Mega Thread "I need to vent" thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

FMD I wish businesses would stopping making it so hard to find contact phone numbers on their websites!!
cannot like this enough
my other gripe is automated answering services that take 3 or 4 minutes to listen to crap until you get to press the correct button, usually ending up in the wrong section anyway
JUST HIRE A RECEPTIONIST FOR GODS SAKE!!

cannot like this enough
my other gripe is automated answering services that take 3 or 4 minutes to listen to crap until you get to press the correct button, usually ending up in the wrong section anyway
JUST HIRE A RECEPTIONIST FOR GODS SAKE!!
God l hate auto answering messages. They never have a number that takes you to talk to who you want to.

People
Overseas cold calling
The chips and burgers are shithouse now
Every single person has to have a tattoo so they've lost all meaning
****en bandaid packaging... I'd hate to be frickin bleeding to death trying to get one open

People

****en bandaid packaging... I'd hate to be frickin bleeding to death trying to get one open
:eek::eek: If you have an injury that is going to result in you bleeding to death, then I hardly doubt a band aid is going to help.

Kit-DemoDotCover-Sm.jpg

The tight plastic wrapping around The Age, when delivered on weekends. It’s nearly impossible to remove. And it’s delivered late. And it’s thrown with such velocity it’s been known to damage plants in the front garden.

I can live with the digital version weekdays, but on Saturday I like to line all the newspaper sections up and work through them.

The tight plastic wrapping around The Age, when delivered on weekends. It’s nearly impossible to remove. And it’s delivered late. And it’s thrown with such velocity it’s been known to damage plants in the front garden.

I can live with the digital version weekdays, but on Saturday I like to line all the newspaper sections up and work through them.
One of the last truly (semi) independent Newspapers left
I do the same
You used to be able to get a tool from Newsagents to strip the plastic off, but that was years ago. I use a Box Cutter

One of the last truly (semi) independent Newspapers left
I do the same
You used to be able to get a tool from Newsagents to strip the plastic off, but that was years ago. I use a Box Cutter

Box cutter? I’ll try that. Was thinking of a hack saw or electric hedge trimmer. Something to break through the industrial strength wrapping.

LOL. Always makes me laugh watching people trying to get the gladwrap off. When I left Telstra and went back to uni in '89 I worked at a newsagents doing the 4-6am shift preparing papers for the delivery guys, nice cashy. Thank God they didn't deliver Sunday papers back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Saturday Age was the scourge of all paper boys back in the day before the plastic wrapping.

The huge things often meant an extra trip back to the Newsagent or a ridiculously heavy & unwieldy load if you could get them in one lot.

Then you had morons who had mailboxes that were too small. If you shoved it in they would ring up & complain it was torn. If you left it on top with a rock & it rained or blew away, they would complain.

The worst ones were the pricks who got the Newsagent to get you to ride in their front yard (leave the gate open-you bastard!) & leave it on their veranda. Then come Chrissy time give you no tip at all.

I hated the Sat Age!

Redheads matches - remember when they'd strike every time? Now I break 3 ,the 4th fizzles out and I light my gas jets from the other side of the room. If the matchsticks were any thinner they'd be splinters

:eek::eek: If you have an injury that is going to result in you bleeding to death, then I hardly doubt a band aid is going to help.

Kit-DemoDotCover-Sm.jpg

I think you are completely disregarding the current grooming trend for shorn testicles... that's not a situation where you want to fumble the ball, no pun intended o_O

I think you are completely disregarding the current grooming trend for shorn testicles... that's not a situation where you want to fumble the ball, no pun intended o_O
There are special razors for that region. Brilliant. Not sure how they work but they never cut your sensitive bits. Stress free grooming.

302448317_tn30_0.jpg

The Saturday Age was the scourge of all paper boys back in the day before the plastic wrapping. The huge things often meant an extra trip back to the Newsagent or a ridiculously heavy & unwieldy load if you could get them in one lot.Then you had morons who had mailboxes that were too small. If you shoved it in they would ring up & complain it was torn. If you left it on top with a rock & it rained or blew away, they would complain. The worst ones were the pricks who got the Newsagent to get you to ride in their front yard (leave the gate open-you bastard!) & leave it on their veranda. Then come Chrissy time give you no tip at all. I hated the Sat Age!

As a newspaper boy so did I. The hessian sack we used to hold the papers burst on me one morning - right on the railway crossing - yikes!!!
Our newsagent used to print the following so we could stick it with the paper around Christmas time

"Christmas comes but once a year
And when it comes it brings good cheer
So in the midst of all your joy
Please don't forget the paperboy
For I'm the one that brings the news
A Christmas tip I'll not refuse"

Don't think it worked....

Last edited:

The worst part about age delivery is they dont seem to care where they deliver it to. Apparently they are under no obligation to put it in a letter box, just throw it somewhere in the general vicinity of your address is close enough.

Our block of flats is next to a laneway. Half the time the age was tossed up the laneway, not even into the entrance path to the flats, and was run over and or drenched by rainwater even inside its plastic cover long before my flatmate could retrieve his copy. They have dropped their subscription because of it and nobody at the age seemed to give a toss.

The worst part about age delivery is they dont seem to care where they deliver it to. Apparently they are under no obligation to put it in a letter box, just throw it somewhere in the general vicinity of your address is close enough. Our block of flats is next to a laneway. Half the time the age was tossed up the laneway, not even into the entrance path to the flats, and was run over and or drenched by rainwater even inside its plastic cover long before my flatmate could retrieve his copy. They have dropped their subscription because of it and nobody at the age seemed to give a toss.

Used to be that your local newsagent was responsible for delivery in his / her area. Now it's a centralised thing - they don't give a fat rat's .... and are impossible to contact. I now read the paper at the coffee shop - sometimes need to be sneaky and hide the Age while reading the HS etc

The worst part about age delivery is they dont seem to care where they deliver it to. Apparently they are under no obligation to put it in a letter box, just throw it somewhere in the general vicinity of your address is close enough.

... nobody at the age seemed to give a toss.
Actually, it seems the toss was the problem.

I need to vent.

How the * does anyone with the surname "Marsh" keep getting a shot in the Australian Cricket Team?

Both Mitch and Shaun have naked photos of the selectors I am sure of it.

Why is it then whenever you spill something on yourself that causes an irremovable stain you're always wearing one of your favorite items of clothing.
I have a million items of clothing which I call my "dag around the house" clothes and nothing ever gets spilled on them.
Spillage seems to be reserved for expensive and favorite items.
I know it is somehow Buckleys fault but haven't been able to figure out the link.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back