Indian Premier League 2024 (22nd March-29th May)

Who will win 2024 IPL?

• Chennai Super Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mumbai Indians

• Gujarat Titans

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Rajasthan Royals

• Lucknow Super Giants

• Royal Challengers Bangalore

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Delhi Capitals

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Punjab Kings

• Kolkata Knight Riders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

according to Fox graphics while I was watching the footy, the final is "Pat Cummins vs Mitchell Starc" so bad luck for the rest of the players. :drunk:
Funnily enough, their the two richest players in the IPL season.

You do realize that the ad us targeted at Aussies. They would say. Heinrich Klaasen v Shreyas Iyer

Great start for KKR - guessing this will be a replay of the match the other night.

Or Cumdawg is gonna step up and save the day once again like he always does.

Not a fan of the wheely bin stuff but curious to see how the boys go given the WC is around the corner.

Unless cumdawg decides to go full white ball batter again it's hard to see a path back to redemption here.

Short of a hattrick dismantling early over, I don't know how SRH come out of this without being incredibly embarassed. It's the lowest score in an IPL final ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Blast starts this week. Despite the lack of glitz and glamour, I enjoy it more than the IPL due to the fact there are no timeouts, no drs and the game is more fast moving than the IPL. Games in the blast take little more than 180 minutes which can't be said for the IPL.

Last edited:
akkaps' Retention List

Given that we are heading into a big auction for 2025, here's my predictions on retentions. Seeing that nothing has been stated in regards on how many will be retained, I will stick with the rules of 4 retentions per team + 1 Right To Match card. Though the RTM card was note used last time, it's highly likely to be

As per the wiki page
Rich (BB code):
Player retention
With a total salary cap of INR 90 crore available at the mega auction for each
team, the eight franchises were eligible to retain up to 4 players with a
maximum of 3 Indians, 2 overseas players and 2 uncapped Indians.

Chennai Super Kings - Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni, Theekshana/Pathirana/Shivam/Conway
The first three are obvious, but I really hope MS Dhoni takes a pay cut for the benefit moving on. CSK could pick any of the following bowlers to be honest, the two international bowlers provide a base for the other bowlers to be selected, whist the two batsman offer maturity

Delhi Capitals - Rishabh Pant, Axar Patel, Tristan Stubbs, Kuldeep Yadav
DC have Rishabh as captain for the foreseeable, and Stubbs has been a great inclusion this season, I can see Ponting trying to keep him. JFM might sneak in for a RTM, just due to how cheap he will be.

Gujarat Titans - Shubman Gill, Rashid Khan, Sai Sudharsan, Mohammed Shami
Shubman and Rashid pick themselves here, even though they both had lean seasons, they are the faces of the franchise. Sai has had an impressive IPL and having Shami means they can build a bowling attack around that.

Kolkata Knight Riders - Shreyas Iyer, Sunil Narine, Andrew Russell, Rinku Singh
This picks itself. As for Starc, I could see them use the RTM card here, KKR will always prioritize Narine and Russell as their internationals so no hope for Starc to get automatic selection here.

Lucknow Supergiants - Nicholas Pooran, Stionis/de Kock, Ravi Bishnoi, Mayank Yadav
I don't see LSG picking KL, and I would not object them to picking Nicky P, though this honor may go to QdK. Bishnoi has been their preferred spinner and think he will stay, and they might back Mayank as he impressed with his speed and accuracy before getting injured

Mumbai Indians - Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan/Tilak
They will double down on the Hardik purchase, Bumrah and Sky are autopicked, and it's whether they prefer Kishan Ishan or Tilak, and may use RTM on the other. Roro will look elsewhere.

Punjab Kings - Shikhar Dhawan, Arshdeep Singh, Harshal Patel, Shahank/Ashutosh
Shikhar is the face of this franchise until he decides to retire. And after season Harshal has had, they should keep him. If Gabbar does decide to retire though, they could look at both Shashank and Ashutosh to keep. Big change for Shashank, considering he was an accidental buy

Rajasthan Royals - Sanju Samson, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Trent Boult, Yuvendra/Riyan
Too many quality options here, not enough space. They may chose to go without Boult, but I think he is too good to let go in favour of Yuzi and Riyan. They will also be forced to let go of Buttler and Ashwin.

Royals Challengers Bengaluru - Virat Kohli, Mohammed Siraj, Faf du Plessis, Rajat Patidar
We all know they will always preference Kohli and batting, so it was easy for me to pick the fourth on this list. RCB also don't want to risk losing Faf back to CSK.

Sunrisers Hyderabad - Pat Cummins, Abhishek Sharma, Head/Klaasen, Nitish Kumar Reddy
Last time they went with young guys Abdul Samad and Umran Malik as retentions, they may do the same with Abhishek and Nitish, both quality upcomers in my opinion. That leaves Head or Klaasen or Bhuvi as the RTM pick, depending on the situation

Back