Indian Premier League 2024 (22nd March-29th May)

Who will win 2024 IPL?

• Chennai Super Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mumbai Indians

• Gujarat Titans

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Rajasthan Royals

• Lucknow Super Giants

• Royal Challengers Bangalore

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Delhi Capitals

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Punjab Kings

• Kolkata Knight Riders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Also Abhishek Sharma I noticed got Player of the Match. He batted really well, but I thought Klaasens innings was the better innings, albeit at a slightly lesser run rate but scoring more runs.

It may be a case of award goers favouring local over international players.

Game 9 of the IPL from Rajasthans home ground today:

Teams:

Delhi Capitals
(Playing XI): David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Ricky Bhui, Rishabh Pant(w/c), Tristan Stubbs, Axar Patel, Sumit Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Anrich Nortje, Khaleel Ahmed, Mukesh Kumar

Rajasthan Royals (Playing XI): Yashasvi Jaiswal, Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson(w/c), Riyan Parag, Shimron Hetmyer, Dhruv Jurel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Trent Boult, Yuzvendra Chahal, Sandeep Sharma, Avesh Khan

Here are the Impact substitutes for both the teams:

Delhi Capitals Subs:
Abhishek Porel, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Pravin Dubey, Kumar Kushgara, Rasikh Dar

Rajasthan Royals Subs: Rovman Powell, Nandre Burger, Tanush Kotian, Shubham Dubey, Kuldeep Sen

Delhi have won the toss and elected to bowl first.

Warner looks properly cooked next to Bison
Marsh just swatting them like flies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I know this topic has been brought up a fair bit in the last 12-24 months, but India to me cant win this years T20 playing the oldies Kohli and Rohit Sharma. Yesterdays innings from Kohli was a case in point why India need to blood in the new generation as they are more attacking in mindset in those middle overs.

Will we get to a point the bowlers will not be interested in playing t20 cricket.
I find it disgusting that it is such a one sided game.
It is just a slogathon, there is no skill a bowler can provide to stop the high scores.
Why bother playing if you’re a bowler? Big bats, short boundaries, highways to bat on.
Why even go to the effort to get smashed around the park.
Put bowling machines in and be done with it.

And I know this topic has been brought up a fair bit in the last 12-24 months, but India to me cant win this years T20 playing the oldies Kohli and Rohit Sharma. Yesterdays innings from Kohli was a case in point why India need to blood in the new generation as they are more attacking in mindset in those middle overs.
Challenge accepted. Going on gut feeling here without the stats and data. Everyone here is under 30, and have either just started their T20I careers, a little into it or yet to start. Deliberately left out Bumrah (just turned 30), and Siraj (29) in favour of younger players. EDIT: Kuldeep Yadav could also come in

1. Ruturaj Gaikwad
2. Yash Jaiswal
3. Shubman Gill (c)
4. Sai Sundharsan
5. Rishabh Pant (wk)
6. Rinku Singh
7. Axar Patel
8. Akash Deep
9. Ravi Bishnoi
10. Arshdeep Singh
11. Pradish Krishna

12. Tilak Varma
13. Prabhsimran Singh (wk)
14. Washington Sundar
15. Mukesh Choudhary

Last edited:
Will we get to a point the bowlers will not be interested in playing t20 cricket.
It is just a slogathon, there is no skill a bowler can provide to stop the high scores.
Why bother playing if you’re a bowler? Big bats, short boundaries, highways to bat on.
Going to say this, the wickets and ground sizes in Australia make it a bit more fairer for bowlers. The introduction this year of the limit of 2 bouncers an over for seamers was supposed to tilt some of that pendulum back to the bowlers.

The SRH vs MI game anything but entertaining. Hopefully the pitches will offer a better contest between bat and ball as the tournament goes on. That T10 rubbish is where bowling machines should replace bowlers, T20 could follow suit in the not too distant future unless pitches become more bowler friendly.

Back