If we missed out on the grand final what would you do?

Remove this Banner Ad

mustang

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arizona DiamondBacks
We have made the grand final since 2012 but if we didn't make it this year what would you do grand final day would you watch it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have made the grand final since 2012 but if we didn't make it this year what would you do grand final day would you watch it.
I like to watch the 2 best teams playing in the Grand Final so that would be a no for me. I would go bush for the weekend like 2006/2007.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pedant in me says your thread title could still do with a question mark. :p

And for the record, if we weren't involved, it's probably high time that my very patient partner gets some long overdue birthday attention as her big day falls on October 1st. I was away at a grand final for her 30th... :$

Have a fish in the morning and then watch the game in the afternoon (depending on whether the fish are biting or not).

If Hawthorn was playing, cook/prepare finger food, plenty of cold beer on ice, watch the pre-match and all the lead up stuff etc. Re watch the Hawks great win till the early hours of the morning.

The same as i do for the last 6 years

BBQ, Invite all my mates over, get the crappy 60 inch tv in the garage so you can throw empty cans at the TV, watch my 4 reserved chinese mates get blind drunk (Honestly, they tend not to drink at all, they really get into the low class white bogan spirit) and wake up sunday morning at like 4am because i've passed out at 10pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re-watch the previous 15 on Holodisc, activate my cerebral cyber-link & discuss who we should trade in 2028 to chase our 26th flag.

It has become the norm lately. Memories of the 80s growing up. It would be an unusual feeling.

We deserve to make it this year. The only team in the top 4 not to have endured a blow out loss. We are always in the contest and been exceptional interstate this season.

Whilst respect is earned in finals, as 08 proved, I feel the players owe it to themselves and the club to create history.

Just as Dunstall had a friendly chat to the boys as to the importance of back to back. The same I believe should be done by the men who missed out in 1990 which is the forgotten season rarely discussed.

I can't imagine us not being there. The stakes are too huge for our club's history.

KOLOKOTRONIS

The last 4 years have been such a novelty. I went to game after game watching us put in embarrassing performances from 1994-2000, and 2002-2006. If we weren't to make it this year, I'd be disappointed for a day or two and then look forward to a more relaxed Grand Final week.

And of course, I'd spend the additional $300-sih in my account on Beer.

The last 4 years have been such a novelty. I went to game after game watching us put in embarrassing performances from 1994-2000, and 2002-2006. If we weren't to make it this year, I'd be disappointed for a day or two and then look forward to a more relaxed Grand Final week.

And of course, I'd spend the additional $300-sih in my account on Beer.

You haven't been around long enough. There was a time when your hands would hurt just from clapping. When 95% of the time you knew we would win it ...

However the periods you are talking about were tough. 1996 was an interesting season of ups and downs. We were ok to watch at the end of 99 and 00. 02 and 03 the scribes had us top four. Apart from 95 (late flurry of losses) a stretch from 97-98 and 04 (Schwab premiership calls) we have never been totally s**t. I was disgruntled during the down periods, however appreciate the might of our club and our achievements.

What you are witnessing though is not a novelty. It is our right, because we are the best sporting organization in the land by a long long way. Excellence is expected and demanded at Hawthorn.

Spectemur agendo

KOLOKOTRONIS

having just snuck through to the prelims in the past 3 years (and missing out by an absolute travesty in 2011), I'm well aware of how bloody hard it is to make a granny. So while i'd be gutted if we don't make it, of course there's a big chance it'll happen. Also, for what it's worth, as good as the leadup week is, I'd actually prefer not to make it then to lose on grand final day. I'm still scarred by 84, 85, 87 and 12, whereas I don't sleep over 1990 or 2011 for instance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back