Independent Wrestling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno where to put this but Women Of Wrestling have signed Tessa Blanchard and AJ Lee (as Executive Producer/Commentator) and have a TV deal with Viacom CBS similiar to what ROH has with Sinclair.

With Tessa involved I probably won't look into it much but I was thinking awhile back if an all female promotion outside Japan could ever get big so I guess we'll find out soon.

Dunno where to put this but Women Of Wrestling have signed Tessa Blanchard and AJ Lee (as Executive Producer/Commentator) and have a TV deal with Viacom CBS similiar to what ROH has with Sinclair.

With Tessa involved I probably won't look into it much but I was thinking awhile back if an all female promotion outside Japan could ever get big so I guess we'll find out soon.
WOW was previously on AXSTV with Tessa as Champ. Only saw some highlights in the past and it didn't look like anything special.

last 2 matches were really good. Is Itoh going back to AEW for the TBS Tournament?

I was thinking Yamashita would come over if she lost, since she and Mizuki are the only two of the big TJPW guns to not do something with AEW. If it's only 16 people in the tournament, AEW might go all local for the tournament. They've got enough wrestlers for that. If they push it to 32 they'll need some help and yeah Itoh, and probably others from TJPW, would probably come over. My main worry straight after the main event was Itoh straight up moving to the US and never getting the win, but the announcement of the March Ryogoku show makes me think/hope they might do a re-match there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bunch of notes from the GCW show this weekend.

Lio Rush was in a triple threat that involved Alex Zayne.
Joey Janela and Marko Stunt tagged, Chris Dickinson was on the other team.
Thunder Rosa competed in a 7 person scramble.
Matt Cardona won the Internet title back with help from Chelsea Green.
The Briscoes showed up to challenge the GCW tag champs.
GCW are gonna run in the Hammerstein Ballroom Jan 23rd next year.
Mick Foley showed up, The crowd did a Foley, Cactus, Dude Love and Mankind chant back to back. He said **** Matt Cardona to a big pop. He joined the commentary team for the main event also.
Mox retained his GCW World title vs Nick Gage via a top rope Paradigm Shift through glass. Mox's head bled a lot and his back is sliced up.

This was on October 3rd.
FBa3inMXMAAhEtW

The new Women of Wrestling relaunch is underway, and has been met with significant controversy after announcing Tessa Blanchard as the face and casting agent in the company.
Reasons for those controversies are an alleged incident with La Rosa Negra, that those around it claim saw Tessa Blanchard spit on La Rosa Negra and use a racial slur. Blanchard has vehemently denied such behavior to those close to her, and claimed the fight began when Negra threw an item at her. The two have spoken since, but as it turns out, there have been some pretty heavy efforts by multiple companies to get them together again.
Fightful has learned of two specific pitches that were put together, one on screen, and one off screen. According to NWA sources, one of the ideas when they made contact with Blanchard during the Summer was to get La Rosa Negra and Blanchard together in private to work things out and make good on their issues. We're not sure if this even made it to La Rosa Negra.
Another pitch made this year was from WOW Women of Wrestling this year. Fightful has learned from sources close to La Rose Negra, close to WOW, and who formerly worked at WOW that a pitch was made to her that she could work for WOW, and she and Tessa would appear on screen together in some capacity. It was not specified to us if this would have been on the actual show, or something for social media, or what the content would have entailed, though we were told things varying from an "apology" to "easing tensions." We also aren't sure of the time frame around it.
Fightful has attempted to reach out to La Rosa Negra on the matter. Those close to her say she was "insulted" by the offer.
------------------------
Ugh!

------------------------
Ugh!

How to kill a wrestling company before running a show: Featuring Tessa Blanchard, Jeanne Busse and AJ Mendez!

Do think this will die out like a wet fart but if they didn't think hiring Tessa AND giving her that sort of power was a good idea then they'd probably have something good going here.

*. That sucks. It's a very brutal reminder of what wrestlers give every time they're in the ring.

God I loved the toilet paper gimmick when he was in "da EM-bah-ci" with Prince Nana.

Never known a promotion to just go whooshka.

This is what the death of ECW would've looked like if Paul Heyman wasn't an arsehole.

I hope they go nostalgia-heavy on Final Battle, because I think the crowd is going to treat it as the end. So Bandido and the title might not mean as much as some nostalgia pops.

I'd main event it with the Briscoes vs Homicide and... I'd take a chance on Low Ki. He was on the first show and had the Rottweilers history with Homicide, who was also on the first show along with the Briscoes. And even better if they could get Julius Smokes! The other opportunity is to book Amazing Red vs Jay Briscoe with Mark in his corner - that was the match on the first show.

If this is to be the end, I could see WWE (probably moreso than AEW given the current state of the forbidden door) being prepared to let some guys like Joe and Owens make an appearance. And the wrestling world would pop ******* hard for an El Generico appearance (although I think the story goes that he might've died while building orphanages in Mexico.)

Still, they'd be better off trying to get a relationship with AEW - from Christopher Daniels, to CM Punk, to Bryan Danielson, to Jay Lethal and Jay Briscoe who are still with the company, to Adam Cole (bay bay), Omega and the Bucks, and now RUSH, PCO and Bandido... you're pretty much covering the main event of every era of ROH. And they won't all wrestle - but you don't need them to, I think you just want the nostalgia pop from an appearance.

The other thing I'd love to see? The NJPW partnership seems done, so for the last show I'd love love love to see them give us a Dragon Gate 6-man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back