India Tour of England 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Who would have thought bouncing Anderson would have worked out this well for India. They're living rent free in England's head atm.

Absolutely and as much as I respect Anderson as a bowler, he’s brought this on himself. You’ve played 150 tests or something and faced Johnson, Steyn, Starc, Shoaib??, Lee, Rabada, some of the nastiest bowlers of the millenium and been bounced by all of them. Very poor to carry on like such a twit because Jasprit Bumrah bounced you for a few overs

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
What’s the incident they’re referring to from day 3?
Bumrah bowled a 10 ball over at Anderson of basically all short balls. He more than likely bowled some of those no balls deliberately. Anderson was not happy when he was dismissed and had a bit to say to Bumrah.

Allezjuel

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
This reminds me of some other 9th wicket partnerships that have flipped a match on it's head, namely Duminy & Steyn at MCG 2008, and Hussey & Siddle at SCG in 2010 - but at least in those scenarios there was 1 recognised batsman, no excuse here for England.

India to get a 300 lead and declare, the only reason I wouldn't declare at lunch is because there doesn't look like any demons in the pitch, especially with no Ashwin.

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
We are kidding ourselves a bit if we don't think Bumrah was saying anything when he was bowling to Anderson. He's had plenty to say out there today.

Not saying this because he's Indian, but I genuinely have never seen Bumrah sledge a batsman ever. Of course, he might have said a few things in reply to the sledges from the English fielders but he's just not the kind of fast bowler who sledges. There are some quicks who don't do it - I haven't seen Philander saying a lot of words but just a stare here and there, Bumrah hardly even gives the stare.

Besides, I doubt be deliberately bowled the no balls. All his no balls were just short by a few millimetres and unless he has mastered the art of bowling inch perfect no balls, it's hard to make an assumption that he bowled them deliberately. Besides what's the point of bowling a yorker that's a no ball anyway..

There is of course the fact that he has a long standing problem with bowling no balls - most famously when he bowled that no ball which dismissed Fakhar Zaman in the last Champions trophy final, who then proceeded to smash us to all parts of the ground in that match, or more recently when he bowled as many as 10 no balls in the last test too.

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
It almost looked like England wanted to settle scores with Bumrah as soon as he got to the crease when simply bowling in the channel would've got them out. If bunnies played cricket with each other, then our tailenders would be the genuine bunnies in that bunnies XI.

All they needed to do was consistently bowl in the channel and our tailenders would have obliged. They let their ego get the better of themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
That's nearly an identical dismissal to how Burns got out to Cummins late on day 4 of the 4th Ashes Test.

The ball before Cummins' famous one to Root.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back