talking about what an exciting prospect he was 20 or so games in when he was kicking goals, including Leigh Matthews saying he was impressed, Mark Ricciuto saying he was Stevie J mark 2.

What a shame.

I watched some of his 2012/2013 work last night (my own sad footy marathon), I'll upload some of his work when I get a chance. But it's still annoying that they moved him to defence. I get they thought that there might have been more immediate and long term opportunities in defence, but he never showed anywhere near the aptitude for defence compared to what he did up forward. I've noticed other teams' posters (and our own) are really disparaging of his abilities. Such a shame that his reputation has taken a hit over the last 3 seasons. Listening to the commentators talking about what an exciting prospect he was 20 or so games in when he was kicking goals, including Leigh Matthews saying he was impressed, Mark Ricciuto saying he was Stevie J mark 2.

What a shame.

People say crap like this all the time. It's why you shouldn't be so quick to buy into the hype around young players. Gillies was Scarlett Mk II; Vardy was the next Nick Riewoldt.

People say crap like this all the time. It's why you shouldn't be so quick to buy into the hype around young players. Gillies was Scarlett Mk II; Vardy was the next Nick Riewoldt.
Bont was to be the next big thing. Think that one has already eventuated.
But some don't materiialise. Bizzell the next GAS.

I Believe! well sort of.
His shoulders might be stuffed, he may be injury prone But he's an agile forward with heaps of natural talent.
This is what we need. No point trading him for an unusable pick.
If he gets fit he needs to be backed in for 10 games in a row.
Rather take a punt on him than take a punt on a broken down Delidio.

I do believe in Billie, I do I do

He'll be a half back flanker next year and keep Mackie out of the team.

aw_jeez_not_this_again.jpg~c200

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not about hype, I use my own eyes. I hadn't heard those things until I watched them back. Sometimes coaches don't get things right, and prefer some players over others.

Not sure there's been too many players who have had such rotten luck with injuries.....I hope he gets a fair run at it next year because he has talent IMO...
upload_2016-9-30_23-21-20.jpeg

I do believe in Billie, I do I do

He'll be a half back flanker next year and keep Mackie out of the team.

Mackie shouldnt be in the team next year regardless of what billie is doing.

As for billie there is talent but his body does not seem to be able to hold together. If he isnt traded next year is make or break for him.

I honestly do not get the hype around Smedts - when he wasn't injured (rare) he turned the ball over, got caught and displayed a complete lack of football intelligence. His disposal was ordinary, his marking is weak. His only strong point was speed - useless when he doesn't know when and how to use it, now he has had a broken leg we have no idea what effect that will have on him. Why do we continue with him - he has been on our list 4 years now for no contribution except taking up a list spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back